Author Topic: Paws Inn Rescue - Upsetting news  (Read 5318 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Paws Inn Rescue - Upsetting news
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 20:18:22 PM »
Summer Open day tickets and donations can be paid by card or paypal account using the paypal secure system.

If you would like to donate to Paws Inn via paypal secure system (you can donate by paypal account or by any cards without having a paypal account),  Please use this link to go direct to secure paypal Paws Inn Donations page (as screen print below) to enter your donation. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PLL4ATFG54QTE

Please enter your donation amount and then click UPDATE button
To donate by card payments without a paypal account, please select the continue button on the left
To use your paypal account simply log on using the right hand paypal logon.

Paypal account holders - If you prefer to logon to your account and send money that way the email to send your donation to is donate@pawsinncatrescue.co.uk

All donations are collected by Purrs and will be bank transferred to the Paws Inn bank account.

Thanks you so much for your support for Paws Inn.  :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 20:23:56 PM by Tan »

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 15:17:36 PM »

Paws Inn are holding our summer open day on 6th August from 1pm to 5pm and we are opening our doors to supporters for the final time to thank everyone for all their help and contributions over the last 20 years.

It is with great sadness and after much soul searching that we have to announce that we have now closed our doors to new residents and we will fully close once we have found perfect homes for all our remaining guests. We need to continue fundraising to support our current residents until that time. 

It is time that Teresa and Rob had a rest from caring for cats and spent some well deserved time to themselves. We thought that an open day would be the perfect way to celebrate all the lives that have been saved by the Inn over the years and give supporters a chance to share their stories (and maybe think about adopting another cat!).

As always, the open day will include a few fundraising treats for attendees.  This will include a Paws Inn Visitor Book where the slaves of former Paws Inn residents can pay £1 and have the chance to include a photo of their gorgeous cat and some words about them.  This will be a living memory of all the thousands of cats that owe their lives to the Inn. Please don't forget to bring a photo!

A delicious Paws Inn afternoon tea is included in the admission charge.

If you would like to visit then please email pawsinn@aol.com for contact details and directions.

Admission is £5 for adults and £2.50 for children (includes afternoon tea).

We look forward to seeing you or if you can't make it then a donation would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Paws Inn Cat Rescue, Weaverham
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 16:24:14 PM by ClaireR »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2011, 13:08:47 PM »
Very sad news indeed but Teresa has done amazing work with so many furries.  The babes on the Paws Inn website that are up for rehoming look so healthy and well cared for and that's down to Teresa's dedication.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 17:04:07 PM »
there comes a time where you have to put yourself and loved ones first.  Many lives have been saved thanks to Paws Inn but now its time for Teresa to take care of herself.

keep well :hug: :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »
I don't know Teresa personally,but i have read of all the wonderful work she has done with all the furries.Concentrate on getting your self well now Teresa. :Luv:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 11:18:42 AM »
Very sad news but totally understandable. Its been amazing how long T has managed to keep the inn whilst struggling with her health. The babies that have been helped in that time are so lucky.
I so wish I could take on a baby to help but I have to be practical.....I dont have the money and Amber would hate it.

Sendling love and hugs to T and her family
love
tab

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 09:24:40 AM »
Sad news, but probably the best decision - Teresa is definitely a hero of rescue but rightly the time has come for her to concentrate
on herself and spend time with family.

Teresa your hard work and determination is inspirational. Thinking of you all
xxx

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 22:02:30 PM »
It is with sadness that I read this but I fully understand it.  Sending all my best wishes to Teresa and her family.  I know what a hard decision it must have been and I know that even though it has been made, Teresa will be feeling bad for making it, but the time has come for her to be with her family and friends, with no worries about the rescue side of things.

The work she has done has been amazing and I know I will never match that, but will continue to try and carry on with people like her as my inspiration. :Luv2: :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 20:56:52 PM »
I find it amazing that one rescue has done so much for so many furbabies - Teresa is a true inspiration and if there were more people with her huge heart and dedication in this world it would be such a better place. xxx
There are so many furbabies alive and healthy today thanks to Teresa and on behalf of all of them a huge THANKYOU xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 18:49:28 PM »
Teresa , you should be so so proud of what you have acheived. Paws Inn will be sadly missed. :hug:

I second thatI

I third that.

