Author Topic: sorted and all safe in rescue :)  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: sorted and all safe in rescue :)
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 13:03:25 PM »
As the title has now been changed to 'sorted' will move this.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: Urgent foster homes needed for 5x 9 -10 month old Pregnant kittens:(
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 15:59:21 PM »
 :thanks: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 15:16:17 PM »
Poor kittens - i also agree the RSPCA are a complete waste of space and would do nothing.
As for the scum witgh the boiling water -would hope one day they drown in boiling water  :censored: :censored:

Hope you can get them sorted and well done for caring and the wonderful work you do Kelly. :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 14:52:51 PM »
I have to admit, I've thrown boiling water at ants...why is it impossible? Just asking. I do know what you're saying though; people will threaten all manner of things if they think it'll speed up the process.

Is an ants life of no value ? Surely there must have been a more humane alternative.

I suggest the water was poured on ants rather than thrown.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
To some extant I do agree with you that there are a lot of people that are saying all sorts just to get gold dust spaces in rescue, but on the other hand a rescue has agreed to take these and they don't want to take any chances on the reports being true, they have also been down to assess the situation and so we know what needs help and they have asked for our help to find foster homes for these poor babies and as that is what we do at Animal Lifeline UK,  we will try to do everything we can to help these poor cats/kittens.
As for the RSPCA in my experience they are a waste of space, I reported cruelty on a very large scale only a few weeks ago and they said they couldn't do anything as they were being fed and watered (so scraps being thrown at them is being fed now >:(  ) >:( these said animals are living in their own firth and are in terrible conditions but still they said they could do nothing >:( . I don't know if the RSPCA have been alerted about these or not so couldn't comment on that.

I am happy to say we have quite a few possible foster homes that we are currently trying to get checked for these so keep your fingers crossed they pass and we can get them to safety

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 12:47:53 PM »
I have to admit, I've thrown boiling water at ants...why is it impossible? Just asking. I do know what you're saying though; people will threaten all manner of things if they think it'll speed up the process.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »
I have tried to avoid this thread but afraid I need to say something.

Have you ever tried to throw boiling water its impossible
If it really were the case its an RSPCA job.
People always over dramatise things to queue jump, sadly posts like this can cause distress to many readers.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
sorted and all safe in rescue :)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 15:23:50 PM »
Hi we are trying to help a colony of Semi feral cats and kittens in Cheshire, Sadly we have had reports that the locals are throwing boiling water at them to get them out of their gardens :( We have a rescue who is going back up for all these cats and kittens but need to find foster homes for 5 x pregnant 9 - 10 month old kittens:( . The rescue who has been to assess the situation says they are all very nervous but don't seem to be full feral's. We are ideally looking for foster homes in Cheshire or North Wales but as we can't take the chance of these poor babies getting hurt will will consider foster homes further a field. Please email me at
kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org or answer the thread on our site by clicking on the following link if you think you can help.
All possible foster homes will be home checked.

http://www.forum.animallifelineuk.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24040

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes Kelly-joy and The Animal Lifeline UK Team:)

www.animallifelineuk.org
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 16:51:24 PM by kelly-joy »

Link to CatChat