Author Topic: has anyone used this??? Pet remedy diffuser?  (Read 11930 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: has anyone used this??? Pet remedy diffuser?
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 20:01:34 PM »
That's handy to know  :thanks: I think I'm going to stick with Feliway due to the fact that a) it works for my cats and b) I'm worried about the smell of the pet remedy. I know you said you don't notice it anymore but I would imagine it's still there, just that your sense of smell has become accustomed to it. As I have a Feliway plugged in permanently I'd be worried about the smell building up!

Offline sCATty

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Athena, Chi and Hector
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 17:52:12 PM »
Well, I've mine pet remedy plugged in now for a couple of weeks and I cant say I've noticed anything drastic. The cats don't even seem to have noticed it, certainly no sniffing the diffuser from my lot (having said that they could be having big diffuser sniffing parties while I'm not looking, you know what cats are like  :shify: ) One thing I have noticed is that Athena has been sleeping on the dining chairs again (diffuser is in the dining room/kitchen) which is something she stopped doing when Hector arrived and the cats generally seem slightly calmer. So that's a good sign. Also I don't really notice the smell any more, which is another plus.
All in all I've seen better results than with feliway which did nothing at all, so I'm going to keep using it for now.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 17:58:46 PM »
Let us know what you think Cazzer  ;D

For any Feliway users that don't already know of this site... £11 for refills and £16 for diffuser + vials = bargainous!

http://www.medicines4pets.co.uk/shop/feliway-diffuser-refill.html

http://www.medicines4pets.co.uk/shop/feliway-diffuser.html

Woah that's cheap!! Thanks for sharing.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 10:54:37 AM »
They look a little cheaper that Feliway too.... :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 20:56:48 PM »
I await pictorial evidence of the effect it has on your cats  :naughty: (yes, a sneaky way to see your gorgeous gang I admit  :naughty: )

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 20:43:05 PM »
well got my two today and have plugged them in.       They smell nothing like the valerian toys that I have bought in the past and actually smell quite pleasant.      My OH thinks the same.        The cats have all made a beeline for them to have a smell.     Will see what we think over the next few days!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 21:25:23 PM »
I shopped around and found somewhere that sells Feliway refills £11 and free delivery. :)

I like valerian.... :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 17:19:21 PM »
Think I'll stick wwith Feliway the way you described the smell of the new one  :evillaugh:

I usually get my feliway from animeddirect.co.uk they have the diffuser and bottle for £17.60 and the refill for £11 and they do free delivery on all orders, pretty quick service too in my experience.

That's a fab price for refills with free delibery on all orders  :wow: I have a supply already as I bought a box of 12 US Feliway refills from ebay.com (rather than .co.uk) but when I was hunting around before I ordered them I couldn't find them any less than £15 delivered!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 13:41:50 PM »
It does smell a bit strange, though not horrible strange just a little like some kind of earthy aftershave and something else a bit feety underneath.

Its got valerian in it hasnt it? that'll be the strange smell, valerian is quite pungent. I've got some valerian cat toys that Helen sent me, and I also tried one with my cats who loved it - but, I have to put it away in a bag in a cupboard when they arent playing with it, cos of the smell  :evillaugh: Certainly wouldnt want that smell constantly being wafted round the room from a diffuser  :sick:

Offline sCATty

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Athena, Chi and Hector
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
That's funny I also ordered one at the weekend  :Crazy: It arrived this morning, I've only just plugged it in so can't really tell if it works yet I'll report back later.

It does smell a bit strange, though not horrible strange just a little like some kind of earthy aftershave and something else a bit feety underneath. Still, its better than that kitten poo smell  :sick: we've got going on at the moment so that has to be a good thing!  :wow:

Also I noticed the bottle will fit into the round feliway plugs so if anyone had one and wanted to try it out cheaper then you could get the refills, I've seen them £10 for two on ebay inc delivery.

I usually get my feliway from animeddirect.co.uk they have the diffuser and bottle for £17.60 and the refill for £11 and they do free delivery on all orders, pretty quick service too in my experience.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:34:56 PM by sCATty »

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 08:31:32 AM »
 :wow: Wow, that's such a good price!
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 22:41:44 PM »
Freed delivery on that, Helen?

Only when you spend over £25, it's £2.40 otherwise. If you can afford to get a couple at once it's a great price. Even with p&p they're still cheaper than most well known vet med sites  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 22:38:36 PM »
Freed delivery on that, Helen?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 21:39:15 PM »
Let us know what you think Cazzer  ;D

For any Feliway users that don't already know of this site... £11 for refills and £16 for diffuser + vials = bargainous!

http://www.medicines4pets.co.uk/shop/feliway-diffuser-refill.html

http://www.medicines4pets.co.uk/shop/feliway-diffuser.html

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 19:35:01 PM »
I've heard good reports about it and actually ordered some over the weekend.       What with new cat Loki and bonfire night I thought I'd give it ago once the feliway ran out!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 19:27:28 PM »
A couple of the girls on another forum use it and say its as good as feliway, but it has a smell to it, some might not like initially. But it wears off after a week or so.

Nicky

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge

Link to CatChat