Author Topic: New here. I am hoping to adopt 2 kittens soon  (Read 6032 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: New here. I am hoping to adopt 2 kittens soon
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 07:00:15 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs!

Congratulations on your new additions, it's good that you're getting 2 kittens as they can keep oneanother company  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 22:11:19 PM »
Hurrah!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2011, 21:33:56 PM »
Wonderfful  ;D

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Missy
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2011, 20:48:05 PM »
I get the kittens on Thursday thank you guys for your support 

Good luck  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 20:18:40 PM »
Great news  ;D

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 19:57:30 PM »
I get the kittens on Thursday thank you guys for your support  :thanks:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 17:12:19 PM »
Keeping my finger crossed  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 15:53:14 PM »
Good luck  ;D

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 15:52:22 PM »

Still waiting for rescue centre to visit me today  :-: They did call to say they would be coming at some stage today. Will let you know re: Outcome, thanks for asking  :thanks:

Are you approved?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 15:49:28 PM »
Are you approved?

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 21:11:07 PM »
Haha  :rofl: not at problem at all. Mum or dad, the main thing we all love animals and care for their well being.  :thanks:

:-[ :-[  Deeply embarrassed - was trying to ignore did not know whether Lost Souls was male or female, but there yer go - rumbled.....    :-[ :-[

Dads is as good as Mums.  Whatever - hoping home check goes really well.  Have this to come to - we lost our Pad in April and it's been twenty years since we had a kitten.   Apologies for my gauche response -  Lost as to what you do, where you go, what they say........ but hoping you get a good result!    :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2011, 21:08:00 PM »
 :-[ :-[  Deeply embarrassed - was trying to ignore did not know whether Lost Souls was male or female, but there yer go - rumbled.....    :-[ :-[

Dads is as good as Mums.  Whatever - hoping home check goes really well.  Have this to come to - we lost our Pad in April and it's been twenty years since we had a kitten.   Apologies for my gauche response -  Lost as to what you do, where you go, what they say........ but hoping you get a good result!    :hug:

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 18:10:54 PM »
I will know tomorrow if I am a suitable candidate or not, so nervous to be honest as I so want to adopt 2 kittens. Thanks for all your support  :thanks:

Quote from: Gill (sneakiefeline) link=topic=38139.msg674121#msg674121

date=1309605434
:welcome: to Purrs, an another dad is always welcome  ;D

Sounds like you are an ideal candidate for rehoming too and Celia Hammond does great work.

I brought home a 10 1/2 month kitten just over 24 hrs ago and I already have 3 other cats and was sorta thinking it may have been better with two of him but I just couldnt cope with 5 LOL

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, an another dad is always welcome  ;D

Sounds like you are an ideal candidate for rehoming too and Celia Hammond does great work.

I brought home a 10 1/2 month kitten just over 24 hrs ago and I already have 3 other cats and was sorta thinking it may have been better with two of him but I just couldnt cope with 5 LOL

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 23:48:39 PM »

hahaha You mean Dad.........men also like cats and their welfare  :)

Seriously treasure, you sound like an excellent candidate for an adoptive mum.   :hug: :hug:

That made me giggle! they do indeed but theyre also a minority group on here  :evillaugh:  :welcome: to purrs, good luck for your homecheck- although i dont think youll need it!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 22:45:47 PM »
Just seen this - I do indeed. (Among the mini zoo inhabitants. ;)) My two are called Cthulhu and Shudde M'ell. ;)

Welcome to Purrs! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 21:09:47 PM »

hahaha You mean Dad.........men also like cats and their welfare  :)

Seriously treasure, you sound like an excellent candidate for an adoptive mum.   :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 21:08:00 PM »

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 20:47:08 PM »
I have looked after other neighbours cats and brought up 5 strays for 18 years but never had a cat in the house unless the strays were not well. One of them was very tame and would often follow me indoors. Now that they have all gone I am restless and need not one but 2 so they keep each other company while I am at work during the day. other half works shifts so will be in during the day too. I feel i have so much to offer and totally against buying from petshops or online. Supporter of Celia Hammonds for years and now involved in a rescue centre in Turkey. I do hope all this will count for something, will keep you all informed on Sunday  :thanks:

Welcome to the forum.
You sound as if you have so much to offer that I'm sure you will be a great choice for the rescue to place some needy kittens in. Sometimes there are cats with special needs that must be indoor only and others are indoor as they need to be for safety. We adopted two kittens from the RSPCA and they have been such a joy. I know Bradford branch does adopt to indoor only if the situation is right.
Our cats have chosen themselves to stay pretty much indoors. They do go out in a cat proof area but I would hate anything to happen to them so never encourage them out. They are very content yet still retain their happy cat attitude to life and I'm sure they miss out on nothing. Siblings are a great choice as they get on, are used to each other and play and keep each other amused.
Can't wait to hear how Sunday goes and good luck :)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 19:40:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
You sound as if you have so much to offer that I'm sure you will be a great choice for the rescue to place some needy kittens in. Sometimes there are cats with special needs that must be indoor only and others are indoor as they need to be for safety. We adopted two kittens from the RSPCA and they have been such a joy. I know Bradford branch does adopt to indoor only if the situation is right.
Our cats have chosen themselves to stay pretty much indoors. They do go out in a cat proof area but I would hate anything to happen to them so never encourage them out. They are very content yet still retain their happy cat attitude to life and I'm sure they miss out on nothing. Siblings are a great choice as they get on, are used to each other and play and keep each other amused.
Can't wait to hear how Sunday goes and good luck :)
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 17:16:18 PM »
Thank you ever so much, I do hope its a yes decision on Sunday  :thanks:

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

:crossed: for Sunday, lI'm sure it will be just fine - et us know how you get on  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 17:09:30 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

:crossed: for Sunday, lI'm sure it will be just fine - et us know how you get on  ;D

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 15:29:25 PM »
I can cope with that  :sneaky: I love cats. When I was in Turkey I got involved with the local rescue out there. So many unwanted animals out there. I liased with the rescue and came up with some ideas how to raise money/food. One of them was involving day trips for school to visit the rescue, the aim was to:

- Raise awareness about pet responsibility - See it first hand what happens to unwanted pets
- Ask every child when visiting to donate a tin of food/money

This seems to have worked, just received an email that the rescue has collected so much food to last them for a while  :Luv:

Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs. Hope your home visit goes well and you soon have two gorgeous kittens causing havoc  :evillaugh: ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 15:08:44 PM »
Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs. Hope your home visit goes well and you soon have two gorgeous kittens causing havoc  :evillaugh: ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 14:01:50 PM »
Yes, JS has giant land snails - Jackspratt.   

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 14:00:29 PM »
don't worry I'm sure Celia Hammond must rehome to lots of indoor homes - someone else on here has snails too

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 13:54:36 PM »
I know i shouldnt but I have. 

Why shouldn't you?  Demonstrates a positive mental attitude in my book - an excellent quality in a prospective kitty parent.  :evillaugh:  Am sure you'll get the go-ahead  :hug:

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 13:49:16 PM »
I am based in canning Town, Celia Hammomds is the rescue I will be adopting from. I am so excited but also very nervous they say no! I have been shopping for bits and pieces already. I know i shouldnt but I have.  :Crazy:

I am against buying from Petshops therefore I would rather adopt. I have 5 Netherland Dwarfs and 6 GALS ( Giant African Land Snails) I hope its a yes decision on Sunday :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 13:40:52 PM »
Hi there - welcome to Purrs!    :welcome:

Oooo - exciting.   :wow:  Well, a lot depends on what criteria your local rescues require and it differs greatly from area to area, and on how full the rescues are (this time of year can be particularly busy) but many people keep cats solely as house cats without any difficulty, so I don't think you should have too many problems by the sounds of it.  Whereabouts are you based - there may be Purrs members near you who can advise what the local rescues generally look for in a desirable home check.    I think it will help that you're looking to re-home two kitties too.  Many rescues like their cats to go in pairs.

Wishing you every good luck for Sunday, and look forward to hearing about the puds you decide to get.    :)

Offline lostsouls65

• Adult Cat
New here. I am hoping to adopt 2 kittens soon
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
I have looked after 5 stray cats for 18 yrs. Recently lost the last one so now we feel its time to adopt 2 kittens. I live on the first floor and quite worried they will reject me on the grounds we do not have straight access to the garden. I am due a visit on Sunday by the rescue for a chat etc. House is kitten friendly and we have all have our own gardens.

Any advise guys?  :Luv:

Link to CatChat