Author Topic: FOUND 2.5 years later! black/white cat in Redhill, Nottingham  (Read 75679 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lost black/white cat in Redhill, Nottingham
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2011, 19:58:00 PM »
Asking anyone who has a sighting to put food out (you could offer to leave them some) and to take a pic may be a good idea  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2011, 16:15:34 PM »
This may sound really silly as I obviously don't 'know' him or you but I was convinced when you first posted that you WILL get him back, my feelings haven't changed it just seems to be taking a lot longer than you'd hoped  :hug:

Is the multiple poster/one large poster in the car at a supermarket thing not an option at the moment? That would really spread the word - especially to non cat people  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2011, 14:15:23 PM »
I am sure he is alive and has found a safe home as he got himself so lost.........not that this is any concilation for you  :hug: :hug:

Maybe one day he will just walk through the door.

I am sure him  not being in his own house when he went missing and you having moved so recently just made him confused and maybe he didnt want to go back to your mothers house for some reason, maybe he was looking for you.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »
Well I still believe in my heart that he is alive... someone, somewhere is feeding him. I'm going to drive round that estate again very soon. Possibly today on my lunch break. Not a good time to see any cats though really. I've always noticed you see far more cats out on streets at 4-5pm.
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
must be such a roller coaster for you Elle

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2011, 12:00:48 PM »
Another phonecall from a lady on the estate opposite my paretns (the estate I discounted cos there is a similar cat with a black face and red collar living there) and she reckons my cat is there... and that this one she saw at 7am this morning has definitely got a white face, NOT a black face... she didn't notice any collar. But she says this one looks just like the photo she has on the leaflet.
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2011, 23:04:23 PM »
This is what got me thinking about chilwell.. i used to live there akthough he never did. its 9 miles.from my parents. but yes he is a butter for trying to get into cars!!!
www.catrescue.uk

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2011, 22:56:39 PM »
That's a brilliant pic, you can see exactly what build he is.

Does Billy have a habit of sniffing round cars and vans? I'm always worried about Theo cos he has jumped into visitors cars and delivery vans on several occasions, thank fully he's been spotted each time. Just wondered if this may have happened to Billy and he's in fact further away than you'd expect.

Any deliveries to your Parent's on the day he vanished?

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2011, 22:43:43 PM »
Don't forget he may have been adopted and re-collared by some well meaning (mad) cat person who hasn't had his chip checked, so you can't assume he's still wearing YOUR collar and tag. Still watching...  :hug:

Thanks, that didn't really occur to me actually, don't know why! I don't think there's anything in that sighting now. She hasn't contacted me again, even though I said she can conatct me anytime and I'd be round within 5 minutes usually if she saw the cat. Had no phonecalls from the posters we put up at all and that to me suggests he isn't in that area at all. I have just heard on moneysavingexpert forum that a woman in chilwell thinks she's seen a cat appear in her area... interesting... he could have travelled that far... who knows?

I turned on my old pc today for the first time in months and found some old Billy pictures that are even better than the ones I used on posters. Have the NG5 magzine advert going out soon and need to do the advert so going to use one of these pics I found. Added them to my blog. But this first one is really good I think.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 22:50:34 PM by ♥ Elle ♥ »
www.catrescue.uk

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2011, 18:22:34 PM »
Don't forget he may have been adopted and re-collared by some well meaning (mad) cat person who hasn't had his chip checked, so you can't assume he's still wearing YOUR collar and tag. Still watching...  :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2011, 18:16:09 PM »
But when she said about the collar being faded to almost a pinky colour I thought that strange as it was definitely a strong red collar when I last saw him but I can accept it might have faded a bit. Then she mentioned about it being sparkly... I said no, it's not sparkly, and then she said, speckly then. I said well it wasn't really, it was all one colour, plain but was made out of a weave type material. She didn't seem to know what I meant. I really get the feeling that this lady wants to help but isn't certain about some details if you know what i mean. Almost like when I asked about specifics, she agreed with things I had mentioned about him.

