Author Topic: Feral cat wanting farm home with daily feeding and warm bed (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there have been no updates will move this now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Feral cat wanting farm home with daily feeding and warm bed
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:13:25 AM »
Any news please?

Offline sophie1971

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Jack
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 17:04:53 PM »
thanks for this. i have an igloo within a basket which should be ok... I am going to board the windows shut i think.  i am worried he will run off as soon as we open the door! poor thing.. should i climatise him to his new surroundings by keeping him in for a week or so?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 16:21:44 PM »
I'm not sure but could be adapted I would think? there are lots of ways to make it warm and cosy, maybe others will be along with advice.  You could ask in 'Cat Chat' section you may get more responses.

We adapted our potting shed for the ferals when we had the bad snow last year and it has glass but no opening windows.  We cut a small hole out of the front so they can get in (we bought a cat flap but not fitted it yet!) and so we could keep the door shut.   I put a couple of igloo beds in which they use, a larger bed and also a box.  I have fleeces in them to keep them warm and our two regulars use it a alot.

Offline sophie1971

• Kitten
thank you.. the area is London.. (battersea) but i can bring him anywhere wthin 2 hours :-).. I have had someone interested but she only has an old caravan with no windows for him to sleep in.. is this adequate? i feel this may be too cold in the winter.. Am i being too fussy? would he be ok? x
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 14:20:59 PM by sophie1971 »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 13:14:04 PM »
Hi Sophie  :welcome: it's a good idea to add the area to the title.  You can do this easily if you click on 'modify' top right of your post.

Best of luck finding a home for puss!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 13:16:34 PM by Janeyk »

Offline sophie1971

• Kitten
Hi there. i rescued a feral cat from my home recently and took it to Battersea cats home for rehoming. they are having trouble and i wanted to see if anyone on here can help. he is totally feral and will not come within 10 feet of anyone! he will need a warm bed and be fed daily... a farm or outside space would be ideal. please let me know if you can help or have any ideas.. Sophie x
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:34:16 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat