Author Topic: in search of a Polydactyl black and white kitten mainecoon  (Read 6315 times)

Offline sootica

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: pumpkin and sydney
Re: in search of a Polydactyl black and white kitten mainecoon
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 00:12:08 AM »
Thats terrible poor little thing  :'(. I hate it when things like that happen so irresponsible . :( Yes i went through that site thankyou :Luv2: and have found someone who may have kittens soon!If only i could whizz through my driving lessons, I'll just have too find a way too get there!  The thing is that its not just a mainecoon. I'm in search of a poly mainecoon has extra toes nickname (snowshoe cat) the right breed are completely healthy with this trait and there are bad breeds of them sorry too say.
 Although they are rare already it was quite difficult as poly mainecoon, they have original charastics and traits from the maine coon breed since the mid-1800's (when they lived on ships they was real sea cats)  before they was selective breeding. They changed over time too be normal paws. Poly maine coons are not excepted in mainecoon cat shows ect.... they call it a defect, plus you can't have 2 mainecoon polys too breed for polys you need one plain maine coon and one poly. I think its a bit taboo in the breeders community with polys but the breeder are all lovely but it has been challenging.
when no one understands you.... be sure your cat will always know with out question

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 01:07:43 AM »
There are loads of breeders in UK

http://www.maine-coon-cat-club.com/

You really need to know what you are doing and that any breeder you deal with is GCCF registered.

There are loads of unregistered breeders and my brother suffered from buying from one who conned him, saying she left the GCCF , more like she was thrown out and his lovely Maine Coon was not socialized and had so much wrong with hime he passed to the Bridge around about 3 yrs old.

There are certain things that affect Maine Coons and they should be blood tested.

Non-registered breeders will tell a mountain of lies, so please be very careful.

If you remind me tomorrow there is a site that gives very good info about buying a pedigree.

Offline sootica

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 00:11:35 AM »
found a uk breeder! the only one in uk!  might be in luck  :Luv2: i've sent an email
when no one understands you.... be sure your cat will always know with out question

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 23:44:27 PM »
I reckon that will be a very hard find  :hug:

Offline sootica

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 20:48:17 PM »

this is my mr muggles rip

Offline sootica

• Adult Cat
in search of a Polydactyl black and white kitten mainecoon
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 20:27:07 PM »
 I lost my poor Mr Muggles my soul mate and now in in search of a polydactyl Maine coon kitten male black and white these cats are just the same as my little boy AND PROVING TOO BE VERY HARD TOO FIND   :Luv2: can anyone help

Link to CatChat