Author Topic: Found Old mid-teen Boy - OWNER FOUND!!!!!!  (Read 14217 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Found Old mid-teen Boy - OWNER FOUND!!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 16:52:43 PM »
Have a great holiday MarleyMoo  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 13:35:51 PM »
WooWoo!! I'm so pleased to read this, my jaw just dropped  :evillaugh: I've kept thinking about this little chap.

I bet they're both so happy, and well done you too for all your efforts  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »
I subtly mentioned chipping, or at the very least a collar with contact details on. He said he'll be indoor only now, but apparently he only pottered in the garden and never went far... until 2 weeks ago! I said about the high risks from him being partially-sighted and his poor hearing, and that on top of that, was going a little senile, so would get himself lost easily. The guy really loves him, and I think he'll be safe  :) But I had to say my piece subtly for my own peace of mind!
The worst bit is he went missing on the Thursday, and the guy went into the vets to say he was missing on the following Monday (when he was still in the kennels, I took him the Friday after!) and the receptionist took his details for the lost book, but said there were no cats in!!!  I was furious, let alone the poor man!! So, I shall be having a few words when I next go in, and gently remind them to 'ask the nurses!'
Anyway, off to pack... now I can have my weeks' holiday happy in the knowledge that there's been one happy ending  :Luv:
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2011, 00:28:29 AM »
Well, Onyx has been reunited with him dad  :Luv: He was so pleased to see him, and had been worrying like mad...
Lots of cuddles and a definite indoor cat from now on... ideal since he can't see, can't hear much and was most obviously a little senile...
I love a happy ending  :briggin:
Now... note to critters... I will be on holiday for a week, so please don't get into trouble... wait until I get home at least  :rofl: (It's a matter of time!)

That last line made me laugh  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2011, 21:06:11 PM »
Fantastic!  :wow: He was such a lucky boy that you took him in - it doesn't bare thinking about what might have happened to him if you hadn't stepped forward to look after him  :shy:  :hug: Did you mention microchipping to him in case he gets out again?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2011, 21:04:26 PM »
great news, so he wasn't an indoor cat and had just wandered off?

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2011, 21:03:00 PM »
Well, Onyx has been reunited with him dad  :Luv: He was so pleased to see him, and had been worrying like mad...
Lots of cuddles and a definite indoor cat from now on... ideal since he can't see, can't hear much and was most obviously a little senile...
I love a happy ending  :briggin:
Now... note to critters... I will be on holiday for a week, so please don't get into trouble... wait until I get home at least  :rofl: (It's a matter of time!)

Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 20:06:08 PM »
So happy his owner has found this old boy,lovely. :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2011, 15:58:25 PM »
That has absolutely made my day  ;D I will confess now to having had a little dream about him where his owner had been found, maybe it was premonition  :evillaugh:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2011, 13:32:27 PM »
I am so pleased  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 13:31:48 PM »
Woo hoo ...excellent news xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 13:26:22 PM »
Just such wonderful news  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 13:03:28 PM »
how brilliant and well done to you for being so persistant

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
that is good news!!!!
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Re: Found Old mid-teen Boy - OWNER FOUND!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
I am really pleased to say this little old boy's owner has been found  :) :) :)
Came back from walking the dogs and there was a message on the answer phone... turns out this big old guy is late teens, and is called Onyx!! He described him perfectly - from his collar, to his nails, to him being blind in one eye after a car accident. The man is really relieved, and is coming for him this evening when he can get a lift (has no car) :briggin:
He said he normally never gets the local paper, but he was out last night and someone he knows had seen the paper and told him it was his cat! All his friends knew he was missing.
Apparently, he called into my vets (where Onyx had been taken) a week ago to say he was missing, but someone at the vets (a receptionist) said they knew nothing about a cat being brougt in  :-: Will have to mention that one when I call in...
So, a happy ever after for this old Mr. Onyx  :Luv: YAY!!!
Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ah bless him, he's just being defensive.  My Pep tends to be like that they're only being cautious and getting one in first just in case :naughty:

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Still no calls... still got everything crossed... It's just the weirdest scenario  :'(
He's quite a feisty boy, too. When he senses being near any of the other cats, he tries to swipe them and they run a mile  :naughty:
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Some of these cases are a right mystery aren't they.

Still hoping the owner is found, you could be right though.  I'm still thinking maybe he's got lost because of the nails, they do grow pretty quick and if they've recently been clipped someone has been caring for him recently.  Then again people just do abandon cats, beats me how anyone can but some folk just do apparently.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Well... so far, no calls. Let's hope the weekend sees people reading the paper. Starting to wonder if he's been an older person's cat, and been put out if something's happened to them... or just plain dumped. Hate not knowing, for his sake. He hears me moving and follows my sound, bless him. And if you go near him, he puts his paw out and touches your shoe, as if he's checking it's me in front of him  :Luv:
Ah, just keeping things crossed... but my gut tells me if they never called round the vets, there's little hope  :(
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Keeping fingers crossed, hope he enjoyed his brekkie no 2  :Luv:

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Well, I've been out all morning, and picked up the Journal paper.  He's in it with a little write-up. Soon as I got home, I was hoping to see a red-flashing light on the answer phone, but nothing yet. It's still early days, so hopefully the owners or someone who knows who's cat he belongs to, will phone up.
In the meantime, it's breakie number 2 for the old boy  :Luv:
Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
:crossed: for tomorrow  :shy:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Aww bless him  :Luv:

Very best of luck - keeping fingers crossed for him xx

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Well, he's had first and second breakfast today, and first and second lunch, too! He's really heavy, but is in no way fat, just a real big lad.
He's decided it's much better to go do his biz in the litter tray in the cat's room, rather than in his own tray in the office and make a nearby smell!! so, now that's out of the way, he's had a fuss and a cuddle, and gone back to sleep!!  :Luv:
Got everything crossed there'll be a call once he's in the paper tomorrow...
Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I do hope his owner sees the journal  :hug: :hug:

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
A little update on this boy...

Well, he's generally much more settled, but this morning has decided to have a major wandering session. I've taken him into the cat run for a safe wander, and he had a sniff around. He does seem to lose where the litter trays are sometimes, even thought they've not been moved, but he'll wander until he finds it to do his business. I wish he could settle more, as I hate seeing him look lost. Must be so, so scary for him being in a new house. Once he does settle, he gets sprawled out, and off into cat dream world.

Really hoping something comes when his story goes in the Grantham Journal on Friday... I'm actually on holiday from Tuesday for a week (a nurse friend furry kid sitting for the week) so I hope someone comes forward before then.

He's currently munching on some Royal Canin Mature dry, but more ends up outside the dish than in it! He tucks into his wet food like a JCB though!

Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
It's a pity we couldn't put his story in the newspapers,he looks really relaxed.I too wondered if his owner was elderly.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Well, he's just had a big lunch, lied on his bed for a wash, and then went into the bathroom to have another kip on the cool wooden floor!!  :Luv: Bless him.
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
He is lovely, look at those black pads on his white feet  :Luv2:  I do hope his owner is found.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
awww what a sweet boy x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
He's so lovely  :Luv:

My Pep was hyperthyroid, hypertensive and on istin but the sometimes make him sick.  His recent check he was fine though.

Keeping my fingers crossed his owner is traced.

If it's an elderly person may not have internet access or know what to do if puss is lost, that sometimes happens -  so sad.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
He is wonderful and sure some one is missing him so much but why arent they looking......sigh

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
And here he is... having a little snooze in his 'safe place' in the office with me...  :Luv:

Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
I think he's got lost/got out by accident, and was found wandering.
Gonna get his BP checked. My second to last oldie was Hyperthyroid and Hypertensive, so she was on 1/4 Istin one day and 1/6 Instin the other, and Vidalta 10mg one day and 15mg the next!! Bless little old Agatha! Took some balancing out with her!!
His pupils are fixed and dilated - no change in them at all - and he's always walking head down, sniffing his way around.  He's back to snoozing in his 'safe place' in the corner on his fleece, bless him.
Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
He sounds a lovely boy and maybe he got himself lost after wandering.

Blind cats find there way around very well once they are used to it. I wonder if he has BP problems cos this often causes sight probs.

Do his eyes look all black or do they chop and change. Kocka my old cat had detaching retinas and was on a quarter of a tiny tab a day, sometimes she was blind and other times she could see shadows.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
He's fine. Still a bit wandery, but to be expected. He does settle more now, and tends to wander into whatever room he sees fit and plonks down for a snooze  :)

He's def blind... I've been trying to assess him in different situations, and it's almost like he only slightly sees shapes/shadows/light/dark. He doesn't see the other cats, and can't see his food dish, he has to follow his nose, bless him. He circles a lot, again, I think because he doesn't know the rooms and is a little worried, and he's sniffing everywhere. He's clean, and is using any litter tray he finds! He had an accident the first night, and weed on the big bed I put in for him, but that, too, has to be expected. Now he's found where bed/litter etc is, he's fine, and I haven't moved anything now he knows where things are.

My feeling is I'd be very surprised if he'd get into a vehicle, just because he can't see and he tends to steer clear of anything he needs to climb/navigate. But, you never know.

I think the paper will run the found ad next Friday, as it's a weekly paper. They may run it on their website, but it wasn't on there as of yesterday.

He's eating really well too, and his water's next to the food dish. He's a good weight, I'd say about 4kg, as in nicely hydrated.

Fingers still crossed someone comes forward...

Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Wonder whether the L & F registers could be checked further afield - I don't know how easy this would be, as I've never been in the situation but just considering if this is puss is blind and has hopped on a van e.g. miles away and the owner has reported him missing? everything indicates he has a home, poor puss.

How is he btw?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:25:35 PM by Janeyk »

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
It's so worrying isn't it? You would have thought that an owner would surely have put out an alert before now.I hope you soon get a result. He looks good.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Glad that he's settled down a bit now, fingers crossed he's reunited with owner.  Give him a big snuggle from me please  :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
Re: Old mid-teen Boy - Appears to be blind/partially sighted
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 14:34:45 PM »
What a lovely old boy  :Luv2:  I hope his owner or a new home can be found for him.

Link to CatChat