Author Topic: Urgent 3yr B&W girl Hants (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent 3yr B&W girl Hants (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 08:35:31 AM »
As there have been no updates will move this to sorted now  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Urgent 3yr B&W girl Hants
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »
Any news please?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 19:47:20 PM »
You would be best ringing round all the rescues in your area if you've not already done so:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/hants.html

You need to get puss on a waiting list if the rescues are full then she will eventually get a place. 

The other thing you could ask is if they will do 'Direct Homing' where they find the home whilst the cat is with you.  This can be helpful if rescues are full.

Best of luck.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 19:47:57 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Sue50

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 18:52:03 PM »
Thanks. That is exactly what we are worried about how she would adapt to confinement. But the winter is fast approaching and i would never forgive myself if i woke up one morning and found her frozen to death.  :(

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: skittycat
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 18:05:12 PM »
Hi Sue

I would take her, but hopefully will be taking in the pregnant cat with the kittens in the other thread.  If she's happier being outdoors, then perhaps she might appreciate being left where she is for the summer and we can then see if some other shelters can take her in the autumn.   I'm very near Battersea, who don't sound like they are over run at the moment.  I could even foster her later once the kittens have all been re-homed. 

She sounds a lot like a cat I had 15yrs ago, so I could cope with her feistiness, but generally that type get miserable being confined and shelters might find it difficult to re-home her if she greets everyone with a slash !

Offline Sue50

• Kitten
Urgent 3yr B&W girl Hants (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 16:29:40 PM »
Katie is a gorgeous 3 yr black and white female fully innoculated, speyed and house trained.
She is in Hampshire although we are prepared to travel with her to the right home.
Katie was living with her brother but despite him being done he still decided to get amorous with Katie who promptly moved out and started to live rough in our road. This resulted in her eating rat poison and very nearly dying. The vet has made her better now but she cannot go home and the local rescues are full hence the vet suggesting pts. This has meant she is now living in my shed and been fed by us. Unfortunately my husband has an allergy to cats so she cannot come into the house and obviously cannot live for ever in my shed.
She has a lovely temperment, a very loud purr and equally loud miaows with the most amazing green eyes. She deperately needs an experienced cat owner with no children. She is a very independent lady preferring the outdoors to in except in severe weather. She will tolerate cuddles on her terms ending with a swift paw swipe when she has had enough.
Please contact me if you can help but all prospective new owners will be homechecked first.
Many Thanks Sue xxx
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:35:19 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat