Author Topic: FOUND!! Young Female Missing In Huddersfield, West Yorks  (Read 5568 times)

Offline Lauryn

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Belle, Malcolm & Hal
Re: FOUND!! Young Female Missing In Huddersfield, West Yorks
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
I don't quite understand, either. As I say, she was out Sunday and it would have been quite normal for her to come back in the early hours of Monday. Ideally, I'd like them out less time, but it's just the way they are. They're young and have stuff to do!  :Crazy:

My hope was that the chip company would contact me as well as the vet, but clearly neither had. When I got to the vets, they showed me my details on a piece of paper and they were all correct - both address and telephone number. The chip company told me that she'd been reported missing by them, but clearly had got no further. Given that she was probably taking up valuable space, etc. I'm surprised they didn't try harder to contact me.

I am embarrassed about how polite I was about it all, but I guess it's done now. She's home and I'll know to check with the chip company earlier now.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 22:46:30 PM »
I don't understand this  :-:.  How does it work with the microchip company?  I assumed that if a vet takes in a found cat, he/she scans the cat for microchip which will then give contact info so the vet can telephone slave to come and collect.  Is that not right?  Perhaps your contact info not up to date? 

What I'm getting at is, why on earth did vet not contact you?  I would be ................. (I'll be polite) LIVID and would write a letter of complaint to the practice concerned at the very least  >:(

Absolutely delighted for you both that she is home safe and sound  :) :) :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 20:06:30 PM »
  ;D Great news!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 13:39:22 PM »
Sp pleased she is back  ;D

Offline Lauryn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 13:17:48 PM »
They're about a 10 minute walk away. It's really strange. From what I can work out, she was taken in pretty much as soon as she went out for a play.

Like I've said, she's a very outdoor cat due to the life she had before she came to me, so I only really began to worry yesterday morning. By yesterday afternoon I was in full panic mode. Haven't slept a wink worrying about her.

I'm so happy she's safe, but at the same time really annoyed with the vets. When I saw her I told her how worried I'd been and the nurse just gave me a sour look and said 'she's been here since Sunday'. As if I didn't care about her.

And this is why I travel past 3 different vets to a vet on the other side of town for my animals...  >:(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »
Fantastic news!  :wow:

Was the vets very far away? Seems quite early for someone to have taken a 'found' cat to the vets, seeing as she had been gone since Sunday and they had her since Sunday?

Anyway, I guess the main thing is that she is home safe and sound  :hug:

Offline Lauryn

• Adult Cat
Re: Young Female Missing In Huddersfield, West Yorks FOUND
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »
Reported her missing officially with microchipping company this morning. Found safe and well at a local vets. Cried like an Oscar winner when I got my hands on her. Unfortunately, the vets neglected to tell me they had her since Sunday, despite having my contact details. Annoying, but so glad she is safe.

Offline Lauryn

• Adult Cat
Re: Young Female Missing In Huddersfield, West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 23:33:33 PM »
She went for a walk yesterday morning with me, went off to do her own thing and hasn't been seen since. I don't normally worry too much if she's been out for about 12 hours. She used to live outside, so does tend to wander a bit, but she'd have been back by this morning at least.

Will certainly check outbuildings, thanks for the advice. Have circled the area and all streets several times. Posters are due to go up in the morning if nothing is resolved by then and will look through that list. There are a few things I hadn't thought of.

Thanks very much.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Young Female Missing In Huddersfield, West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 23:20:36 PM »
She's beautiful  :hug:

Have you seen the hints/tips here? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

When did she go missing, the weather here has been glorius so lots of sheds/garages open - definitely worh going round the nearby streets asking people to check their sheds/garages while you wait.

Offline Lauryn

• Adult Cat
FOUND!! Young Female Missing In Huddersfield, West Yorks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 23:14:14 PM »
Hi all,

My cat Dave is missing from the HD5 area of Huddersfield. I'm missing her and very worried.

She is microchipped and has a tag with her name on it. She is a small cat and around one year old.

Please contact me if you are able to help.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:30:14 PM by Lauryn »

Link to CatChat