Author Topic: waterproof pads (new): anyone know who would want them?  (Read 6895 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: waterproof pads (new): anyone know who would want them?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 14:18:32 PM »
yes they are, they are quite big and waterproof. I used similar ones when my old boys couldn't get to the tray on time or missed.

Trouble is the bag is quite heavy. Do any rescues collect? I only know of CHAT nearish to here, gave them all the food and stuff left over when my boys passed but they wouldn't come to collect
I'm going to ask Cat Protection again. Seems sometimes to depend on who you speak to in the shop

Edit: just got back as walked them around to Cat Protection, 15 mins from me and a different woman took them, said she'd give them to a foster mum. Happy news all round.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 15:57:53 PM by swampmaxmum »

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Re: waterproof pads (new): anyone know who would want them?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 20:12:13 PM »
If the pads are like puppy house-training pads, then perhaps a local rescue could use them. I find them invaluable when mummy-cats were giving birth, it saves you having to do loads of washing.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
waterproof pads (new): anyone know who would want them?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 17:10:15 PM »
I was clearing out stuff and came across a bag (new: unsealed) of large 60 x 90 cm waterproof bed and chair pads that I'd bought when my boys were a bit liable to not reach the tray in time, but I never used them.  It's too heavy to post unfortunately. The charity shops including Cat Protection claim that EU Law won't let them sell them (I'm sure that's rubbish as it's a sealed bag ,but...).

Any ideas? I also have a new, opened but unused IKEA mattress topper pad (double one) that no charity shop will take. I just haven't the energy for freecycle and all its rules and tricky posting. I used it once before and got a rude email from some or other moderator telling me I'd done the wrong thing  :censored:

I am in SE London if there are any cat rescues that have old cats that would like any of this, or anyone who needs it for their cats.

Link to CatChat