Author Topic: Bea - needs to be queen Bea in her own home - Wales... (Homed)  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Bea - needs to be queen Bea in her own home - Wales... (Homed)
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 20:18:50 PM »
 :) Great news, I'll move this now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Re: Bea - needs to be queen Bea in her own home - Wales...
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 15:35:01 PM »
I am very pleased to report Bea has been in her new forever home since Wednesday and is doing very well indeed. Her new family love her to bits and are giving her all the love and fuss she deserves :)
I will be going to visit in a few weeks...I hope she will remember me...  :Luv:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 03:48:28 AM »
Thankyou Kittensmittens, it's very hard to rehome cats here in Pembrokeshire as there is a distinct lack of good rescues here. Nearest CP and RSPCA are Swansea and don't cover this area. Others are one man bands that are full up. Others I wouldn't put a rat in much less a cat  :'( I could never do that to Bea.
Yes, she does look peaceful doesn't she? She's adorable...until she sees my boys  :Crazy:

I'm so exhausted by the stress of it all...unable to eat or sleep properly...that it's hard to remain positive.
I can only hope the next few days brings some good news.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 21:00:38 PM »
aww what a shame- she looks so peacefull in her pic too! Some cats just need there own space though dont they :shy: there must be a place out there somewhere who would love a cat like Bea x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 13:53:07 PM »
It's OK, Sue. It's hard to admit when a cats personality isn't gelling and fitting into your already established group. You have to do what's best for all concerned and not be led by your absolute want to give the cat a loving home with you.  :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 13:11:00 PM »
Me too JS
After her awful start in life it's the least she deserves.
I wish it could be with me but if she doesn't settle soon it's not fair on her or my boys  :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »
Thanks Sue. Obviously, you knew for definite those things more than me. ;) She's adorable - I hope we can find her somewhere soon. :hug:

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:22 AM »
Thanks for this JS  :hug:

Just to clarify ... Bea is 2 1/2 not 5. She doesn't attack her own reflection as such but is very obviously bothered by it and gets *that look* in her eyes until she gets close enough to realise it's her.
She was spayed and vaccinated about 3 months ago and is up to date with flea and worm treatments.
She's such a darling little girl with people but she turns into a vicious ball of claws and teeth with other cats. She seems to have a real problem with one of my boys in particular...ironically the one who has been the most welcoming towards her.

We've gone right back to basics with the intro's and I'm doing everything I possibly can to try and successfully integrate them, but from what I've seen so far I'm not hopeful. If the right home is found for Bea then I think that would be best for all concerned...not least little Bea.

Thanks for reading and any questions please ask.

I've hopefully attached a better pic of Bea doing what she loves...soaking up the sun  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Bea - needs to be queen Bea in her own home - Wales... (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »
I'm posting this on behalf of a CatChat friend. It is with a heavy heart that she has to admit that Bea is just not cut out to sharing her home with other felines. I personally think it may be to do with the fact that she came from an overpopulated cat household and was unspayed so is likely to have got harassed by the males.

Bea is not especially old, I'd estimate about 5. She has shown massive amounts of aggression to the two male cats already living in the home she went to and will even try and attack her own reflection....But with people she is an utter sweetheart.

Due to Beas territorial nature and the fact she's never been outdoors, an indoor home is recommended for her. If you can help, please contact me. This is understandably fairly urgent due to it being stressful for all concerned parties.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 20:18:00 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat