Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: HELP!
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 14:44:51 PM »
 ;D yay brilliant!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 13:26:10 PM »
That's great news - a happy ending!  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 20:14:50 PM »
Wonderful news, I bet her owners were greatful that she had been looked after  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 19:28:13 PM »
Thats wondeful  ;D

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 18:22:19 PM »
Good news found her owner today shes came and picked her up and shes very happy to have her home she had walked off a little and got a lil bit lost
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2011, 15:29:20 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: Aww bless her, and you for caring, she's lovely!

I would give her Classic food it's not expensive at all it's light and good for tums and very soft too so it's gentle on the mouth.   If her teeth are manky it may be upsetting her system too.

I would follow the found cat advice and get her checked for a chip if you've not already done so as someone may be missing her.  You could also try the paper collar asking if she belongs to anyone.  She may just be old and tiny though and a stray, fallen on hard times.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 15:31:21 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 21:42:23 PM »
im having one slight problem cause shes only able to eat wet food im running out of tins as my two only tend to have a bit of wet food at night i dont get many in so im running out and i dont have any money :( think some begging of family and friends is needed
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 04:53:47 AM »
Good for You Kally  ;D ;) :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 23:07:52 PM »
ive called her poppet for the moment cause i felt i needed something to call her and shes been bossing me about for attention

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 13:06:46 PM »

Thank you for looking after her Kally.

XX

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 00:28:05 AM »
shes already taking advantage shes been sleeping almost all day :D shes not used to a litter tray but we will overcome that im not going to keep her permenantly but im going to try my hardest to get her to health and find her the best home and have to say shes already started demanding food lol

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 22:44:17 PM »
If she has so many teeth left, she may be relatively old. Being small is no indication, queens may be quite small. They may grow the size of a fully grown tomcat, but they may just as well stay as tiny as a 6 month old tom....
And she is very skinny, which will make her look even smaller.
But she is in good hands now, whe will perk up quite a bit, I guess...

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 22:27:55 PM »
With regards to feeding I would go with little and often to  start with ...small regular meals are what she needs.  I would imagine as soon as she calms down she will probably do some serious sleeping .... cats that have been outside for a while have been on high alert ... so if she is fed watered and safe she will take full advantage and crash out  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 14:23:31 PM »
managed to get her an appointment but its not til next thursday:( it was the earliest i could get without taking her to the rspca which would mean waiting around all day long

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 13:31:28 PM »
anyone got any advice on feeding regime as i dont think shes eaten much in atleast days so i dont wanna give her too much her tummy has already been upset by her eating and obviously i dont wanna upset it even more

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 13:04:39 PM »
im not sure im going to see how things go

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 09:53:46 AM »
Awww - poor thing.  well done for taking her in.  I hope she has an owner looking for her.  If she doesn't, would you consider keeping her?

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »
i need to make appointment which i will be doing shortly and hopefully get her seen to tomorrow at the latest

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:52 AM »
Hope you can manage to get her to the vets as from what you say she needs to be looked at  :hug: 

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 22:48:58 PM »
im going to keep looking for her owner if she has one but looks like i might need to get her to vets as one of her teeth looks very painful and as im on housing benefit i should be able to get her treated at pdsa

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 22:03:09 PM »
ok i actually have her in the flat shes still very nervy and she will let me pic her up etc but i think shes reasonably weak ive also been able to have a look at her teeth a little and tbh she doesnt really look like she has many

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 13:36:34 PM »
any advice is appreciated

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:44:19 PM »
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was just trying to say that I had the experience that a starving cat wouldn't eat dry food and wondered if she had something wrong with her teeth. Not advising you to use Wellbeloved. (That was just what I was given by the rescue centre)   

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
i cant afford to give her wellbeloved i can barely afford to give her wet food as im on benefits

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
I fostered a cat and kittens that had been stray and the Mum was very thin and starving. I was advised to give her a good quality dry food (Wellbeloved) and also whiskas chicken or fish. I really wanted her to eat the dry food as it was better quality but she seemed to find it hard to eat so always went for the wet food. Eventually she started eating the dry as well. I wondered if she had problems with her teeth but they were fine.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 11:52:28 AM »
im going to try build up her trust shes actually smaller than she looks either way ill try my best for her

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:51:04 AM »
She looks like a fully grown cat to me.
She has probably been living rough for quite a while if she is so shy, but if she will sniff your hand, she must, at one time, have been used to people.

Hopefully, she is missing and somebody is still looking for her, but she might just as well have been abandoned.....

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »
i cant get that close to her as yet but she will sniff my hand for food if i can get her i will get her checked for a chip

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:35:04 AM »
Might be worth checking if she is microchipped.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
cheers will get on the posting found posters online unfortunately i cant physically post one up around the area as i dont have the money to print them but ill get ppl to spread the word i will also get in contact with the shelters shes sooo petrified but bless her she can upto me and sniffed my hand im bit worried she might have something wrong with her teeth as she didnt seem to be able to chew dry food

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »
What a gorgeous girl, here is a link with lots of useful info on what you can do
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31636.0.html

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
i found a little cat possibly a kitten on my doorstep shes very thin very nervy and absolutely starving what can i do shes gone away now cause she ate all the food that was in the dish (i didnt want to feed her too much in one go) what should i do? she is sooooooo gorgeous

Link to CatChat