Author Topic: RESCUES - registered or NFP  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: RESCUES - registered or NFP
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 18:44:14 PM »
as a registered charity you can apply to more trusts and i think it gives you a bit of legitimacy. you can join adch and tap into any of the perks from that. there are also charity websites you can register with and discounts from things like paypal.

you do however have an increase in admin - unless you are doing good accounts and auditing etc anyway.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 16:54:02 PM »
Hope to see you around loads  ;D

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 13:40:42 PM »
yes Gill i think most who donate to NFP know the rescues they donate to etc and know they do good work , ive not been on for some time but hopefully will be a regular again and just wanted opinions etc  :thanks:
New Forest Animal Rescue

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 13:03:36 PM »
Thanks cracker, as you know we support various small rescues on here and some are registered and others not but we know the ones we support do a good job but also are struggling for money

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 13:00:10 PM »
i wouldn't matter to me because I know the work that unregistered charities do, I suppose if you didn't you might be a bit more suspicious?

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »
Thanks for your replies and i hope some rescue's will comment too , Gill as a small rescue i just wanted peoples views i have heard people as helen says who don't mind giving there money to un-registered as long as she knows they do good work im completely with you both on that the large ones like rspca etc are a different kettle of fish all together as they advertise on tv etc no smaller rescues can compete with that , i have also heard people say they will only donate to the registered ones as they are the good ones but a lot of people in the rescue scene know not all registered rescues are in fact good but thats another story and not going there at this time , i am only small and my rescues go into foster homes till adopted out i have thrown the idea of becoming registered on and off for years but i am staying unregistered for now as i can do as much or as little as i want or capable off
New Forest Animal Rescue

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 12:10:31 PM »
I suspect only the large charities like RSPCA and CP do 'well' in fundraising cos they have the public image and people on the streets collecting for them.

Small rescues, registered or not always fair worse because they do not have the volunteers and time to fundraising all the time on the level of the two above.

Like Helen , it matters not at all whether they are registered or not.

However I am interested on why you are asking the question cracker?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »
I'm not involved in rescue but as a donator, it doesn't make any difference to me whether the rescue is a registered charity or not. If I perceive the work they do to be good and in the best interests of the animals then I would donate to them regardless of whether they were a registered charity.

Hopefully you'll get some input from the rescues on here too as I know we have a mix of registered charities and non-registered rescues.

Offline cracker

• Adult Cat
RESCUES - registered or NFP
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »
Hi we all know all rescues are struggling in these hard times but...... would like to know your views on being registered or staying non for profit , your pro's and con's for both and in these bad times are the registered charitys fairing better in these bad times or not
New Forest Animal Rescue

Link to CatChat