Author Topic: Introducing a few of our Harbour Babies awaiting homes...  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Introducing a few of our Harbour Babies awaiting homes...
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 13:43:16 PM »
Wonderful babes hun and all so lucky to have found the best care at the harbour  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Beau sounds & looks adorable .. i do love the cheeky ones I would prob end up letting him get away with more than he should  :evillaugh:  :shy:

Would love to come and catnap em all   :Luv: :Luv:

Sending loads of cuddles for them and hugs to you , Paul and Bab Ross  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
oh Gillian... Beau is a wee devil when it comes to other cats.  Essentially lacking social skills but he gets so carried away he lays right into other cats.  Poor wee SunnyJim who made the fatal mistake to run into the cat room as I went through the door a couple of weeks ago got his head well kicked I was just thankful I was there to stick my foot between them so he didn't do any damage... though not the best plan to try and split up 2 kitties while 7.5mths preggo... so glad Paul was within shouting distance :rofl: :rofl:  it was a sight to behold! lol

Our plan for Beau is to find him a home of his own where he has lots to keep him stimulated and give him 12 months to see how he settles into his true character and consider then whether he could be paired with another cat.  He's not bad just gets very over excited, very quickly and thus becomes very hard to control and calm down.

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 00:26:31 AM »
I am so torn, I LOVE Beau and form the sounds of it would give Dave a heck of a run for his money :evillaugh:

I also have a massive huge soft spot for little Willow (on another thread) and her babies because, um, I was sort of responsible for her going to the Harbour :innocent:

I will be rehoming a Harbour baby very soon, I will! Just need to finds me a job first................

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 23:51:06 PM »
Beau is a very cheeky wee lad Gillian... think your furkids would emigrate! lol ;)  I know I keep out his way on his daft half hours! lol  but on the other side it is great to see as he has his mojo back and is no longer this quiet, meek, frightened wee boy... though I wouldn't mind if he was just a 'tad' less bolshy lol

Is he bolshy with other cats?

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 15:39:06 PM »
Some terribly sad stories behind these gorgeous furbabes! Just LUUUUUUURRRRVVVEEE Audi.  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Thank God they all ended up with you and have been looked after and loved as they should have been  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 14:18:56 PM »
They are all just gorgeous Sarah and their sad history is now behind them  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Lovely to hear that  Korky has found his forever home after a year  :Luv2: :Luv2:

The BSHs are gorgeous but wot a state they were in when they first came to you.  :hug: :hug:

Hope you are finding some time for yourself  - not long now til baby Ross is due  :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:21:09 AM »
thanks guys. Yes the BSH were in a shocking state made worse by the fact that the surviving owner spent the whole time we were there collecting them talking about how they were his wife's prime 'show cats'.... if only she could have seen them.  3 of them are 9-10 years old too not the way to spend your retirement and our big boy Jay is 6 but with terrible weight problems. He weighed in at a hefty 8kg on arrival and we are slowly getting his weight back down so he can at least breathe more freely now.

Beau is a very cheeky wee lad Gillian... think your furkids would emigrate! lol ;)  I know I keep out his way on his daft half hours! lol  but on the other side it is great to see as he has his mojo back and is no longer this quiet, meek, frightened wee boy... though I wouldn't mind if he was just a 'tad' less bolshy lol

We have some amazing wee cats just now its just such a shame that they have all had to go through so much before getting to the Harbour.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 08:13:16 AM »
Lovely cats and great to see lots with new homes  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 23:50:12 PM »
You have done some wonderful work with those and should be really proud, that British Blue is stunning  ;D ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 23:43:34 PM »
Aw, lovely to hear their stories  :Luv2: those poor BSH - but boy, look at them now!  :wow: and I absolutely love, love, love Beau  :Luv: ......please package him up and send as soon as,  pls thnx ;)  :evillaugh:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
Introducing a few of our Harbour Babies awaiting homes...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 22:06:59 PM »
Firstly I will apologise I haven't done this sooner. I was full of great intentions to get this update online a couple of weeks ago however lets just say Baby Ross has had other ideas!!  ... but without further ado.... here are some pics and updates for you all of some of the Harbour Babies we have just now....

Little Ronnie - some of you may remember her as the kitten who came to us earlier in the year with a multitude of problems. not least a big hole in her eye, cat flu, riddled with worms, filthy, scrawny, etc and at just 12 weeks old.  As time has gone on wee Ronnie takes a few steps forward and then another few steps back and despite being a very happy wee soul at the moment our vets feel that she will not make 'old bones' and may only have a couple of years if she is lucky.  To this end we have decided that little Ronnie will remain with us at the Harbour where she is happy loved and content until her time comes to go to Rainbow Bridge.  She is such a funny wee girl and whilst she remains happy.... we will continue to give her everything she needs.

Angel was taken into our vets to be PTS as she was urinating in the house.  We got a call to ask if we would be willing to take her rather than have a gorgeous, friendly 5/6yr old cat PTS and of course we couldn't turn her away.  As it turned out she is a fit healthy wee girl just living in an exceptionally busy house with lots of other pets including dogs, cats and rabbits as well as several young children in a very busy noisey house... she just couldn't cope and was stressed.  Seen it hundreds of times before.  Since we have had this amazing little girl she has done brilliantly well and is now seeking a lovely quiet home to rest her wee head and be loved and happy.  This pic was taken on her arrival...

I'll share this wee guys pic quickly... this is Audi who came to us via one of our volunteers after he was advertised for sale at 7 weeks old.  He spent a few weeks at the Harbour preparing him for his new home and teaching him how to eat, etc as he hadn't been weaned properly and has left us just last week to join his new home where he is tearing round the place at 100 miles an hour... but isn't he cute??

We also took in 4 BSH cats from a single household that were in horrific condition... they have finally all started to bounce back and their condition improve and they are now all looking for new homes.  Sadly one of their owners died and they found themselves living outside over the winter and had some horrid sores on their legs and the matting to their fur was shocking... especially for short hair cats as you can see in the pics below.  Thankfully as Damon demonstrates at the bottom pic with our niece they are looking and feeling much much better...

One of the huge matts next to my hand on Esme

Esme now...

Damon on arrival

Damon looking much better....

Toby the cheeky wee ginger boy who was hit by a car and has spent his recovery at Sunny Harbour has finally been cleared for adoption and found himself a wonderful new home rather quickly and will be leaving us this week...

Marco who was a very badly beaten boy also found his new home a couple of weeks ago and is settling in briliantly well making strides every day to gain more confidence and get back to a 'normal' life he should have always had.

Monty our cheeky little ginger 9 mth old kitten left us last night after a couple of months at the harbour gaining confidence and learning how to be a cat.  He is going to keep his new pawrents on their toes but is settling in wonderfully already... :)

Korky our big black stray boy who we have had for a year and thought we would never find a home for finally found his new home a few weeks ago and is settling in great and really making himself at home. We are so pleased for him after having been through so much and spending so long at the Harbour.

We also have Beau who is looking for a new home again after finding himself up for sale to the first taker...  stunning wee lad only 11 mths old and the Harbour is his 5th home already.... poor boy!

We were also very pleased when Tolkien our 12 yr old Maine Coon also found his retirement home.  Here is a pic of him settling in and enjoying the rays in his new home...

We have a few others floating around too just not many pics of them at the moment but needless to say they are all happy and finding their feet at the Harbour....  We are hoping to have a few more into new homes before Baby Ross decides to make an 'appearance' to make life a little easier but we are very grateful to our wee band of hands on volunteers who have done an amazing job at helping out with all the hard work this last few weeks.

Hope you all enjoy the piccies and reading about some of our current residents and I will try my best to get more up soon! :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat