Author Topic: I am a mug but I'm fighting back!  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: I am a mug but I'm fighting back!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 13:46:31 PM »
Very well done  ;D

I am sorta using your style with Misa and refuse to bring his food to him, if he is hungry he must go and eat where it is normally!

Putting foot down with a firm hand  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 13:25:00 PM »
I have so won this one.  Jaffa now makes sure he's hanging around when it's time to leave for work in the morning and the same at bedtime, and it only takes one show of the treat packet for him to come running.  It works doubly well as I usually give him his in the kitchen and I make a point of doing it near his food bowl so if he's not finished his breakfast/supper he usually goes on to eat that after he's done with the dreamies.  win win!  :evillaugh:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
 :rofl:  They are taking it in turns to give you the runaround!!!

Nicky

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »
He comes all the time now  ;D  Sometimes I have to show him the packet or the treats in my hand, but he doesn't waste time coming for them now.   Unfortunately this morning Mosi refused to come for his treats...... :shify:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 18:20:04 PM »
He's 14 not 24 and I'm not pandering to his whims.  Well, not today at any rate  ;)
[/color]

:rofl: :rofl: - he's gonna win you over Susanne  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 17:10:15 PM »
Sounds like you are winning the battle but probably not the war!!

Nicky

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
He's getting the idea now.  This morning I just showed him the treat bag from the bedroom door and he was in the kitchen before I'd even put the packet back in the drawer.  He always used to have his treats in the kitchen/living room as he always came when he heard the sound of the treat drawer opening.  But he's got used to me bringing them to him now and you know what cats are like - give an inch and they'll take a mile.   He's 14 not 24 and I'm not pandering to his whims.  Well, not today at any rate  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 23:05:45 PM »
you're gonna get done for cruelty to old cats  :evillaugh:

Poor old Jaffa  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 12:10:43 PM »
I am still winning this one but it is a battle of wills!  This morning I showed him the treat packet and then went back into the kitchen to get them out of the packet and put the packet back.  I waited a short while and then gave Mosi one before going into the bedroom to show him what I had in my hand.   He sat on the bed looking interested and clearly wondering whether he dare stay where he was and call my bluff.  It took another trip into the bedroom to show him the treats in my hand before he jumped down from the bed and joined Mosi in the other room.  I was just about to cave in and give him his in the bedroom as I needed to get off for work.  I have the upper hand here because he wants his treats and can't risk me giving them to Mosi!  I don't know how long it will last though.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 18:15:12 PM »
I've been had today as well, when will i learn?!!

Charlie sat on the coffee table batting the Dreamies packet about, so I gave him some.

As I went to walk out of the room  I see Poppy laying on the climber, giving me evils and wheres mine looks. So I went back and got her some. In my defence she is black and her blanket dark brown, so I didn't see her.

This is the cat that comes running half asleep as soon as she hears so much as her dish. Obviously knew I would take them to her so why should she move?!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 13:23:29 PM »
Oh Susanne  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 13:17:07 PM »
This morning he took his time coming so I went to the doorway into the bedroom to see what was keeping him (he had been sat on the bed, not asleep) and he was poised on the edge of the bed with one paw on the end obviously weighing up the relative merits of staying there and hoping I'd give in or coming and making sure he got his treats!  He came so that's about 2-0 to me at the moment ;)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 15:39:23 PM »
We are so wrapped its stupid LOL but but but................................... :innocent:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I reckon Jaffa will have you wrapped around his paw by bedtime tonight  :rofl: :rofl:

You know you can not win any fight with your 2 darling ginger men.  :hug: :hug:

I've even bought a special dish for Bonnie for her Dreamies  :Crazy: :innocent:  Will get a photo when I have a minute.

Mary

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 09:02:08 AM »
Clever boy, Poppy likes her treats thrown so she can catch them with her paws or pounce them.
Charlie likes to be hand fed, after he's had a good sniff to make sure they are up to standard!!

Also Charlie gets his dinner taken to him if he's sleepy, but that more so Poppy doesn't eat it.  :rofl:

Yep I'm properly wrapped as well, may as well put a bow and ribbons on my head.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I am a mug but I'm fighting back!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:47:13 AM »
Ok, so I know I'll lose the war but sometimes little victories along the way gives us the (false) illusion that we are actually in control ;)

Jaffa has very cleverly managed to work things so that when it's treat time (morning when I leave for work and at bedtime) I take them to him if he's curled up on the bed.   In the mornings after he has had his breakfast and a mooch etc. he tends to settle down on the bed.   So come treat time he's curled up there, although not always asleep.  As his hearing is poor now, he can't hear me open the drawer and rattle the packet so doesn't always come into the kitchen and mug that I am I've taken to taking the treats into the bedroom and placing them on the bed for him so that he doesn't have to exert himself!  I suddenly realised the other day that he has got me totally wrapped around his paw and is perfectly capable of getting off the bed and walking into the kitchen.  So now I go to the bedroom door and show him the packet, then go back into the kitchen and wait.  And wait.  I start giving Mosi his and wait some more.   Eventually Jaffa has realised that I'm not coming and he'd better get up and join us in the kitchen if he wants his treats.  Eventually he comes and I throw them for him like I used to.   I wonder how long this will last before he gets the upper paw again  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat