Author Topic: I want to foster!!  (Read 9747 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: I want to foster!!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 07:48:51 AM »
There you can relax now  :evillaugh:

I'll go have a look.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 00:17:33 AM »
 :wooooo: - finally!  :wow: Have just seen the pics - they're adorable  :Luv2:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 21:40:07 PM »
Cor they're brilliant. Well done SJ  :hug:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 20:24:19 PM »
trading growls throught he bars now,  :-: he is half scared n half fasinated i think  :rofl: (pics in general cat thread i cudnt wait  :-[ lol)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 20:13:02 PM »
 :wooooo: glad they have arrived, hopefully Twix will be ok after he has got over the shock of not being the only kitten in the house  :)

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 19:56:35 PM »
JaneyK that looks alot like what i looked like about a hour ago....... BUT THEY'RE HERE!!!!!  will post pics etc tomoz when they settled, twix isnt happy staring at them currently from the saftey of the cat tree lol  :rofl: :rofl: what have i let myself in for  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 19:51:05 PM »
 :evillaugh: will this do  :pull hair:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 18:21:49 PM »
Still waiting!!! Sheilarose we deffo need a smiley like that. Apparently its going to be sometime tonight so hopefully my wait is almost over!!!!
 :rofl: iv had a nap to try and pass the time but twix decided it was too out of the ordinary and jumped on my head so only got about a half hour lol

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 12:13:30 PM »
Can we have a smiley for drumming fingers, twiddling thumbs?

SJ, use the time to get some rest - I think you're going to need all the P&Q you can get before the happy event!

Good luck!  :luck: :relax:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 09:39:40 AM »
Thanks guys.

The house is spotless the dogs are bathed there is nothing more i can do but wait god i hate waiting having to physically stop myself from ringing her to see if there ready yet.  :rofl:

Forgot to tell you all she said it was 3 8 week olds b/w  :Luv: :Luv:  :rofl: :rofl:telling me that though is just like telling a kid you are going to a sweet/toy shop and you can eat/play with as much as u can but im not telling u when were going just that we are.  :sneaky:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
Looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of your fosters - Good Luck! :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 07:11:47 AM »
 :evillaugh: love your enthusiasm, good luck and keep us updated!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 23:17:21 PM »
:waiting:

Not long to go now!

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 22:15:17 PM »
still no fosters  >:(
But i was told it would be tomorrow... Can everyone send good luck vibes please.  :hug: :hug:
As u no i have no patience so all this waiting is doing me no good.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
Well i couldnt wait until monday so i popped along yesterday, karol was lovely, and had 2 kittens that she had been hand rearing since they were seven days unfortunatly there wasnt a good oppertunity to steal them but im sure ile get another chance!!! And the biggest fluffy monster babe iv ever seen!! Who kept interupting wanting a drink from the tap soooo cute lol

Ile be on six month trial period and then after that ile be able to rehome from my house atm ile take the little ones to her house to meet prospective homers and theyll be rehomed from there. She said that ile only ever have either a litter of kittens or one cat, or 2 if they are rescued together at a time. The vet they use is the one twix is registered with so thats good. And im under strict instruction that im not allowed to keep them all she sad it was ok if i decided i wanted one or 2 but as she has had 3 fosters who had to quit after they fostered up to 13 cats and kept them all  she didnt want me to just keep taking them in and keeping them forever :rofl: OH was very happy about that  :rofl:

Now its more waiting!!! But i was told that jean will ring me soon and then bring over a cage and everything and probably 2 kittens that came in yesterday!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have no patience!!!!  :rofl: going to keep myself busy cleaning house and looking for toys i can buy on pay day!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 22:29:37 PM »
 :thanks: ile remember that Helen!!  :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 22:26:17 PM »
:luck:

If Twix misbehaves you can always send him to me  :naughty:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 22:22:38 PM »
Good luck!!

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 21:04:18 PM »
Got the phone call iv been waiting ages for!!! Im going to meet the foster co-ordinater on monday night, so nervous  :help: :help:

So of course iim wanting everyone to be on best behaviour, so there all fighting like they never got on, eatiing toilet paper raiding bins, iv warned them they had best become angels if i get to a home visit.

Off to swot up now  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 18:41:07 PM »
More waiting!!! Have to wait until tomora for another person to ring me argh im no good at waiting!!

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 15:28:04 PM »
 RANG THEM them being catprotection and i have to ring back at half six, wat am i going to do til half six, beejezz need a foster cat now just not a patient person like also i need to stop typing "like" its bad enough saying it constantly, eeeeeeeeee i am so  :censored: excited!!!!!

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 14:49:12 PM »
Iv been trying but the ones im really after as they're closest and smaller so dont have bigger funds behind them dont operate at weekends obv cos theyre so small so im all impatient, the blue cross iv emailed and got the auto email reply, lol so iv spent today scrubbing the sapre room and fixing a lock to the door so critters can be quarentined (or how ever u spell that) turning into quite the DIY queen lol, dogs aint happy like wondering where theyre sunday walk is lol but twix is enjoying chasing the spiders that get uncovered.
Is there anything specific im going to need, apart from the essentials, first aid kits, carriers etc.
Im so excited da da da i just cant hide it u no u no u no i like it  :rofl: :rofl: honest been in such a good mood since i decided to do it lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 14:25:01 PM »
:luck: with it Sarah Jane  ;D I don't think we have any Durham based rescues on Purrs but that list that Janey posted will have all the ones local to you.

I've heard a few people in your position say that some rescues never even get back to them when they email offering to volunteer (I presume due to being so busy or not particularly internet savvy/focused). If you don't hear anything then I'd give them a quick ring  ;D

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 14:17:16 PM »
Iv emailed them!!!! I want it now lol im so impatient once iv decided on something lol. What they looking for when they do they house check so i can have it ready? Thanks Janeyk  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 14:01:42 PM »
Rescues are always in need in fosterers/volunteers so best of luck!

It may take a while for them to get back to you but fingers crossed.  If not there may some more rescues here you could contact:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/durham.html

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 14:02:48 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
I want to foster!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:20 PM »
Well after a hectic few days,  :Crazy: :Crazy: and some hard thinking and a bit of research and some twisting of OH arm :sneaky:  and a bit of bad/good news from work (depending on whether your my dog or my landlord) i am dropping hours so will be home alot, I have decided to foster. Never done nothing like it before but after talking to OH and him not wanting the commitment of another animal and me being me and knowing fine well if i rescue one i will want to rescue them all i thought well if you foster you kind of are rescueing more.. :sneaky: lol and if the what everyone says is true i  might end up keeping a few. ...  :sneaky: :rofl:

And reading posts on here of all your hard work and how many cats are needing homes atm i really want to give it a go. Iv emailed a few local rescues and havent really got anything back as of yet, but it is the weekend, but me being me i want it to happen now!! LoL so i thought id post on here see if this gets me anywhere today lol

Now im going to sort the spare room out and turn it into the cat room,  :rofl: :rofl: didnt mention that to OH  :rofl:
 Oh i live in durham thanks!!

Link to CatChat