Author Topic: Arthur - Homed  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Arthur - Homed
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 20:18:13 PM »
 :Luv: aww that's lovely news, will move this now  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 17:31:33 PM »
Thats just great  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 16:55:35 PM »
Fantastic news, what a lucky boy  :)

So many of the volunteers have been hoping for the best for Arthur so as he left I think his new owners were a little alarmed as a semicircle of people surrounded their car with wet eyes and stupid grins!

Love it!  :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 16:50:04 PM »
Oh how wonderful. Well done you.  :hug: :hug:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
Arthur went to his new home and we have heard from them that he has settled in well.  ;D
So many of the volunteers have been hoping for the best for Arthur so as he left I think his new owners were a little alarmed as a semicircle of people surrounded their car with wet eyes and stupid grins!
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
Re: Arthur - Deaf cat looking for an indoor home
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 16:25:43 PM »
He is lovely :Luv: I came in today and he was out in a pen as he is ready to be re-homed and I approached him a little cautiously to take a photo but after a couple of meows he was rubbing his head all around me and delighted to have some fuss and attention. Most of the photos I tried to take were like the first one as he kept trying to rub his head on my camera hand. he finally sat still for his new photo. Such a difference to his catchat photo of the scared cat that arrived here.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 18:30:11 PM »
What a lovely boy  :Luv2: Fingers crossed that speacial home is out there for him  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 15:51:07 PM »
 :Luv: aww what a lovely lad he is, best of luck for Arthur!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
Arthur - Homed
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 15:43:17 PM »
Arthur is a deaf white cat who came to Haworth Cat Rescue as a feral. We couldn't home him as a feral (ie to a farm or stables) because his deafness makes him very vulnerable to outside dangers so he needs an indoor only home. He wasn't taming up at all in one of our pens as he was always startled by anyone turning up and could be agressive when frightened. We put him inside in a cage for some intensive taming work! HCR has a couple of people who have a lot of experience of taming ferals but it took a long time for Arthur to respond. He is now ready to be rehomed and he is a lovely cat, he often comes to visit us on our lunchbreak and looks like a completly different cat! He is really sociable to other cats and has made friends with most of the cats and kittens that he has encountered (those that are willing to!). He would need a patient new owner as he is likely to take a step backwards when he is re-homed into a new environment but anyone who is willing to spend the time with him will end up with a very sweet companion.

Arthur's page on catchat http://www.catchat.org/haworth/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2011100406
We should really get a new photo of him as the splendid odd-eyed white ghost cat he has become.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:35:05 PM by SamMewl »

Link to CatChat