There have been so lucky cats to have past through those doors.

It is a sad day  :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 18:46:33 PM »
Teresa , you should be so so proud of what you have acheived. Paws Inn will be sadly missed. :hug:

I second that

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 18:36:46 PM »
She is an amazing woman. I love Auntie T xx

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 18:22:18 PM »
Teresa is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met in my life and I am honoured to call her a  friend.

I second that.

I hope Teresa isn't actually readng this thread because I would also like to add that it is getting on for 2 years now since she has been well enough to do fundraising as well as looking after the cats so it doesn't take a genius to work out that she has been 'subsidisng' Paws Inn from her own pocket.  If she was a millionaire that wouldn't be a problem but she isn't.  Dedication on that level is rare indeed.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 18:15:48 PM »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 18:04:44 PM »
There are two cuties I have fallen in love with! Working on Sean for one ha ha ha!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 17:56:13 PM »
A HUGE loss to cat rescue, but you have to think of yourself now T.  :Luv2:   I talk about Paws Inn as much as Cramar, both amazing places!   ;D Lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and all the family and special munches to all the furry family  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 16:52:31 PM »
Teresa and all the staff of paws Inn have always gone the extra mile and more for any cat/kitten in need - all sorts wether pedigree, domestic or my soft spot and T's her amazing ferals

It is a sad day but the current residents are all safe and warm and now Aunty T needs to put herself first I'm sure surrounded by a mass of furry babies xx

Aunty T an inspiration and Protector to so many xx ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 16:05:31 PM »
Definitely an inspiration within the rescue world. Paws Inn looks an amazing place and some of the kittens that have pulled through are nothing short of miracles.

Thinking of Teresa and her family and hoping that the current Paws Inn residents all get wonderful homes soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 15:50:08 PM »
Teresa is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met in my life and I am honoured to call her a  friend.

Paws Inn has helped so many fluff bums throughout the years and I have seen first hand the dedication and love T has for each and every one of them that has passed through the doors of the Inn.   Without the Inn I wouldn't have my best boy Junior Officer Ripley who I absolutely adore and sleep with every night of my life,  he really is my 'teddy bear',  oh and mustn't forget Kenny The Kitten,  he is the craziest cat ever who has recently taken to running around with a pair of my knickers in his mouth (clean I might add).

In all seriousness, I know you have struggled to keep the Inn open for the past few years T because of your health,  but now really is the time to think of yourself and  I am absolutely sure the current residents of the Inn will get fabulous homes

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 15:29:42 PM »
I echo what Dawn and Helen have said  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 15:23:07 PM »
Very sad news but the scale of how many cats Teresa has saved over the years is just mind blowing - a very special lady no doubt about it  :hug:

I hope that the remaining Paws Inn residents can find the best homes that they so deserve  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 15:10:43 PM »
sad news but really best for Teresa, I hope she can rehome the gang as soon as possible and enjoy some peace

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Paws Inn Rescue - Upsetting news
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 14:46:04 PM »
Many of us know that our Teresa is not well and It's with a very heavy heart i make this post to let you all know that Paws Inn doors are now closed to new arrivals and that the Inn will close forever once all the cats are homed.

I know i speak for all of us in saying how much love and respect we have for Teresa for the lives she has saved, deeply loved and found wonderful forever homes. There have been so so many (near 5000). So many furry hearts Teresa has given a loving 2nd chance for a wonderful cared for life. There are special people in this world that put the lives of others and animals before their own, dedicate their life to saving others. They are our heros' and Teresa is one of these special people.  :Luv: :Luv:

If you have a wonderful loving forever home to offer to the Paws Inn gorgeous babes- http://www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk/rehome.php , Please contact Paws Inn by email - pawsinn@aol.com for more info.

My love and support will always, always be with Teresa and her family and i am sure all of you will join with me in giving Teresa and her family as much support as possible.  :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat