Author Topic: ***Important XMAS AUCTION announcement*** Purrs members being sent to Coventry  (Read 2970 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
You're ALWAYS clumsy with these type of threads  ;) :naughty:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Whoops, clumsy me bumping into this thread  :naughty:

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
What can I say?  Shame on me, been too busy doing Cat Group stuff, only just spotted this!   :tired:  :-[

Truly honoured indeed!  Thank you all so much for thinking of our deserving moggies.  :Luv2:   Cannot believe our members failed to mention it!  :shify:  Suppose Bren was on her cruise though so she may not have known.  :sneaky:

Better find something to auction, can we auction the cats?  :naughty:  Only joking!  :rofl: 

Coventry Cat Group

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
The Chatting about the Auction is now open and you should also be able see the instructions for how it all works, please do not start any new threads in the Auction Board and only post as much as you like on the chatting thread  ;D

I will go and post again on the chatting thread  so you all get the link if you read all unread posts LOL

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Not if others get there last LOL

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Just to add the Mugs are Mine :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
A shameless bump for a very good cause  :naughty:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Re: ***Important announcement*** Purrs members being sent to Coventry
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »
Oooh I can't wait!!!

I will definitely be doing some of this  :Oi: :duel: :boxer:

to ensure I get some of these  :win bid:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 19:51:37 PM »
I'm so pleased about this.  ;D  I was wondering only the other day why Angie and her group have never benefitted from the auction and now they're going to.

Just off to rummage about for some things to contribute to the proceedings.  :shify:

Can't wait for the fun to start   :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 23:31:22 PM »
I like that kind of being sent to Coventry.  ;)

All our rescues on here are worthy of the money and it's nice that they get help from us every month with the Save a Life Draw too.

We all know our money will go to saving so many kittens/cats.

Got all my stuff ready to go on the Auction site and can't wait to have another fun time.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 14:31:12 PM »
Thank you so much folks for your support,  :Luv2: It is very heart warming to think you have chosen us to raise money for.

Lottie and William are just two of the many kittens and cats were are currently caring for. Like Mog, they are "special needs cats looking for extra-special homes". Dont let their cuteness decieve, they are probably plotting more mischief! :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 14:32:46 PM by LilyandGary, Reason: add photo »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 13:27:54 PM »
 :wooooo: Auction time  :wow:

Yet again another fantastic cause for the much needed dosh to go to - Coventry Cat Group represented on Purrs by Angie (covcats), Madasacatter, Karen-covcats, Nicky, Lily & Gary, Bren22... Apologies if I've missed anyone  :shy:

http://www.coventrycatgroup.org.uk/

I really hope we can do as well as previous years, every year I worry that the auction won't do well as it's tight money-wise for so many people nowadays - yet every year I'm gobsmacked at the generosity of Purrs members so have everything crossed we can do it again this year!

:crossed:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 14:02:30 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »
Well we are up and rolling towards the start again and it just doesnt seem a year ago that we were doing this last!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope in the hard times that every one is having we can raise loads of money and you all will put up for auction as much as possible.

It doesnt have to be cat related, although that helps  :rofl: :rofl: but non-cat things will often go better if a cat related lie  :innocent: can be made up for the post  :shocked:

Purrs members have never let us down at auction time and there are so many little kitties that need help and Angie does such a great job in Coventry.............I mean with Coventry Cat Group cos she is never sent to Coventry...........I will get me coat  :rofl: :rofl:

Soooooooooooooooooo get on your marks, get ready for GOOOOOOOOOOO on 20 November  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
Congrats to Cov cats and Angie check out your Kindle for some words :rofl:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I for one am really looking forward to the auction and hope we raise lots of money for Covcats  :) 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 11:12:55 AM »
Yeayyy! The auction.... *opens purse and a moth flies out*  ;) Hope lots of money is raised for this worthy cause!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
hope we manage to exceed last years total for you!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:40:46 AM »
Congrats to Cov cats and Angie check out your Kindle for some words :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 10:33:44 AM »
We are honoured and delighted - thank you all very much. Words fail me at present.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
I for one am highly delighted that Coventry cat group has been chosen. Angie and her group work tirelessly with needy kitties all year round, no easy task so lets do our bit and all get behind Coventry and give full support.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
***Important announcement***

Now what do you think this could be about? The weather? The state of the economy? What I'm having for dinner?

Nope, it's none of the above  :naughty:

It is of course the official Purrs Christmas Auction 2011 (TM)  :wow:

Now if you haven't been around for a Purrs auction before you simply haven't lived  :evillaugh: All members, new and old alike are welcome to join in.

You can be a buyer, donate items to the auction or both! We have lots of items donated from commercial companies and hope that, as in previous years, we will also have items donated by our very own members.

It's really simple, if you have stuff at home that you no longer have use for or perhaps were unwanted gifts that you think other like minded Purrs members may like to bid on then please consider donating it to the Purrs Xmas Auction to raise funds for cat rescue :wish: Being a cat forum then cat stuff tends to go really well but it's not restricted to cat items, anything goes!

We do ask that members who are kind enough to donate items also cover the postage to send the items to the winners (once they've paid the dosh to Purrs), the best bit about this is that the winners pay the postage cost as well which means that the chosen rescue gets the money from the sale of the item AND the postage!

Here's an example of an auction thread from last year - just to give you an idea of how it works in practise.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,35372

Would you believe we raised £1801.73 last year?  :wow: Would be simply amazing to get close to that figure again :wish:

Dates for your diaries: Begins Sunday 20th November, finishes Sunday 4th December  ;D

As to the chosen rescue this year?

***Drumroll please***

It is...

[spoiler]Coventry Cat Group  :wow:  :cheer: :yayyy: :chicken: :narna dance:[/spoiler]

Full details of how the Auction works will be posted under a new Auction 2011 thread (under the fundraising section) including a thread for all ya questions & chattin about it soon. Will post a link to it as soon as it's up.

So hunnies take a look in all your nooks , Crannies and under ya Grannies for those items that you can put into the Auction!  ;D The more items we get the more we can make for the darlin needy cats at Cov Cats  ;D

Everyone is very very welcome to join in, the more the merrier and the more we raise  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 19:37:17 PM by Tiggy's Mum, Reason: TO ADD XMAS AUCTION INTO TITLE »

Link to CatChat