Author Topic: Introducing little mo- (pics may upset)  (Read 35449 times)

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
Re: Introducing little mo- (pics may upset)
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »
This made me cry  :'( Poor baby  :'( Bless you for taking her in  :hug: :hug:  Looking forward to updates and hope she gains some weight soon ! 1.2kg  :censored: :censored:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 09:23:47 AM »
the vet and the nurse were both looking quite emotional too, i dont thin we will know if shes thin because she couldnt eat because of ulcers or the ulcers are because she was so run down?
shes been neglected for a while id say , a few little matts that she missed when cutting rest of furr, ears manky probably mites...eyes not sure yet. im not even sure what colour they are at the moment as she looks too unwell :-[
the vet isnt sure yet if the ulcers are because of renal disease but said she looks hopefull as she seems to be be aware of stuff and if a cat with renal disease at her weight and condition came in he thought they wouldnt be able to eat or show interest in stuff....
he was pretty overwhelmed by her condition, and obviously thought of the welfare/cruelty  issues involved. i could only tell him what the lady told me...which probably isnt a whole lot of good as who nows what the truth is if you let a cat get into that condition :-:
i was given a paper with 5 generations of her linage on it, this gives her an age of 3 1/2.... shes so young still and should be in her prime at that age :censored:
my daughter fed her this morning so mos eaten a whole tin since last night, I am going to get her some more kitten milk as she had some and seemed to enjoy it , hopefully that may help fatten her up too.
she slept on end of my bed last night, shes found a corner she seems to like :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 08:17:11 AM »
poor little thing, I wonder as well if the bad mouth is what has stopped her eating, look forward to seeing her blossom

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 01:26:32 AM »
She is gorgeous Jo and I know she is starting to eat AD Diet and do hope that she will be OK  :hug: :hug:

I think this diary is a great idea and hope in a month or two we will see her true lovelyness and hope that her internal organs will be ok  :hug: :hug:

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 00:12:13 AM »
1.2kg?

OMG... poor little thing......

Good you got her in time... hopefully you will manage to sort this little bundle of shin and fur out...

What did the vet say about why she is so thin? Starved or could not eat because of the ulcers?

Poor poor little furball :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Introducing little mo- (pics may upset)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 00:10:41 AM »
Woops, am on the iPod and it posted again
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 00:11:39 AM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 00:09:56 AM »
The poor baby :( How could anyone let her get in that state. I really hope she can build her strength up and become the cat she deserves to be :hug:

Do you know how old she is supposed to be?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 00:12:03 AM by Tiggy's Mum »

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 00:03:58 AM »
thxs hun :hug:
Mo's story :-[
Mo was advertised about 3 weeks ago as needing a new home due to the lady working away, and son having an allergy so unable to deal with feeding mo although the neighbour was soposed to be feeding mo.
I made enquirys about mo,s health, age temperment etc and the lady said mo had allways been in good health but took her to vets to get all clear. the vet apparently said mo had a mouth infection (she does have ulcers) and gave her antibiotics for a fortnight so I kept in touch etc asing about Mo and the lady sent two pics of mo where she looked fine. all seemed in order and i was going to go and meet Mo and if all was well bring her home, well the fortnights treatment ended yesterday for mo so i talked to lady and said I would come across (quite a distance for me as other end of city), i dont drive and have flu so not in a good state so when she offered to bring Mo to meet me i was quite gratefull as didnt really fancy the journey but hadnt wanting to mess lady about as knew she had wanted to get Mo rehomed and after seeing mos pic and hearing about her i felt a bit smitten :shy:

anyhows the lady came with mo in a basket and this adorable white furball crept out and then the reality of how skinny she was beame apparent.
the woman said mos not a big eater, (It appears Mo has been starved :'(
anyhow i was totally at a loss for words, I have never seen a cat so thin, beneath the fur you see is sheer rib and bone, even the tail is little nubbles of bone, i was totally overwhelmed by the situation.
I now some may have battered the woman and reported her straight away but all that was going through my head was...say goodbye , get help quick for mo! i didnt want the opertunity of Mo having to go through more being a possibility.
anyhows Mo has been to vets today, she weighs 1.2kg....... :(
the vet said if i hadnt have got Mo then she would not have survived much longer at all where she was and it was really more in the scope of RSPCA as this was cat cruelty without doubt. she has mucus from her mouth due to ulceration , also her ears are really bad but shes so thin he can only give antibiotics and special food at the moment , its possible she has renal? disease but he said the fact she was still alert and ate some of the special food gave him hope.
in character shes an angel though, Its heartbreaking this has happened as shes so loving and follows you about , someone must have fussed her before....

Offline Anka

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 23:31:51 PM »
What a beauty.... sure you will have her sorted in not time at all.... poor baby :(

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 23:28:56 PM »
Hi
a quick apology to those that may be upset by mo's pics, i have started this thread for mo in the hope that she can only improve from her current state which will be explained later. It will help me to deal with improvement by keeping this thread as her ongoing diary as im praying that i will see a gradual change in Mo and then this will be a thread for Mo to show off the hidden beauty i knew she is :-[
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 23:35:47 PM by thekittensmittens »

Link to CatChat