Author Topic: Hi - New kitten in the house  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hi - New kitten in the house
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 19:16:52 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and so sorry of your loss  :hug:

I lost my nearly 18yr old boy in May and know how devasting it is but end of last week got a 10 1/2 month kitten, he is crazy and was neutered yesterday,

I so agree with Rosella cos he will climb and jump anything and I worry when he is quiet  :rofl:

Mittens is just sooooooooooo cute and hope you both have a long and happy life together  :hug:

Lupin has helped me so much in the last few days  ;D

Now where is he!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 15:50:13 PM »
Just beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

:welcome: to Purrs Pip  :)  Am so very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug: :hug: but so glad you have opened your heart to another furrie gal

Only one rule with kittens really, if you look at something and assure yourself "there's no way she can get up to mischief with that/in there"............... look again  :evillaugh: 

I'll start you off with a few warnings to the wise

Toilet lids...............down  :shify:
Open fires............. fire-guards  :shify:
Curtains..............prepare for climbing/ripping  :shify:
Tiny weeny little gaps that she couldn't possibly squeeze through....... block em   :shify:

Hope you enjoy it here  :)

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss, but how could you not fall in love with such an adorable face.
You will certainly have your work cut out having a new kitten in the house, but the joy they bring is unbelievable.
Our two are getting on now but they still have us laughing at their antics, bliss

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:11 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Mittens is adorable  :Luv:

So sorry for your recent loss  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 06:59:35 AM »
Hi Pip - welcome to Purrs to you and Mittens, and to Saffie too   :welcome:

Am sad to hear of your loss - we lost our 20 year old cat in April  :hug: :hug:   I think  it's lovely that you have Mittens now - she'll breathe new life into the house.  You can never predict anything with a kitten, except that if there's mischief, they'll find it, make ir or exacerbate it  :evillaugh:

Offline pip895

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mittens
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 23:45:06 PM »
Thanks for your kind replies. :)

Mittens has spent an exciting evening chasing a pingpong ball round and round the room.  She has even taken the presence of Saffi our 2 year old Working cocker in her stride. I wish I could say the same of Saffi - I am having to keep a tight hold on her whilst Mittens is arround - you can feel her shaking with excitment - hopfully she will calm down soon.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 22:44:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)
Your little Mittens is adorable and I'm sure she will have a wonderful life shared with you. No doubt your oldie will be watching over her from the bridge and nodding approval that she will have as good a life as them.
Your heart has plenty room to keep them all there- it just stretches to let them in x
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 20:18:17 PM »
 :welcome:

Mittens looks lovely. I do love the kitten phase. I love her face and markings.  :Luv:

There are loads of peeps here to give advice. I am sorry to hear of youre loss.

[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 18:10:55 PM »
omg mittens is so adorable i might have to come and steal her!!!! I love her colours on her face omg im in love!! Sorry about your loss.  :welcome:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 17:57:10 PM »
Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs  :)   Sorry to hear about the loss of your 20 year old cat  :hug:  Mittens is beautiful  :Luv: and am sure she will soon be creating havoc  :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 17:32:29 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Mittens is gorgeous, that little face!  :Luv: Sorry to hear about your recent loss  :hug: A new cat can never replace the one you have lost but believe me they will fill the days with joy and laughter instead of only sadness  :hug:

Offline pip895

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mittens
Hi - New kitten in the house
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 17:27:47 PM »
Hi we got our new kitten on Saterday - She is now 9weeks old and seems to be doing well and is into everything.  We got her from a friend who had an accidental litter.  :-:

I am after some advise as she is my first kitten and although OH has always had cats - he hasen't had a kitten for nearly 20years - our 20year old cat died a few weeks back

Mittens at 6 weeks

Link to CatChat