Author Topic: HOME fOUND!!!Two elderly ladies in Kent (mother and daughter) urgently need home.  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Thats wonderful and agree it would be great if their were so many more lovely people who really cared for cats  ;D

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Yes it is ok to move the post now.

Funnily enough Tony is the chap who sits next to me at work!  We were all talking about the poor cats and he called his wife and she agreed that they couldn't let the poor things go to a rescue shelter at their age so they are going to their new house tomorrow!

And if they don't fit in there then another colleague has said she could have them.  People are SO KIND. Why isn't everybody like that?

Regards

Jo

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :-: I notice the first post has been edited to homed!

that's great news blimey - what happened, who has offered a home so soon and is it ok to move?

eta:  :wow: GREAT - we must have crossposted  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 13:18:50 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
Hi,

Just to let you know that Brandy and Chelsea are moving in with Tony, his wife and their three geriatric cats tomorrow so there is a happy ending and well done Tony for helping
out, he is a complete star.  They'll be happy there as they are far away from a main road and will have loads of places to doze and a lovely garden to tootle about in.

Thank you all for your comments.

Jo

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Two elderly ladies in Kent (mother and daughter) urgently need home.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 22:00:39 PM »
I suppose he has tried negotiating with the landlord,offering to make good any damage(not that will be any) pity these landlords have a fixed attitude. :(  My cats are 17,16 and maybe 15,i don't know what i'd do in this situation.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 19:17:10 PM »
Hi,

I think the landlord is being reasonable in that they are there at the moment but he doesn't want them there permanently.  Personally I just don't get what the problem is but that's me (and probably all of you as well)

I would take them like a shot if this were my house but Mum is a bit weird about stuff, I had to fight to get our two rescue cats, she adores them now, but I really had to grovel to get them in the first place.

There's a thought.......Does anybody want rehome a geriatric woman?  Then I could have the geriatric cats.

Thank you for your comments, I am sure something will turn up.

Jo

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 14:05:58 PM »
I'm sure he's already explored this but just in case he hasn't...

He could try offering an increased deposit and/or offer to get carpets professionally cleaned on his exit. When I moved to a rented house with my 15 year old cat the place we were interested in said 'no pets' in the advert but when I explained that she was an elderly housetrained cat the landlord was happy for us to move in.

Hope he can get something sorted either way, must be devastating for him  :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 13:31:06 PM »
Good luck with these.

we have priorities on top of priorities at the moment....

no new homes coming forward and mums and kittens running amok in gardens and nothing we can do about it.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 13:20:40 PM »
Hi Jo, when does the chap need to move? he needs to mention how urgent the situation is when he contacts the rescues as they will be given priority.  Has he tried all the ones listed here?

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/kent.html

there may be some he's not yet tried.

Best of luck for him.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
Hi everyone,

A chap at work urgently needs to rehome his two elderly ladies Brandy and Chelsea because the place he has had to move to will not accept pets (but they will allow children.   go
figure).  They are (I think) 16 and 17 years old, friendly, docile and healthy.

He lives in medway area of Kent and has had to move due to a breakup. He is really heartbroken, he has tried all the local sanctuaries but they are full to bursting.
He can't bear the thought of having them put to sleep but it is getting very desperate now.

If anybody can help or have any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you for reading.

Jo
 ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 13:12:51 PM by jo.austin2010 »

Link to CatChat