Author Topic: Lacie Health Update......alternative insulin Hypurin PZI  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Lacie Health Update......alternative insulin Hypurin PZI
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 21:51:05 PM »
Fingers crossed the new dosage does the trick  :)

I'm sure you know it already but lacie is incredibly beautiful  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 21:24:04 PM »
Oh my Lacie is stunning  ;D

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 20:17:07 PM »
The vet rang me today, she wants Lacie to be on 3 units twice daily instead of 4 units, then she will have another fructo test in 3 weeks.

Oh and heres that updated pic I've been meaning to put on!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 15:15:34 PM »
Hi Gill, thats fine  :) It also turns out that there is another cat at my vets that has just had to switch over to Hypurin and seems to be doing ok.

The sisters are getting on ok, Mollie still gets a bit hissy if Lacie backs her into a corner but shes getting more chilled out  :Luv: There has been nose bumps too which are so cute!  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 13:31:33 PM »
Sounds very positive and the drop could ber just she hasnt eaten enough or has been more active.

I hope you dont mind but am going to add something into the title as you have put the other insulin name in the post and we keep need ing this and this will help in a search.

So pleased that lacie is doing well  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Lacie Health Update
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 13:25:55 PM »
Seems quite positive overall then with just a tweak of glucose levels needed?

How are the new sisters getting on nowadays? :Luv:

• Senior Cat
Lacie Health Update......alternative insulin Hypurin PZI
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
Lacie went for her usual 3 month check up last night, everything seems fine (kidneys e.t.c are ok) but her Fructosamine test showed that her blood sugar had been low, the normal level is between 175 & 300 mm/s and hers is 158, it is usually smack bang in the middle of normal.

I suppose it explains why she had a slight hypo on sunday (seemed to come out of the blue). I didn't see my usual vet last night (not sure why as the appointment was booked with her) I saw another vet which is my other cat Mollie's vet but as she doesn't know the ins & outs of Lacie's diabetes, she said she would speak to my usual vet as to if her insulin needs to be reduced & advised me to make sure shes getting enough food down her in the time being. She has also lost a bit of weight (she was 6.3kg and now is 5.9kg) Not sure why as the vet said she should have put on weight if anything, but they're not too worried because she was overweight anyway.

We also discussed what was going to happen when I run out of her insulin in January (Insuvet has discontinued their insulins & Lacie doesn't respond to treatment with Caninsulin) they are going to put her on Hypurin PZI instead and hopefully there will be no difference between the two insulins as they are both beef protamine zinc insulins.

Just waiting on what my usual vet has to say on her low fructo reading, I can't see it as a bad thing as it may mean that she is producing some of her own insulin.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 13:32:23 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat