Author Topic: Our little cat (Uknown outcome)  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Our little cat (Uknown outcome)
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 07:29:03 AM »
As there have been no updates will move to sorted  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Our little cat
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
Any news please?

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 22:07:49 PM »
aww bless  :'(

have you managed to find her a home? its such a shame  :'(

My brothers have Epilepsy and us kids didnt even think it was unusual - because it "just is", although scary to other people (even adults), we were confidently dealing with their fits as siblings if we were out playing until a parent arrived. Its only frightening for kids if adults make it something we should be scared off - like screaming at spiders!! lol

I wish I could take her, but i'm not in a position to at the moment  :(
Best Wishes to you all x  :hug: :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 19:22:13 PM »
I feel your pain, being one who had a cat who had seizures.

They are so terrifying to watch and I can understand your concern cos they come right out of the blue.

I wish I could think of a way that you could keep your daughter safe until she is old enough to understand.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 18:48:43 PM »
Welcome to Purrs.

Sorry that you feel you may need to rehome your little cat that must be a hard decision.  Hopefully someone will have some suggestions who has been in a similar situation.

If however, you still feel that the best thing is to rehome her then it's wise to go through a rescue so that proper checks are done and the right home is found.

Which area are you by the way? as it's a good idea to add it to the title you can do that by clicking modify on your post.
Here is a list of rescues and if you click on the map then you can find those nearest to you:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

They may be full but you could ask to go on the waiting list or for a 'Direct Homing' which is where the rescue will help find the home but your cat remains with you until that time and that may be a better option for your cat.  Best of luck with whatever you decide  :hug:

Offline jonnyandkelly

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Myfanwi
Our little cat (Uknown outcome)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 17:33:03 PM »
HI,

I hope there is someone out there who can help us with our dilemma.

We have a gorgeous little cat whom we rescued around 3 years ago. She is the most affectionate little thing and we love her to bits.

Around 1 1/2 years ago should started having fits and after every test under the sun was declared epileptic. We have managed to control the fits with her daily medication but unfortunately they do still occur from time to time. They can lie dormant for months on end and then suddenly there is a run of three or four and to fix them we have to up her medication until they calm down again.

6 months ago we gave birth to our first child, a little girl called Seren. She is now at the age where she is starting to move around and has a real interest in Myfanwi. We never leave them alone together for obvious reasons but the other day we were all in the room together, Seren rolling around on the floor and Myfanwi sat in the corner of the room. Myfanwi all of a sudden started fitting and thankfully we managed to pick Seren up before the fit started fully.

This left a real concern for us though that 'what if' we had turned our back and there was an accident involving them both.

However much we love our cat and it pains us to come to this conclusion, we feel it is for the best that we try to find someone who will love Myfanwi and look after her who isn't in a similar scenario to us (have a young family). Her medication costs £16 every three months.

If you are reading this and can offer any advice or would be interested to know more about Myfanwi then please contact us.

Thanks

Jonny and Kelly

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:28:44 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat