Author Topic: Pray I get a good night tonight?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
  • Slave to: Davey & Tinker
Re: Pray I get a good night tonight?
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 19:29:10 PM »
Cat beds? what are these you speak of? I always thought they were toilets - see, everytime I've bought a 'cat bed' davey uses it as a toilet. Strange, as he never thought my bed or the bed in the spare room was a toilet, nor has he ever nodded off in the litter tray :)

I'm too soft to not have them in my room cuddling up to me. Plus I can't sleep in my room with bedroom door shut. Which makes it more difficult. I can't leave these two in the living room cos they mess around on the curtains and open them. If I leave them in the dining room they have full access to stairs, kitchen landing etc.Am just too soft for my own good!

Tinks is loads better than she used to be, davey seems to be getting cheekier by the day - I have to admit though, it is very cute! x
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 15:53:32 PM »
Another bad nights sleep. more of the same!

I dont have the space to do that and no cellar!

Birmans are bed cats....thats human bed lol and dont think they have slept in a cat bed in their life.

Lupin probably would sleep downstairs Ok but need to open that up for the big cats and Misa is sleeping in the front room at present......another cat that has never slept in a cat bed!

Offline lornab

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Monty and Moses.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 14:56:34 PM »
There is absolutely no way would I share my bed with Miney and Moses, although I love them to bits and am happy for them to sleep in our room during the day, I need at least two floors between us at bedtime as without a good nights sleep I am a wreck.
Before I turn in I take the boys into the cellar where they have their own beds, food, water, toys and litter trays and there they stay till I get up in the morning. 
Commandment # 1 'thou shall sleep in thine own bed'! :rofl:
I learnt the hard way with my kids that Mummys bed is best kept out of bounds for sleepovers,
A great deal of 'childcare tactics' are applicable to cats, Recommended reading: 'Toddler Taming' By Dr Christopher Green.

PS: perhaps I should mention that I didn't lock my kids in the cellar at night...............honest :rofl:
Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££ 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 10:16:49 AM »
After only tumbling into bed at 1.30am following my OH's opening night of his gallery showing in Brick Lane we were awake again at 4.00 to the sound of Bass on the dining table systematically knocking each thing on it off one at a time with her paw....  :tired:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »
The only time Ella and Archie are not allowed in our room is when we sleep in it! The positive is that Ella cannot open our current bedroom door like she used to be able with our London room! She used to jump on the handle and can't open the door. Archie wedges himself up against the bedroom door to go to sleep and I have to say we feel so guilty when we wake up and he is there. it is like he is gettign as close as he can! The worst is when you open the door and he rolls in as he was leaning so heavily on the door.

When the girls were young they broke our sleep so much hence why we close the door at night. They have got used to it and don't cry.

Maybe I need a cat flap on my bedroom door....hmmm.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 09:15:32 AM »
Welcome to my world! ;)

Sleep - what's that?

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 09:00:11 AM »
glad am not the only one, but not liking that others have had to go through this!

Last night was a little better, Davey was out all night and Tinks was quiet til 6am. Now, Davey's just come in with that cheeky look in his eyes which means he's going to start chasing Tinks and being mischievous! JOY!
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »
Well I have had virtually nil sleep cos of having to remove all food from the bedroom, Loopy chasing Ducha and getting him in a neck lock and me in and out of bed every few minutes to seperate them...................yawnnnnnnnnnn

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 10:04:59 AM »
I was feeling quite smug when I read this last night  :naughty:

After a similar night to you I'm now feeling much more symapthetic  :tired:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:13:36 AM »
 :naughty: :naughty: D&T were only having fun  ;)

Bonnie was her usual little angel self just laying on my/our bed waiting to be stroked  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:18:28 AM »
Mine werent wonderful cos Loopy was chasing Ducha and after tthat Ducha decided he wanted to drink, use the litter tray, all after being safe on the bed in seperate instances, so this mug was hanging under the bed trying to distract Loopy with a wiggly waggler at 0430.

I feel that Ducha is part to blame cos he goes under the bed followed by Loopy, he is just teasing or does he like being jumped on and being bearhugged and if so why does he moan.

The pair of them going murrrrrrrrrrra murrrrrrrrrrrrra from all over the bed and bedroom is not good for sleeping!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 23:50:49 PM »
Was it something in the air I'm wondering? Was this a general theme for all cats across the UK last night,

Nope, just yours  :evillaugh:

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
Pray I get a good night tonight?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 23:05:55 PM »
Last night between then, Davey and Tinks made my long night hell. Whether it was Davey prodding my in the back with his cold nose and meowing for me to let him out, or Tinks running around climbing the curtains and smashing bowls (oh yes!), I had the worst night last night.

Was it something in the air I'm wondering? Was this a general theme for all cats across the UK last night, their aim to deprive oomans of sleep and force them to get up to hoover bits of your smashed bowls at 6.30am in the morning so they didn't pop their pads!!!

So tired, long night, long day, lots happening anyway, up early tomorrow, loooooooong day (out from 8am-9pm tomorrow working)... I need sleep  :tired:
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Link to CatChat