Author Topic: Please can you help -this cat will be PTS on Tuesday otherwise. Please read -thankyou  (Read 11479 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Thankyou so much everyone.

Unfortunately someone has used another site (cat chat and animal lifeline) neither of which i am a member of -and made it look like Chapel-house is a dubious rescue or has a dubious reputation as they say there is not  enough information on there and why is the cat at a vet and not the rescue and other stuff.

Can i say -that Chery Ann has run this rescue for as long as i have known her -around 10-12 years . I have been to the place 3 times -once when i picked up Bungly .

The rescue has nothing dubious about it -she does a lot of fund raising for cats at vets, cats whose owners are elderly and/or cannot afford big vet bills . She uses her website this way to raise the funds and so people can see how much is donated and paypal is a easy way to do it too.
There is also an appeal running for cats in Eygpt -these will not be coming in to the rescue either as they can only be transported to the USA . This is not stopping them raising the money though .

I thought better of this person as she is also involved in rescue and raising funds too . Its put Chery Ann off registering on any forums now and i had emailed her saying it was a good way to introduce her rescue -but i dont think she will join any now ,whcih is a great shame .

Please still donate if you want to -i can vouch there is  nothing dubious about this .
The cat is in the vets care and the rescue is just raising the funds for the treatment -i have no idea if the cat will eventually end up in the rescue until she has been treated and on the road to recovery . 
Its so sad, that someone has written this on other forums and i dont know if it can be taken off as it could easily damage the reputation of a good rescue .

Cheryl -Ann is overwhelmed and so grateful for the donations from people on here and sends her gratitude to you all.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 19:49:52 PM by bunglycat, Reason: added to . »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: I've also donated.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
I've donated

Poor little mite - that photo :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
God I can't bear this - still £85 short.

I've sent another bit - will sacrifice my starbucks coffees this week for her.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
lets hope money is enough to save her, she is in a terrible state poor thing

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Now £520  ;D

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Now at £515 - nearly there  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
I would imagine that would be fine.
I would have to email for the vets details though as I don't know which vet she is at.
Thanks

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Bunglycat, can people donate direct to the vet? We might raise more that way as some people may not be comfortable donating to the rescue itself.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
not sure if the total is up to date, I hope enough has been raised to stop the pts

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
poor little thing, I struggled a bit with the donate bit, probably me, will send a cheque if necessary

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Just looked at the website and it says £435 at the moment.  I'm sure the target will be met.

Dawn the story is on the Donate part of website - I've copied and pasted for you:

"Miel" is a 5 year old white chinchilla that was found in Brighton with serious facial, spinal and pelvic injuries after falling from a high-rise balcony; she may also have been hit by a car. It is appalling that any responsible owner would even think to allow a cat onto a balcony when they are at some height, and this cat has already had an earlier fall from the same place.

This pet has now been given up by the owner and is in veterinary care for the foreseeable future. We have been asked to raise funds for Miel's recovery as well as contributing towards the significant costs of her initial spinal and pelvic evaluations and surgery.

We are told she is a very sweet natured chinny who was already known to the vet and has been in great pain, yet has fought on despite it all. Sadly it is not known whether Miel will regain a quality of life sufficient to avoid euthanasia, but we agree with the vet that as she is tolerating treatment and responding well to being hospitalised, we must try for her.

It is a large target we have set for this case but £200 has already been given by the rescue towards the first surgery and the other £400 will fund kennel time and nursing for several weeks while we see if she recovers sufficiently. This is a difficult case to fund, we know, but if we don't do it simply because we don't know if she will pull through, then the vets will not be able to fund the care either. We need to be able to tell the vets what is happening with the funding by end of the forthcoming weekend. If we close the appeal due to lack of support, funds contributed will be returned to donors.

Photos of Miel cannot be published because of the sensitivity of the case, but if she pulls through we will be asked to find a foster home for her.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:54:16 AM by Janeyk »
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
will do something later from home - what on earth has happened to her, she looks wrecked?

(lovely to see you Mark!)

and well done Gill, this is the sort of thing that brings out the best in purrs!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I think there are more to go on as Cheryl-Anne is updating manually - fingers crossed. I'm sure if the amount is close they will wait for more donations to come in. I'm sure we could find another few £ :)

PS - Sorry Helen - I didn't see you had already mentioned Gill's Thank You.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Thankyou again everyone -this is now looking good -this morning the total donations were one ! £10 !!  Now almost on target thanks to purrs peeps yet again  :hug: :hug: da best :grouphug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Donated.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Thanks Mark .
As i said , i do know this rescue and got Bungly -RIP from Cheryl-Ann.
She is also raising funds to get cats out of Egypt to safety in the USA . WE have got 2 out already and working on the next 2.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
I have cross posted on Animal Lifeline UK. I see it is also cross posted on CC.  Crossing fingers and toes we raise enough to save this little one.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I see there is a special thank you on there to you Gill :)

"Special "Thank You" too, to Gill Williams of Lincs, UK and to the forum purrsinourhearts.co.uk.....

Gill, you are a fantastic supporter and we thank you for saving Miel by flagging up this issue in so many places and on purrsinourhearts.co.uk....from which most of the funds we've been receiving, have arrived tonight.

We have emailed every donor individually but we need to say a big thank you too, to purrsinourhearts...and to all their supporters who have been behind us in this campaign.

This cat would not make it without this show of support."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 22:46:54 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Nearly there, just a few more donations ,thank you so much everyone, am in tears now, I am sure we will save her  :hug: :hug: :hug: for everyone.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
They're up to £375 now  ;D Have everything crossed she can be given the chance she desrves :crossed:

They've added an update - Gill is our Bunglycat  :)

A Big Thank You...

Special "Thank You" too, to Gill Williams of Lincs, UK and to the forum purrsinourhearts.co.uk.....

Gill, you are a fantastic supporter and we thank you for saving Miel by flagging up this issue in so many places and on purrsinourhearts.co.uk....from which most of the funds we've been receiving, have arrived tonight.

We have emailed every donor individually but we need to say a big thank you too, to purrsinourhearts...and to all their supporters who have been behind us in this campaign.

This cat would not make it without this show of support.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Share the love  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Please, she needs a few more fivers!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Aha! Gottim.  :Luv:

Funny what a bit of TLC will achieve.

Another submission to a very worthwhile (and terribly TERRIBLY urgent) cause.

xx
[/color]

You little charmer you  ;)  Well done.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
half way there!!!!!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Aha! Gottim.  :Luv:

Funny what a bit of TLC will achieve.

Another submission to a very worthwhile (and terribly TERRIBLY urgent) cause.

xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Just emailed 11 friends that might help if they see my email in time.

Mary

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Have donated for this poor cat in Brighton - hope she can continue to be helped  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
They still need £400 !!
I have a competition win I am trying to sell ,if I could sell it ,I would give the money to them..
It's a night in a 5 star hotel with dinner bed and breakfast ,with a top chef for 2 people,it's worth £350 but it's not far from me ,so a long way for a lot of people.
I just hope she can be saved now .
Thanks again.,this the best website ever , everyone is so kind. :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
I've just donated Gill.  The poor little darling deserves to be saved and loved for a long long time.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
OH just got home from visiting his sick dad, in a generous mood...am working on him... ;D

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Can I just say thank you so very much for all the donations ,I am sure Cheryl will be over the moon .
I really hope they keep coming as the vet needs to know tomorrow!
I have been to this rescue myself 3 times and assure you all it is well run and all cats very well looked after, I got Bungly from there too .
I am so grateful for this website and honored to be a member,thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
OH donated using my Paypal account, saying 'poor kitty'  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Donated, can't believe the state she is in - really hope they can save her :(

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
me too.     Using OH's account.   Poor little lamb x
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 20:12:33 PM by cazzer »
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Donated. What this poor little one has gone through, I do hope they can save her.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Me too. And I've sent a cheeky e-mail to Simon Cowell's website - one never knows  :Crazy:  :-[

Good luck little Miel - don't let this be her last weekend on earth.  :'(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Donated

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi Bunglycat, I'm not sure so will check in case Tan needs to approve this  :hug:

We do have to post the following though as it's not a Purrs appeal:

It is up to the individual member to donate their money to a donation or fund request and Purrs advices strongly to carry out full checks that funds would be used for the stated Purpose.
Purrs cannot be held responsible for members private donations to a request that is not an Official Purrs fundraisier or collection.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 16:25:26 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
Please remove if i shouldn''t have posted this on here -BUT i was so upset when i saw this and if  i can get some donations sent to save this poor cat i will have at least tried myself .
Its on chapelhouse persian rescue site
http://www.chapelhouse-persians.co.uk

Funds are needed for treatment of a badly injured cat at a vet practice -- the cat, we are advised, will be put to sleep this Tuesday if we do not generate the funds we said we would raise. It isn't a threat by the vet practice so please, sending us a barrage of 'how can they do that' type emails will not help as all it does is generate more admin for us -- and we cannot criticise the vet for this -- it  is a simple funding reality that affects all vets the same as it affects rescue. They, like us, have done their best but the reality is they cannot carry on without the fees being met.

Sadly our appeal which has run for about a week has generated only £10 and we need £600.
Of course we cannot save all animals and this case is 'touch and go' anyway so this may be why people are not giving to it. But a decision needs to be made tomorrow about whether the vet can afford to carry on caring for this seriously injured Persian. See our Donate page to locate the appeal for 'Miel'.

Cannot Afford a Donation?

Not everyone can afford to donate to 'good causes' and in that case (or even if you do also donate!) can we please ask that if you are shopping for any items for your home and family, you join 'easyfundraising.org.uk' and support our Rescue each time you shop?

Because that way, you are giving, a real sum....and it costs you nothing to do it...and it stops us begging and cajoling for income which is demeaning and demotivating... :(

We know you think this will be a faff! I thought to too (says Rescue Manager) but it ISN'T! It is easy and effective, in fact it is THE single most effective fundraising initiative we have ever seen!

A large number of retailers supports non-profits via easyfundraising.org and it is extremely simple and effective.

In fact ONE supporter has generated around £50 of income for us in just two weeks....

All you have to do is sign up to easyfundraising, choose CPR as your cause of choice, and then every time you shop for something please look to see whether or not an easyfundraising retailer offers that item.

You will be staggered how many retailers are signed up to it and most of what you usually buy will be available through the service.

Just keep going through the easyfundraising.org portal to visit your chosen retailers and those retailers will give a % of the sale to the Rescue.

I cannot over-emphasise how quick and easy it is, and you get the satisfaction of seeing that you have achieved real income for your non-profit. It is not at all onerous or fiddly.

We are sure that if even 30 people regularly did their household shop through easyfundraising, our days of begging for funds would be over, and we could spend our time telling you about the good work achieved instead of trying to raise funding.

Please, please do it?

Link to CatChat