Author Topic: Bloody hell that was close!  (Read 1535 times)

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
    • petition for changing airgun law
  • Slave to: solo(rip my angel 28/6/2011) & buttons
Re: Bloody hell that was close!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 21:22:46 PM »
all i can say is good driving and also an awarness of things around you  just hope the cat dosent get too complacent and think its  a game he might not be as fortunate the next time he decides to make a mad dash for the feild   poor little furbaby

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 21:22:20 PM »
Sounds like both you and the kitty had a very alert guardian angel........

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 20:19:43 PM »
Thank God you managed to miss him  :shy: Definitely one life down!

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
Bloody hell that was close!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »
Good job my reactions are pretty good, as well as my observation skills. Driving my missus to work this morning coming down a 30mph road with gardens and driveways on one side and a field on the other, saw a ginger cat in the front garden out the corner of my eye, almost didn't give it any thought, I wasn't speeding (there's often a camera van on this road) but I saw that "look" that I'm sure you're all aware of.

I've seen our cat do it, the frozen stance, the ears pinned back, the look of sheer craziness like they are about to have a silly 5 minutes darting about the house at 100mph. Well this ginger did just that, straight out in front of my car, slammed the anchors on, it froze on the road, tried to swerve, it then decided to carry on its dash across the road and proceeded to leap a 4 foot fence into the field.

Guy behind nearly rear ended me too. To say my heart was going ten to the dozen is an understatement! That kitty can chalk up -1 life if you ask me.

What a way to start the morning!  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat