Author Topic: very young ginger and white kitten, help needed rehome asap-Lincolnshire  (Read 4252 times)

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
the kitty train is now sorted, he will be starting his journey at about 6pm tomorrow. hes getting more outgoing by the minute, he will follow us as we walk around and talks to us loads.he also met our 2 guinea pigs today, and he decided although hes the same size if not a bit smaller than they are he would take them on (through the mesh of course) hes had a fun day and is curled up fast asleep at the moment  :Luv2: he also scared our 4 year old cat enough for him to flee the garden, all he did was pounce at a bumble bee  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
They do that.... ;) Seems the run's sorted. :) He'll never forget your kindness though, even if he's being a cat about it and probably not showing how grateful he is. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
yes dad said that even with the eye protection they provide the coal dust irritates, so i can imagine living there and being open to it all the time could cause some issues. believe it or not, hes had 4 baths and hes still a grey colour where he should be white. his ears have been cleaned numerous times but they are still black in there too. his eye goop gets a little less black each time they show up so i figure he is gradually cleaning out. hes just had 10 minutes racing about the garden, hes so full of energy now hes eating really well. really going to miss this little guy when he goes, even though hes only been here less than 24hours.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Limited finances can put you in an awful situation at times like this, don't feel too bad. :hug: And I saw on Facebook this morning about Chester Cat Care taking this little one in; people are actually on my FB profile currently figuring out who can cover what.... ;)

If there was a lot of coal dust where he was it may be that his eyes got a little bit irritated. He really is adorable.  :)

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
we think this little guy now has a rescue place available for him in a cat rescue in chester, just waiting to get confirmation and arrange his kitty train to get him there  ;D hope it all works out.

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
Re: very young ginger and white kitten, help needed rehome asap
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »
hey, yes i would put my location in the title but not sure how now  :-[

no, he hasnt been to a vet yet. i have been telling my dad for the past week and a half since i first knew he had him that he needs to see a vet, mainly due to his funny front leg as i was worried it may be hurting him (though watching him bounce around the living room now it doesnt seem to bother him at all!) his eyes dont really appear all that red to me, but his eyes do both have a ginger outline. ive just picked him up to check on the redness of them, and although pinky they dont look too bad. then again when i first saw him his eyes were caked full of coal dust still and he had black goop in the corners of his eyes  :( those feral cats must live an awful life!

i feel terrible not taking him to the vet myself, but we are absolutely broke at the moment, and given hes not our cat and he has been pretty much dumped on us i dont want to be paying out for this little guys treatment because my dad didnt want him. we have already had to rehome 2 of his pets in the past year and he seems to take it for granted that we will help him. he did pay out for flea treatment and for a decent wormer which he has had 2 doses of.

my main worry with this boy is with him being from a feral community of cats, im not sure if FeLV may be a concern, or any other contagious diseases etc. he seems very fit and healthy, very energetic, nice clear eyes and nose (apart from the dirty mark on the top of his nose where he buries his face in his wet food lol!) healthy looking poops,and a soft thick coat etc.

i will be ringing the RSPCA very soon i think and ask them what they think. dad said to just put him on freeads or something but im not happy to do this as im not 100% sure if he has any possible issues from his start in life, plus you never really know what life hes going to.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 00:45:40 AM »
He's adorable - has he had a vet check? Reason I'm asking is the rims of his eyes look a little redder than usual. Poor little guy.

Well done for helping him. :) Is it OK to put the location in your title?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 21:04:52 PM »
poor little thing

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 20:54:35 PM »
hi, i put it in my post but i guess it got a bit lost. he is here with us, at hemswell cliff in lincolnshire. he really needs to go asap as our 4 year old cat is refusing to come in the house and i dont think hes going tohang around long as hes terrified of other cats...for some reason especially kittens  :innocent:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 20:52:23 PM »
Kel can you advise where you are to give folks a hint he is rather gorgeous ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 20:45:51 PM »

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
very young ginger and white kitten, help needed rehome asap-Lincolnshire
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 20:45:17 PM »
very young ginger and white kitten, rescued by my dad when he saw a group of seagulls attacking something, went to find out what as they werent leaving it alone and found this small guy filthy dirty and scared to death. after a few hours in a cardboard box while dad finished work, he went home, they expected a grey kitten but when they bathed him he turned out ginger and white but hes still not 100% clean. my dad works at the coalworks so its coal dust this little guy was covered in. and they gradually tamed him over the past week and a half. there is a large colony of feral cats and this little kitten was one of them, he was hissing and spitting and nobody could touch him, now hes happy and purring and loves people.

hes been wormed and deflead, and fed up as he was terribly skinny. they have completely litter trained him in the past week too. he eats both wet and dry food. they would have kept him but on tuesday they had a new baby so the kitten simply wasnt getting the attention he needed. we have taken him in so that he isnt getting ignored and left in the cage but we cannot keep him and need to find him a new home asap. he does have a strange front paw, he walks and runs, jumps and everything, plays lots, but when he walks on it it is a bit of a different angle to the other front paw. they havent taken him to a vets as money was too tight, and it took a lot to convince them it was for the kittens best interest to rehome. we think it is a boy but dont know 100%.

we have a cat of our own, and he wont allow another cat in the house, so this little guy needs to find his own forever home asap. hes a beautifully marked ginger and white, with dark ginger stripes on his ginger patches, he has blue eyes at the moment but that could be due to his age. he is small, unsure on how old, but hes piling on the weight by the day and seems very healthy. he would need collecting from hemswell cliff in lincolnshire. he will go with whatever food is left over, there are several tins at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:31:17 AM by kel1982 »

Link to CatChat