Author Topic: Time to say hello!  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Time to say hello!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 15:13:13 PM »
Hiya Duchess great to have ya with us friendly  mad cat peeps  :welcome:

Love to see pics  :yes: and hear more about Cosmo and Jessie, they both sound fantastic  :Flowers:

Shout if ya need any help  :Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 21:52:29 PM »
Hi Duchess and welcome,

Can't wait to see pics of Cosmo and Jessie ... they sound wonderful.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 21:51:40 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, The Duchess

Look forward to pics of your puddies, as and when... (I'm not the world's most techo-competent, either)

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 20:39:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

So pleased your little ones are doing well and I am sure with the instructions you will learn how to post pictures and if not shout  ;D

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 08:28:58 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Cosmo and Jessie sound lovely  :Luv:

Can't wait to see their pics

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 22:47:24 PM »
Hello Duchess and  :welcome: to Purrs

Glad you finally posted, be careful though - it can get addictive  :Crazy:  Look forward to seeing pics of your little ones.  Here's how to resize pics...  I'd be happy to resize and post them for you if you wanted, just PM me and I'll give you the email address to send them to.

How to post pics

I have recently started using photobucket, you upload your pic to photobucket.com, you then resize the pic clicking edit above the photo, click resize and choose the messageboard size.  To make the photo show in the actual post (rather than a link to photobucket) all you need to do is instead of copying the URL link from photobucket (top box under the pic in photobucket) you copy the I M G code (third box under the pic in photobucket) this inserts I M G at the end - then paste that into your post, this way the actual pic shows up instead of a link to it.  With photobucket you choose where the pic goes ie) Photo then some words underneath 'I love Tiggy she's so pretty' then another photo then more words etc but if you choose the method below it puts all pics at the bottom of the post.

Another way...

If you use XP there is a great resizing tool, once you have downloaded it (takes 30 secs) you don't start a special program, just go to your pics in the normal place and right click on the picture you want and resize - dead easy. Resizing a pic then takes about 2 seconds.  You're pic will show at the bottom of the post fairly small but when anyone clicks on the actual pic it displays it larger.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

It's the 11th one down on the right hand side - Image resize.
Once installed right click on the photo you want to resize.
Select resize pictures
Select advanced
Select custom
Put in 400 by 300 (can actually be larger than this as the site has recently increased it's photo size limit so play around if you want them even bigger)
Click ok and it makes a custom photo ready for uploading in the normal way.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 22:21:38 PM »
Hiya  :welcome: to purrs
ur oh watching the god damn footie too is he ?
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i want it to finish  >:(

ya fur babes sound lovely it would be great if u could post a pic  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Time to say hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 22:13:46 PM »
Registered ages ago and have avidly read other people's posts so thought it was about time to participate - esp as OH is watching the footie.

After much investigation and looking at Cat Chat, we finally adopted two ginger and white rescue kitties - Cosmo and Jessie - who are now about nine months old.  Jessie's a complete tart - the vet calls her his "little muffin" and Cosmo is rather politely described as being very head shy, which seems to be shorthand for "watch it, minion!". 

As advised in more experienced posts - they've both been chopped, chipped, deflead, vaccinated etc and we've been able to deal with the odd "duvet" incident without getting paranoid - advice re Simple solution also helped loads  :thanks:.

I might even get round to posting some piccies but given that I am am technologically incompetent, this might take a while...   

Link to CatChat