Author Topic: New Home Needed For Two Kittens..  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
Re: New Home Needed For Two Kittens..
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 16:46:11 PM »
Where are you located?
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 13:04:20 PM »
Sorry all sorted now.

Nat the reply button is on the top line of the topic.
Tan
xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 11:06:35 AM »
Very strange my message gone and somehow you have even managed to amend what I put in my posting list.
Quite simply there are far too many cats and just not enough caring homes. It’s all very well saying Oh! I always get good homes for my cats kittens, if that is the case why are we always so full and have a huge list of cats waiting to come in and where are all the tens of thousands of cats/kittens that Cats Protection take in each year coming from? And why are tens of thousands more put to sleep each year? Sadly most of them come from those so-called good homes.

don't want to give them up to a rescue, because I would personally like to know they're going to a good home,

That is not exactly what I put in my original posting as you know I started it with something like 'quite the opposite is true in reality'. If someone rings us (Chesterfield Cats Protection) I vet people over the phone, then if I think they are worthy of one of our little ones a home visitor goes to see them, then if everything is OK the prospective owner goes to see the cats, and if one is chooses it is then taken to its new home. 4 – 6 weeks later they have another visit.

We in Chesterfield would always keep cats together that love each other, however you would need to discuss that with who ever take them in.

Also we in Chesterfield do not like to Direct home cats, as we like to monitor their temperament, ensure they are microchipped, injected and flead and wormed. We uses to direct home in the past however it caused more trouble than you can imagine. People not quite saying the cats true temperaments, full of fleas/ worms etc when home. this would give us a bad name. So now we always take cats in first. Some branches I understand will direct home.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline natatat

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:33:39 AM »
I don't know what's happened!  I seem to have gone over your message and created it into my own!  I couldn't see a "reply" so I pressed "modify" instead.  Oops.  Sorry about that.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »
Yes they are neutered & vaccinated.

Is there anyway that I could get the help of a rescue, but keep the cat's with me until a suitable home is found?  And am I allowed to specify that I want the cat's re-homed together?  That would have to be a condition for me, as they love each other so, and I'm not prepared to allow them to lose their home and each other.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:32:40 AM by natatat »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline natatat

• Kitten
New Home Needed For Two Kittens..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 09:32:54 AM »
Hello, I'm new here and am basically just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I have two male kittens, who are 7 month's old and brothers from the same litter.  I have had them since they were 8 weeks, but after much soul searching, I have made the decision to re-home them.  I love them to bits, and don't want to re-home them, but it really is the only option.  I also have an 8 month old German Shepherd and a 5 year old cat.  The dog chases the kittens obsessively, and tries playfully chewing them when he gets hold of them.  One of them strangely allows it, but the other hates it and is now clearly scared of the dog.  I take the dog to training, and have tried everything I can to get him to leave the kittens, but he doesn't.  It's got to the point now where the dog and the kittens are having to be separated, which means that all of them are having a pretty miserable life.  If I'm honest, I'd rather re-home the dog, but my children are more attached to the dog than the kittens, so it's a case of trying to do whatever I can to keep everyone else happy, whether I end up happy or not.

I'll tell you about them.  Tom is a fluffy and chubby tabby, he has the most gorgeous face and could well be the face on a tin of cat food.  He's so loving and never ever shows his claws.  He loves cuddling, and is very soft in nature (he's the one who allows the dog to chew him).  Jels is all black and shorthaired, and much smaller than Tom.  He is just as loving as Tom, but more likely to put his claws out in defence.

I don't want to give them up to a rescue, because I would personally like to know they're going to a good home, and not going to be stuck in a cage for weeks on end.  I don't want to advertise locally, because I just simply don't know who I'm going to get responding if I do a "free" ad, but I don't want any money for them.  I'm just lost basically, I don't know where to turn and what to do.

Link to CatChat