Author Topic: Fresh in today yet more CovCats new-born kittens  (Read 8280 times)

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Re: Fresh in today yet more CovCats new-born kittens
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 09:19:27 AM »
Quick update for all Lois fans

All kittens doing well today. Lois was very attentive in the night and they were content, warm and sleepy when I cleaned the pen out this morning. Lois is eating and drinking well, had a brief wander around the room and then went back to her babies.

I think there are 4 black ones with white bits, and possibly one patchwork tortie-white, mainly black on her back with some orange patches. Its difficult to tell at the mo, but Jill is coming round later to give me 2nd opinion! Sex yet undecided. :rofl: (As Angie will tell you I`m no good at that side of things ;))

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 19:57:49 PM »
What absolute  :censored: I hope they rot in hell when it's time for them to go  >:(

Sorry to hear about the little one that didn't make it, hope the others thrive  :hug:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 15:51:00 PM »
Awww Bless them  :Luv:
Congratulatios to Mum  :Luv:

RIP little baby - run free and play hard little one  :'(  (you are loved by all of us here at Purrs)

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 13:47:17 PM »
Just been to check on Lois and sadly one of the little girls was lying on her own, passed away.

RIP little one.

All the others seem fine and warm and content. Mum eating some wet food now, hope they all go from strength to strength.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:39 PM »
goodness. well done Lois and Nicky (sort of!)

I don't know you take 2 cats in and suddenly there are 15 to home, sigh......
(did I say Linda's foster has 7 a week ago - or was it two weeks, oh well)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »
Aww congrats to Lois on her new babies and thanks to the neighbours for all their help. Glad she is safe now :)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »
Safe and loved now and a gorgeous Brindle Tortie  :Luv: :Luv: and scrummy kittens although she doesn't look big enough to have had all those

Look forward to lots of piccies and updates ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
Fresh in today yet more CovCats new-born kittens
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
My little foster girl Lois came into care 2 weeks ago. Her owner had died and the relatives had simply locked his 2 cats out when they had finished clearing out his flat, leaving them to fend for themselves. The neighbours didnt even know Lois existed up to then as she was a house cat!

Judith and I had a very interesting hour crawling round in the dark on a Monday night trying to find her. She was sheltering under a disabled access ramp. The neighbours had been feeding the two of them whilst trying to find a charity to take them in. Her friend Larry - prob father of kittens - was offered a home by a neighbour, so he has been castrated, chipped and returned.

Lois is an absolute sweetie, very friendly and affectionate. She was very restless last night (only spare space at the mo is in my bedroom - with the dog overnight!) and at 5.25 am I heard the first little one squeak. She had had 4 by 6.30 am, so I thought by 7.45 it was safe to take the dogs out before it got too hot. I got back by 8.30 and she had had 2 more!

Thank goodness there were kind people out there willing to feed them until they could find a space. Heavens know what future Lois and her babies would have had, being left out to fend for themselves.

Quick photos this am to keep you all going.

Link to CatChat