Author Topic: hi all  (Read 2262 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: hi all
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, I'm just sorry it's in such tragic circumstances.

What happened to poor Solo was terrible but sadly seems to be happening more often.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs. So sorry to hear about Solo  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 23:21:35 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs ... I'm so sorry it's under such sad circumstances.  Solo was gorgeous and I hope karma catches up with the evil sods that did this to him.

Have signed the petition ans will post on my Facebook page as well.

RIP Solo xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
    • petition for changing airgun law
  • Slave to: solo(rip my angel 28/6/2011) & buttons
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 22:49:10 PM »
this is just tempory till the offical government one is up and running thanks for those whove signed  :) please spread the word  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 22:41:21 PM »
Here's the link to SolosDad's petition:

http://www.petitions24.com/change_the_laws_regarding_airguns_to_kill_and_harm_cats_and_dogs

If you 'sign' the petition using an email address you don't normally use then make sure you check it straight after you've signed as you have to confirm your signature by clicking on the link in the email.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 22:24:40 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, sorry it's under such sad circumstances  :(  :hug:

Have just read the article and what happened to poor Solo was absolutely despicable. As you say, there is little chance of proving who did it so I can only hope that Karma exists  >:(

RIP Solo, safe and sound at Rainbow Bridge by now xx

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
    • petition for changing airgun law
  • Slave to: solo(rip my angel 28/6/2011) & buttons
hi all
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 22:16:25 PM »
hi all
thought id join here just want to say hi and thx for having me here  i have a rather upsetting story my cat solo was tragicly taken away from me on june 28th my a idiot using a airgun he was shot twice yes twice i here u say it was done intentianly to maim and kill him and the worst thing is is i know who done it but cant prove it  :censored:  this makes me so angry  one pellet had broken his leg the other passed through is pelvis and ruptured his bowel at first the vet said it was a dog bite as there was 2 puncture wounds but when xrayed they seen 2  pellets there wasnt much we could do but to put him out of his pain and misery so i had to put him to sleep its been 2 weeks now and still greiving for him as we only had him for 12 months he was 2 and a bit and we got him from an rspca center last year he was the best so loving and the hardest part of all he was only out for five mins he was seen in the culdesac back of my house it was a quiet day and the only  people who were about was this guy his brother and his mate since that day ive hardly seen them ive reported this to the police i have a crime number i had an article put into my local paper heres the link http://www.osadvertiser.co.uk/news/ormskirk-news/2011/07/07/aughton-family-s-anger-after-cat-dies-after-being-shot-by-an-air-rifle-80904-29004186/
ive also spoke to my mp about this aswell and i have an online petition set up aswell to change or ban the use of airguns to harm or kill cats and dogs  i know nothing will get done about it but am trying to give aniamals a voice to be heard by the powers that be even if it makes it harder to own the guns to be used in peoples back gardens or on housing estates with heavy fines or jail if caught using one of these anywere other than special places to use them like gun clubs and fireing ranges  so please back me on this ill put link up on the petitons page on here  sorry my post is a bit long  :thanks:

Link to CatChat