Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1841 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 23:39:21 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Gill x I shall vote for you on fb  ;D
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 09:24:07 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Gill
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 17:27:56 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Gill - always good to have more rescue representatives on board  :) Can't believe you haven't succumbed to the charms of a cat yet though  :Crazy: Do you have dogs of your own at the moment? We love all animals here on Purrs so would love to hear a bit about them if you do  :)

I've already voted for you on FB but here's the info from another post for anyone that hasn't voted - it's sooooo close and with such a fantastic donation available every vote really does count :crossed:

Ooh Kerrie, if you're on Facebook you can certainly help us!  I volunteer at Shropshire Cat Rescue and we are currently facing a public vote on Facebook as a charity of the month.  The charity with the highest number of votes by 6 November will receive a donation of a massive £5000, which we desperately need!

Details can be found on our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/shropshirecatrescue  - to vote you will need to visit the Feel Good Park page then click on the 'vote for a charity' link on the left hand side.   If all you can see is a blue facebook logo click on that as the app needs your permission to interact with your Facebook account so that the votes can register.  Once you've given your permissions simply click on the grey dot by Shropshire Cat Rescue so that  it turns pink, then submit! 

We are currently in the lead, but only just, so every vote counts!  If you could also encourage your friends and family to vote by sharing the page that would be wonderful!!

This year we have seen an unprecedented number of unwanted cats and kittens and £5000 would go a  long long way to help with the food and veterinary costs which have rocketed

If you can vote, please do, it would be *hugely* appreciated

Gill

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 13:33:52 PM »
Gill and  :welcome: to Purrs, very friendly here lots of helpful advice and plenty of pics of all the furbabies on here.

Denise
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Gill SCR

• Kitten
    • Shropshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 13:10:28 PM »
Thank you Sam!  We just dropped into second place so every vote counts!

;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 12:36:06 PM »
Hi Gill,

So pleased you've joined us (we were emailing last night :) ).   I have started a thread for you here:   http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,39357.0.html

Sam
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill SCR

• Kitten
    • Shropshire Cat Rescue
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »
Hi!  I'm Gill and I'm a volunteer in the office at Shropshire Cat Rescue, for my sins!  My role is office based and before I started I had no idea just how bad the problem is with unwanted cats and kittens.  Like all rescues we are inundated with calls from people needing to rehome cats for whatever reason and it is heartbreaking that we cannot accommodate them all  :(

Oddly, I don't have cats myself, and never have done - I'm a dog person  :)

We are currently facing a public vote on Facebook to try for a donation of £5000 - so my next post is going to be a plea for support  ;D

Good to meet you all!

Gill

Link to CatChat