Author Topic: HEARTBROKEN  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: HEARTBROKEN
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 14:11:07 PM »
You are very welcome, and I am glad we have been some comfort to you, we are always here if you need to talk. Remembering a life shared, not a life lost is an incredibly good way of looking at it. The lamp sounds a lovely thing, and he will always be in your heart, and you will meet again one day. The days do grow brighter, but you never forget them.
Please spay your cat

Offline MKirkham

• Kitten
YOUR CONTINUED KINDNESS IS HELPING ME GET THROUGH
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 13:48:05 PM »
To all who have taken time and love to reply to " Heartbroken "

No words can express how very grateful I am to all who have sent their love, support and comfort following Jackson's passing.
Not an hour goes by when he does not enter my mind, but thanks to you all, I am beginning to smile a little, remembering life shared, not life lost.
I have placed a lovely glass lamp close by to where Jack lies, and every night I light the votive candle in it to light his resting place until the sun rises.
I carry him in my heart always and forever and have faith that the days will grow brighter, strengthened by the love and support of my Purrsss friends.
Love to you all and to your beloved kitty companions.
God Bless
Margie xxx

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 13:36:39 PM »
RIP little Jackson another fur baby taken far too soon............play hard at the bridge little one god bless

Margie sending you a hug and lots of head kisses from my babies......how lucky Jackson was to have had you for a  mummy albeit too short a time

Sorry for your loss

xxxxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:10:47 AM »
Welcome to Purrs, so sorry it is under such sad circumstances. Jack knew you loved him and did everything you could to help him, hopefully you and your other cats can help each other a lot at this sad time. Big hugs to you, and RIP little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 10:41:04 AM »
Hi Margie, welcome to Purrs.

I know what you mean about closing the box. When we lost our cat, Parsley in February I was the same. I kept having to stroke her "one last time." After about the third time, my partner said that it was enough because it was already painful and I was putting off the inevitable. He was right, of course.

He managed to hold it together until we had laid her to rest, and then broke down. We both cried an awful lot in the days surrounding and the day of her burial. We still miss her daily.

You may not have been with him in the vets operating room, but Jack knew you loved him.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 13:08:08 PM »
Hello Margie, Welcome to Purrs

I'm so sorry you found us under such sad circumstances and wish there was a way to take away your pain  :hug:  Unfortunately too many of us on here know exactly what you are going through as we have lost furry friends ourselves.

We are all hear for you.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 11:52:07 AM »
 :'(

We are here to help.  :)

Welcome to Purrs (although a sad beginning)

xx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »
I am so sorry and know the hurt you must be feeling.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 08:12:44 AM »
Welcome to Purrs Margie, as Gill said I'm sorry it is under such sad circumstances.  He will be safe at the Bridge now until you come to collect him  :hug:  I know what you're going through as I lost my little girl almost two months ago, there still hasn't been a tear free day but I can now think of her and remember how special she was without breaking down.  That day will come for you too...  Jack would have been asleep when he crossed over to the Bridge and he would have known you were thinking about him so don't think of him as being alone.  I have emailed you a selection of words and poems to the address in your profile, hope they can bring you some comfort in the weeks/months ahead  :hug:

Remember Our Love

I was chosen today
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:15:47 AM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 08:08:47 AM »
hi  :welcome: to purrsss im so sorry for ur loss  :hug: :hug:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 22:59:14 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs abd so sorry its in such sad circumstances.

RIP Jackson, much loved and never will be forgotten.

Here on Purrs we all understand what you are going through and it talkes a long time to get over a sudden loss like that. It gets slowly easier in time but is so hard  :hug: :hug:

Offline MKirkham

• Kitten
HEARTBROKEN
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 21:26:45 PM »
On Sunday one of my beloved British Blue Shorthairs, Jackson, passed away after a short and unexpected illness. I feel as if my heart has been torn out and burying him yesterday, in a sunny spot in my garden, was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I just did not want to close the box, as then I knew I could never touch him again or look upon his sweet face. He just looked as if he were sleeping and I fully expected him to wake up at any moment and gaze at me with his lovely big amber eyes.

I know time is a great healer, but just now I feel lost, desolate and all I do is think about my baby Jack and how I was not there for him in his last moments ( he died on the vets operating table ). I have placed a copy of Rainbow Bridge and Little Ghost Cat in with Jack along with a special letter from me and a guardian angel to help him pass over safely.

I am truly blessed in that I have Jack's mum Tia and his uncle Tyler still to comfort me, but they too need comforting as their little pal has gone.

Life is very cruel and sometimes I just can't figure it out - Jack was only 7½ years old and I was expecting him to live a long and happy life.

I never knew I had so many tears either - they seem never ending. He will live on in my heart and soul and I can only wait until I cross the Rainbow Bridge with him to Heaven.

Love to all our feline loving friends out there and their beloved companions.

Margie xx

Link to CatChat