But yes, there's no harm checking the area regularly and loads of posters have gone up round there now so someone else is bound to have seen him if he is really there.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 18:21:41 PM by ♥ Elle ♥ »
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2011, 17:07:50 PM »
The circular disc on the collar of the cat she thinks might be Billy sounds quite distinctive though? Especially as you work closeby there's no harm in checking the area regularly  :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2011, 17:03:41 PM »
She hasn't rang me at all although I went over there yesterday at 3pm and walked around the area again. To be honest, I'm dubious about this sighting now. When we went there the other day and she came out to talk to me and my Dad, her boyfriend came out and shouted down to us all that the cat was up near there house now (we'd all walked a little way down the road whilst she was pointing out a house that fed a lot of cats) and we ran up and there was a long  haired, mostly white cat with black markings stood outside their door. It looked NOTHING like Billy whatsoever, but the lady said to her bf "no it's not that one, the collar is different"

I was a bit surprised that the only feature she noted that was different was the collar... not the fact that this cat looked nothing like Billy... I don't know but if it were me I'd say "no this cat is mostly white" not that the collar was different.... strange...
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2011, 16:56:59 PM »
Has the lady that is feeding this cat seen him again recently?  :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2011, 19:51:24 PM »
Yes there is on coppice road which is very nearby but I did a poster there right at the start as it's Billy's own vet and I work 2 minutes away from it too! The snack shop that the lady saw my poster in is my local work lunch place and the owners became good friends with me and my other half so they have been really good at drawing people's attention to the poster when they are serving them. It's a very busy sandwich shop so ideal really. I suppose it would be strange if Billy is in that estate as it's so close to my workplace and his vets!
www.catrescue.uk

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2011, 19:46:10 PM »
Is there a vet in that area that you could leaflet? Stick his photo on their notice board for instance?

Our local vet has a "lost local pets" photo album in the waiting room which gets lots of attention.

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2011, 19:19:44 PM »
She did say she would try to photograph him but I think she was more convinced that it was him so was adament that she'd try and keep him there whilst I drove round to hers. I hope she manages to get him in her house again and shut the door this time... I could see it would be hard for her though to get to the door without panicking him... I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up as the disappointment if it's not him will be hard to take. I need to get some posters up in that area too, so will do that tomorrow.
www.catrescue.uk

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2011, 18:28:05 PM »
Can she take a photo of him if he turns up again? I've got a good feeling about this. Everything crossed.  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2011, 16:56:37 PM »
I do hope its Billy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2011, 16:43:59 PM »
thank you  :hug: She said the collar looked faded... I suppose it could do if he was outside all the time etc. The red dye could have gone a bit.
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2011, 16:13:04 PM »
This is very encouraging! Normally cats with collars look well fed and clean so the fact this collared cat is looking a bit thin and unkempt could well mean it's a stray and not another look-alike cat with a home... have absolutely everything crossed that it's Billy!  :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2011, 15:56:42 PM »
Just a quickie! New possible sighting - a cat that has been around this ladies area for up to 6 weeks

http://www.findbilly.co.uk/?p=98
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like Boomer might be picking up on your stress  :hug: For us cat lovers a missing cat must be one of the most upsetting and stressful situations going, let alone the fact that you have twin toddlers to look after plus whatever else is going on in your life  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2011, 09:35:05 AM »
Definitely getting the word out will give you more chance of finding Billy, best of luck with other websites and the supermarket :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2011, 07:42:29 AM »
Not been able to do the supermarket thing. Under immense pressure with difficulties in the family. Exhausted most of the time. Billy's brother has been urinating outside the litter tray which is kept clean and changed regularly. He was doing it around the tray and now on my bedroom floor in corner.

Poor Boomer :(
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2011, 20:54:53 PM »
Just noticed the website doesn't have any contact details on, if you're gouing to have the web address on posters/flyers then prob best to add an email address and/or mobile as people might not keep the leaflet but see him a week later and hopefully remember the web address  :hug:

Thanks for spotting that!! I completely forgot   :thanks:
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2011, 20:27:47 PM »
Just noticed the website doesn't have any contact details on, if you're gouing to have the web address on posters/flyers then prob best to add an email address and/or mobile as people might not keep the leaflet but see him a week later and hopefully remember the web address  :hug:

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2011, 20:06:38 PM »
She obviously doesnt care about her cat  :( :(

She makes out she does! But I can't understand her. I've posted online after getting a terrible qaulity picture from her! Still waiting for the post on Animal Search UK to be approved, but not sure why it's taking so long as when I posted about Billy it was immediate.

The website is good, very slick  :hug:

It's great that people are still looking for him, there are so many stories of cats being reunited after weeks, months and even years so son't ever give up hope  :hug:

Hope your sisters cat turns up safe and sound too  :hug:

Thank you for taking a look at it! It's a template from wordpress, they're very good at providing free, nice looking templates now!

Elle, there's a Yahoo Group that also lists lost UK animals - don't be put off by the title, I've used this site before and it really is excellent

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Animal_Rehoming_UK/

You would need to join the group before posting, as with other Yahoo groups, but I figure the more publicity you get, the greater your chance of finding Billy safe and well and living the life of Riley with a dotty old catlady somewhere.

Really good site you've created there, I'd post the link everywhere you can think of, you need it to go "viral" - anyone any ideas about that?

Sorry to hear that your sister's cat has also sloped off. Funny old world  :(

I've joined and posted, many thanks for the link. I will find other places to post too tonight.

xxx
www.catrescue.uk

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2011, 16:51:15 PM »
Elle, there's a Yahoo Group that also lists lost UK animals - don't be put off by the title, I've used this site before and it really is excellent

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Animal_Rehoming_UK/

You would need to join the group before posting, as with other Yahoo groups, but I figure the more publicity you get, the greater your chance of finding Billy safe and well and living the life of Riley with a dotty old catlady somewhere.

Really good site you've created there, I'd post the link everywhere you can think of, you need it to go "viral" - anyone any ideas about that?

Sorry to hear that your sister's cat has also sloped off. Funny old world  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2011, 16:30:20 PM »
The website is good, very slick  :hug:

It's great that people are still looking for him, there are so many stories of cats being reunited after weeks, months and even years so son't ever give up hope  :hug:

Hope your sisters cat turns up safe and sound too  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2011, 15:36:38 PM »
She obviously doesnt care about her cat  :( :(

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2011, 13:19:46 PM »
Unbelievable! My sister's cat disappeared on Saturday night and I told her to go and knock on doors etc and just texted her to ask how things were going any news, and she's basically just written him off as if oh well he's gone and hope he didn't suffer?? She has no idea what's happened to him and I doubt she's even rang anyone I suggested... I just told her I would put all his details online for her if she sends me a picture of him and I'll ring the council to check for RTA... things she should be doing!
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »
Thanks Dawn, yes it was nice to find out that people are looking :)

First work on my site done. http://www.findbilly.co.uk/

www.catrescue.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
if you are keeping him in peoples minds you can't do more

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »
A lady texted me a photo this morning completely out of the blue and said that the cat in the pic had been hanging round her area. It wasn't Billy but it was such a nice thing to do to go to all that trouble  :Luv:

Lovely little cat it was too, very similar to Billy but had a black nose!
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2011, 16:23:01 PM »
Good idea about parking near entrance, definitely have to get there early!! ;)

just bought/registered findbilly.co.uk and activated hosting but wont be able to work on the site til tonight :)
www.catrescue.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Lost black/white cat in Redhill, Nottingham
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2011, 16:16:22 PM »
Thinking about it, if you do the car park idea then it's prob best to get there super early and park as close to the store entrance as you can (rather than the car park entrance) so that every single person coming out of the shop on foot can't avoid it! If you do the 'one massive poster' idea or even as many normal size posters as fills the windows/windscreen then people will find it impossible not to look as it will look unusual.

You could get one of those clear document wallets and tape that to the outside of the windscreen with a few basic leaflets in with photo and contact numbers on so people can take a leaflet away with them.

The web address is a good idea too as people might not have seen him - yet - but the web address is simple enough to stick in their heads if they see him in the future :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2011, 16:07:54 PM »
FindBilly sounds like a good idea and that could go on the posters for the car.

I would run with that poster idea and the posters can be put up wherever you park and taken down again when you drive away, even a few minutes will be getting the message out.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2011, 15:57:00 PM »
glad to hear you are getting some help!

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2011, 15:25:03 PM »
Setting up my own website, need to buy the domain (i can do all that v easily and at v little cost so I may as well)

Not sure of name of website..

www.helpfindbilly.co.uk
www.findbilly.co.uk

any suggestions?!
www.catrescue.uk

Link to CatChat