Author Topic: Home found:)  (Read 6209 times)

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Re: Tilly 4 month old Seal tabby Tonkinese???????
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 22:08:24 PM »
Thanks that link was interesting. well I can but look and go and see her. she would certainly get love, attention (and a ginger brother jumping on her head!) Now we have made the move we have no intention of moving . I think she is the right age for us too. Ella would still be top cat and hopefully Archie and Tilly would play together.

Can Tonks go out? I would worry if she had to be an indoor breed as with Ella coming and going and Archie about to tred the boords of the big wide world too, having an indoor cat would not seem fair.

My only concern is someone might be specifically looking for that breed and because I am more interested in the cat than the breed and perhaps she is easier to home than a moggie.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 21:55:28 PM »
My Mum and Dad have 2 tonk sisters and before these two they had 2 tonks ..... Tonks are lovely .... they are a siamese / burmese cross so they are intelligent, friendly and people orintated.  This little girl sounds like she needs lots of love and a house to call her own.  Not saying the lady that owned her before didn't love her but living in a car is no life for anyone (human, canine or feline ... I feel so sorry for the person that was forced into that situation  :'( )

http://www.kittycatbreeders.com/profiles/tonkinese_cat.htm
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 21:49:57 PM »
She looks lovely and hope the visit goes well, another potential lady to join your family ;D
I hope so. We shall see! I may be asking you for advice!!

Seriously any advice from anyone welcome!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 21:47:44 PM »
She looks lovely and hope the visit goes well, another potential lady to join your family ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 21:33:07 PM »
I don't know much about Tonks as a breed but I did have a nice chat with Patsy today and it is possible we will go and meet Tilly on Saturday. We are close enough for a home check to happen if we decided . It is all very much a maybe at the mo as I would be worried if she has something that could be passed to E&A . It turns out Tilly was living in a car with a dog and owner so she has had a hard start in life ! She seems to be responding to treatment so she would be ready in about a month. She likes to play so I think she would be the dream sister for Archie.

I am not making any decision till I see her and in all honesty I am a bit scared of homing a breed I don't know as I have always been a mog owner. after seeing Princess last week and missing out there will have to be a connection as I want the right new member to join our family. Sean and I felt sorry for her and i reckon we could make up for the poor start she has had but I am nervous!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »
poor little thing, I hope she makes a full recovery, Tonks are lovely  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 06:52:45 AM »
 :Luv: Poor little love, best of luck for her xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 22:06:25 PM »
She's beautiful. Poor little babe x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 21:52:29 PM »
Tonks are fabulous ... very loving and intelligent.  I hope she finds a new home.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 21:51:01 PM »
its not known if she will have on going problems yet, but she is being treated and her eyes seem to be a lot less itchy for her now:)

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 21:37:57 PM »
Poor little thing. Will she have ongoing problems? How could they allow her to get like that. She must have been in so much pain :(

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Home found:)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 20:11:12 PM »
TILLY - 4 months old seal tabby point (Tonkinese ??)

This dear little girl has been suffering for a while. She arrived at our door late on Sunday evening after her owner realised she was in trouble and couldn’t afford to get her to the vets.

We have got her on antibiotics and eye drops and she has had a steroid injection .
Tilly has rubbed all the hair off of her eyes herself as they were so sore and itchy.
After treatment, her eyes are now wide open and not running and sticky anymore
and the hair will now start growing back.

She has the sweetest nature and in a few weeks will be looking for a family home with lots of cuddles

She loves to play and would be fine with other dogs and cats.

We hope she will be well enough to be neutered and start her vaccinations in a couple of weeks

If anyone is interested in homing her please contact Patsy at Tel:             01933 387658       or             07954 571814     
Email: rushdenpersianrescue1@ntlworld.com

Please say you heard about her from the Animal Lifeline UK Team:)

www.animallifelineuk.org
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:55:23 PM by kelly-joy »

Link to CatChat