Author Topic: Canterbury and District CP Open Day May 20th 2007 Kopperkins Cattery, Whitstable  (Read 8474 times)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Oh my that was heard work...... But weather stayed fine and i am planning to go through the homing forms today... I think all the kittens would of found homes, not all the mums though, Chester, Indie and Tilly (although everyone passed by poor MOMO)!

I am not sure we took alot of money... but it was a great day... But very tiring...

Next time (if a next time) will let someone else do the co ordination as tying to do all just dosnt work...

Not sure we paid for Basils bill (who is still at the vets) but made a contribution to it....

Still tired........
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Hope the day went well sharon with lots of lolly coming in  ;D :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Its nice & warm & sunny so hopefully there will be a good turnout. I will probably buy more knitted cat blankets (much to OH's disgust  :rofl: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Fingers crossed for today
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I will be showing my face on the way to friends as its their baby's 1st birthday (I would rather stay with the cats and skip seeing the kid   :evillaugh: )

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I would like to help but with a full B&B it will be difficult. I will try to show my face and bring some food and buy some bits at least. Wish I could do more but time is limited at the weekend.

• Super Cat
Just a note here...
Anyone coming to our Open Day on Sunday.entrance fee is a can of cat food or biscuit or a donations.......

With a whole heap fo cats in at the moment, we are buying biscuits, so donations of biscuits would be very welcome.........

May see some of you from this way....although I am not sure there are many members that are Kent based.......

Anyhows, fingers crossed for a dry day........Dont fancy putting up 5 gazebos in the rain........
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Good luck with the open day, my local CP does one, and it is always a good day, so fingers crossed yours is too, and that you get good weather. I know the feeling about saying you will 'help', I have acquired a few more 'duties' this weekend, and still trying to work out how!!
Please spay your cat

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
Good luck with the open day.........  ;)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Hey Sharon did ya not learn in school not to out ya hand up  :rofl: :rofl: lol na only joking hun.  Your a star for all the work for the fundraising and i hope loads of dosh is raised  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

you and all the rescues are very very welcome to post any for any help, events, cats needing homes on Purrs at any time.  :Luv:

• Super Cat
Getting the hang of this now! I hope we have a successful day, as been working my pants off sorting all this out, i just hope the weather stays fine for the day. Anyhow local who wants to volunteer for the day (keeping kittens amused as well as other things) pls send an email. We can never have enough volunteers at events like this.  Its a first for us so we are learning as we go along....(well I am and I am not even the fundraising person, I just happened to put my hand up at hte appropriate time to say I would "help")

Sharon

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Yeap def right place Sharon  :Luv: :Luv:

• Super Cat
Not sure if I have posted this in the right places!
Anyhows on May 20th we have our first open day and I am busy organising the final details. One of our lovely fosterers has her own cattery and has kindly given it over to us for the weekend.  We are thus hoping this first open day proves to be a great success.

We will have over 14 kittens in our care then, and four mums, and a whole host of other lovable felines for anyone to come and see and possibly adopt.  We will also have a few other stalls and Cat Chat will be there as well. 

So if you are around this way (Kent, Whitstable) and want to viist then pls drop in. Entrance fee is via a can of cat food or biscuits or a donation. There is a raffle prize of 2 weeks board for your cat at the cattery kindly donated by Kopperkins.

11am until 3pm with refreshments on site as well and loads of goodies to buy.

Parking is limited and you will have to park in the National Trust car park just a few minutes walk away, as you will block the drive of the cattery if you park outside.

Some of our cats will be on show but homechecks will be required before they are rehomed.

HOpe to see some of you at the event and fingers crossed for some lovely weather.

If anyone wants directions or me to send them a poster with a map pls email me and I will do asap.

All proceeds to much needed veterinary funds and with 14 kittens in our care I think we will need it!!

Link to CatChat