Author Topic: Found - sadly passed away - adult black & white cat - Hospital Lane, Hellesdon, Norwich  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
What a shame, hopefully they will eventually report him/her being missing to the chip company who I guess will have recorded the fact that they were found and taken to the vets.

When I moved house the last thing I did before turning the laptop off was amend the boys' chip info online  :shy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Very sad but easy to forget to update the details.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
UPDATE:

I called the vets this morning to see if the owners had collected their cat, but unfortunately the details were not up to date so no owner has come forward for this little cat  :'(

They said that the cat will be cremated and it's ashes spread in woodland (which I thought was actually a really nice thing) this week.

So if you happen to know anyone in the Hellesdon area with a black & white "splodge" patterned cat or see any Lost posters in the Hellesdon area near the ambulance station please tell them to contact Willow Vet surgery in Hellesdon asap.

I think this is a good example of keeping your chip details up to date - I'm sure all of ours are but am going to check tonight!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
So pleased you and other driver stopped to help and so very hard  :hug: :hug:

RIP Black and White  Cat, play hard on the Bridge cos you were loved

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Oh bless you and the other driver wo cared enough to stop and help this poor little soul.   :hug:

RIP Little kitty .. play hard at the bridge.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
It must be awful to lose a cat to the road but I know if it were me in that horrible situation I would take comfort from knowing that someone cared enough to move him off the road and be there for him, even if he had already passed :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :( Poor little puss

RIP xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
That must have been so upsetting for you  :hug: but you did your best and I'm sure the cat's owners will be grateful that their pet was in caring hands at the end.  :'(

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Driving home on Hospital lane, Hellesdon, Norwich (near Ambulance station at 5.20pm) came across black and white adult cat (splodge pattern) lying in road.

My husband pulled over as did another kind person. He said he had seen it happen 3 cars ahead of him. He gave us a box and we took cat straight away to Willow vet in Hellesdon (01603 411520). Everything happened so fast and it was less than 10 minutes in total but unfortunately vets told us that the cat had passed away and they believe it was instant.

They said the cat was chipped so I assume the company will call the owners, but wanted to post on here and have also posted on Animalsearchuk.co.uk.

My husband and I did everything we could, but the poor cat passed away, I gave the cat strokes as we were going to the vets so it's spirit wasnt alone.

Link to CatChat