Author Topic: Rainbow needs a home or she is to be pts - West Yorkshire (Sorted)  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Rainbow needs a home or she is to be pts - West Yorkshire (Sorted)
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 07:06:54 AM »
 ;D I've just seen this post on CC:

So sorry for the delay in letting people know that rainbow has been saved! I only have internet on my phone so itd been a nightnare to update! Wehave managefto foster her close to our own vets abd her bloodsshow she is actually much healthier than we fearedso should have many years left. we got the princely sum of twenty pounds from the daughter and yet the house will go on the market for 200 thousand-it makes you sick doesnt it? Syliva wanted to say thankyou to evetyone who offered a home-each and every one we weregrateful for. apologies for the typos-trying. to getused to this phone!

I will move this now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Re: Rainbow needs a home or she is to be pts - West Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 14:41:54 PM »
Thanks for updating us and bless you for the trouble you have gone to for Rainbow. I have no doubt another very worthy candidate will soon come up for your friend. Glad to hear that Rainbow is safe.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 14:12:21 PM »
Thanks so much for the update Soxel, really pleased that someone has come forwards for her  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 14:05:59 PM »
There are often oldrer cats that need homes on here so definately get your friend to register  ;D

Thanks for taking so much trouble and pleased that Rainbow has a home to go to and do hope ity works out  :hug: :hug:

Offline Soxel

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 14:02:41 PM »
I just spoke to the woman on that first number (who wasn't Jennifer, but I didn't actually get her name - sorry!) and she said that a foster home has actually come forward for Rainbow. The foster carer has four cats of her own, and if Rainbow gets on happily with them, the foster carer will keep Rainbow permanently. If Rainbow seems unhappy to live with other cats they'll need to search for a new home again, but in that case they'll need a pet-free home, and so my friend's offer would be invalid. (However, maybe I can encourage my friend to register and there'll be another elderly pet in need of somewhere to go - she was rather smitten with Bram, the old ginger boy who's been in rescue for over two years, but I see that he also doesn't get along with other cats.) For now, though, Rainbow is out of danger and going somewhere lovely.

The person who answered the phone explained that the deceased woman's children already have pets of their own, and with the combination of existing animals and children it's too much for them to handle by adding another into the mix. There are far better responses than "we'll have her pet down then", but I suppose these are people who just lost their mother and really aren't thinking straight. Not that I want to justify their decision to euthanise after giving themselves a mere week's deadline to rehome Rainbow, but maybe it's too painful for them to have Rainbow around. I don't know. Grief's a funny old thing.

Anyway, Rainbow's sorted for now and that's the most important thing. Apparently they will re-advertise if things don't work out with the foster family, but I'm sure we'll all keep our fingers crossed.

Offline Soxel

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 13:41:39 PM »
I'll call right now, and in fact I just heard that the other old lady has been rehomed (good for her - she'd been in that pen well over a year!) so there isn't a barrier now. :)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 13:32:04 PM »
Hi Soxel, Would you be able to give Jennifer a call on 01943 464648 or Warfedale CP on 0845 1947 292? If it works out with your friend I could certainly do the Midlands section of the transport run.

Fingers crossed for this old girl.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 12:47:54 PM »
Fingers crossed for Rainbow, your friend sounds like a lovely lady  :hug: If your friend was able to adopt Rainbow then  Wharfevalley is a CP branch so I'm sure they could pull a few strings and ask the CP branch local to your friend to do a homecheck to check that Rainbow is right for their home and vice versa.

I really hope this is an option for her as I hate to think of the old ladies devoted friend being PTS for no reason  :(

Offline Soxel

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
Hello

I'm new to the forum - just registered a few weeks ago in order to offer a home to Paddypaws' lovely deaf cat - and I, very sadly, do not have the space to take in this lovely old lady, but I know of someone who might.

My friend loves the golden oldies. In fact, she specifically asks for the oldest, tattiest, most sad and decrepit cats when she's looking for a new one. She has two at the moment, aged approximately 9 and 15, and could take on a third. The trouble is that she has already made an enquiry about another old lady who appears to have been abandoned in a cattery for a very long time; however, as yet (five days later) the cattery has not replied. If that falls through, she would be really interested in Rainbow. It's an indoor home, no kids, two adults, full of all the love, cuddles and care an animal could wish for.

The other downside is that my friend lives in Dorset and would need some help with transport. I am in South East London - if there's anything I can do to help, I will, and I know Animal Lifeline do a really good service in trying to find drivers for animals, so I'm sure we could work something out.

I realise you don't know me from Adam, and would probably want to home check any prospective adopter, but I've known this girl (Melanie) for five years and I trust her more than my life's worth. She's a loving, committed owner and Rainbow would have a relaxing, tranquil home until the very end of her days.

Anyway, I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, because I don't even know whether Rainbow would get on with other cats, and of course my friend is still waiting to hear from this cattery, but I thought I'd make the enquiry.

I know all pet rehoming is important, but I think there's something a little extra about a story like this that tugs at your heart strings. I've no doubt I'll be an old maid/crazy cat lady in the years to come and I worry about what would happen to my furry gang if anything were to happen to me. I'm very lucky to have friends and family who'd step in, but even that doesn't completely put your mind at rest.

On another note, I don't suppose The Cinnamon Trust could do anything, i.e. do they know of anyone who recently lost a cat, and might be looking for another?

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 13:46:44 PM »
It's so sad when this happens,relatives seem happy to clear out a decesed person's home,and also their much loved pet-SHAME ON THEM! >:( Iwish i knew they were reading these posts.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 23:29:03 PM »
This is so heartbreaking  :'( :'(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 23:12:36 PM »
I keep thinking of her and hope that she's getting lots of love and cuddles right now  :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 22:10:20 PM »
it shows how important it is to provide for ones animals....

does whafdale do a sponsorship scheme as we do?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 22:03:10 PM »
It's times like these when being a mod means ya gotta keep the expletives in check  :(.  Simply appalling.  Hope Rainbow finds a good forever home .....

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 21:40:44 PM »
So heartbreaking - poor little soul to lose her owner and not one realtive willing to love her for her twilight years

Keeping everything crossed that Rainbow finds someone to care for her and give her the love she deserves xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 20:18:12 PM »
Apparently she is a lovely tortie around 15 years of age  :Luv2:

If the old lady knew what her so called relatives were going to do to her beloved companion I'm sure she'd be turning in her grave  >:(
Really hope there is an angel out there for her somewhere  :hug:

This was posted on CC - a note that the lady wrote about Rainbow a couple of years ago:
The first time I saw you at Cats Protection I fell in love with you.
You were so unusual with your tortoiseshell colour and cauliflower ear and you looked so sad.
You were really happy to sit on my knee and I knew we would be friends
What I wanted to write about is our relationship which has been growing over the years and particularly the great friend and companion you have become since my husband died; I don't know what I would have done without you. When I go out you are always so pleased to see me when I get back, mewing furiously until you can come up on my knee for a cuddle. You often take up more than your fair share of the bed when you jump up in the middle of the night, but I love to have you there
I know you are now 13 years old but I do so hope you will live for a long time yet - I don't think I could live without you.

So sad  :'( hope someone can help  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 20:16:35 PM »
 :( isn't it sad, poor little love.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 19:17:28 PM »
Poor little thing  :( She must be devastated to have lost her owner :( If the old lady knew what her so called relatives were going to do to her beloved companion I'm sure she'd be turning in her grave  >:(

Really hope there is an angel out there for her somewhere  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 18:32:50 PM »
Thanks Moira - just got back online and had copied this to paste it. :) Hope Rainbow can be found a home.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Rainbow needs a home or she is to be pts - West Yorkshire (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 18:20:03 PM »
Cross posted from Catchat on behalf of Warf Valley Cats Protection. First posted 26 August 2011.

'“Rainbows devoted owner died last week and she needs a new home. She takes tablets daily and eats a special diet food but she is doing well. She’s lonely and sad please can anyone help – she will be put to sleep if no one can offer her a home. “

Please contact me on 01943 464648.

We as a branch are literally at breaking point with cats and just cannot take Rainbow into care at the moment. The family are clearing out the home next week when she will be taken to the vets.

Rainbow is nervous of children and is a lady of a certain age, but she's content in herself and was her owner's sole companion after her husband died.

We are in the West Yorkshire area but would perhaps consider moving her for the right home x'
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 07:07:39 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat