Author Topic: neutering and rehoming  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: neutering and rehoming
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 23:50:57 PM »
Yes, I agree with Gill, I'd wait till next week, better for them to recover fully somewhere they know I think - too much happening all at once for them otherwise. My kittens were neutered last Wed and they go to their new home tomorrow. They were very bouncy after they came home from their op  - but the following day were a bit quiet and one or both of them were sick, and I had to pop them back to the vets, so I was glad they were still with me for my peace of mind.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: neutering and rehoming
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 23:11:48 PM »
I would wait till next week, I think.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
neutering and rehoming
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 22:53:42 PM »
Not sure if I've picked the right section to post this in.  Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts / advice about this.

I took in 4 kits and their mum for foster at the end of June - kits would  have been about 6-8 weeks old then.  Trapped living rough in a garden - very timid.  They gradually came round and 3 of them lots more confident, one (robin) still quite timid.  Mum was rehomed weeks ago.  Someone came to meet them a couple of weeks ago and agreed to adopt two of them.  They were neutered on Tuesday and went off to live with her this afternoon.   I booked the other two boys in to be neutered today.  Another lovely woman came to meet them last night and would like to adopt them, and I think would like them as soon as possible. though theres no real rush.  They've been neutered today and all well other than ear mites which vet gave stronghold for. 

should I
a) say they can go to their new home tomorrow - so they can have remains of weekend with their new human before she goes to work on monday
b) say they stay here until thursday evening - their new human will be off work friday and the weekend

not sure if its best to have trauma of vets and neuterting then wait a while before trauma of rehoming, or just to go for it all straight away.

would appreciate any advice or thoughts about it.

Link to CatChat