Author Topic: Rescue cats in need of good homes  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Rescue cats in need of good homes
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
Hiya warm welcome to Purrs  :hug:

Wonderful of you to help the cats  :hug: :hug: i sincerely hope there are forever loving homes out there for them  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 16:47:23 PM »
Cheers for adding the link, I was just about to add when I got waylaid  ;)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rafflesmoore

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Elsie,Baby Blue,Dolly,Lilo,Marmalade, Oscar aka Ginger Ninja, Sweetheart (Raffles, Chappie, Chu Chi & Bonnie at Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 16:35:30 PM »
Hello

Here is a list of rescues in Lancashire which you could try. You could also try posting on the Cat Chat forum in the rescue and rehoming section.http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lancs.html

I hope you find somewhere for your cats.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 16:23:20 PM »
Hi  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Have you posted in Cats Needing Homes Section?  It's a good idea to go through a rescue as proper checks are carried out.  If you contact rescues in your area they will be able to put them on a list or some do direct homing where the cats remain with you until suitable homes are found.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »
Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs. Hope you manage to find homes for some of your cats.

Offline joquajo

• Kitten
  • Slave to: ten of them!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »
Thank you.

We are in Lancashire (near Oldham).

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:09:17 AM »
Hi and welcome, what area are in you?

Offline joquajo

• Kitten
  • Slave to: ten of them!
Rescue cats in need of good homes
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:56:07 AM »
My husband and I have 10 rescue cats, which we currently keep as pets. We have over the last three years rehomed around 20 others, but live in a two bed terrace and so space is at a premium!

We did not intend to keep all 10 as pets forever, but have struggled to find cat sanctuaries that have capacity to take them and wonder if anyone knows anyone who could help with two domestic cats and three semi feral cats.

We can provide the medical history of the domestic cats and provide photos of all five. All five of the cats are neutered.

The domestic cats we are looking to rehome are:

Princess: she is a black and white cat that once belonged to a next door neighbour who did not want to take her when she moved. She was run over as a kitten and lost one of her front legs, but she gets about pretty much the same as any other cat. She would be best in a home with less or no other cats and she likes very much to sit in front of the fire whenever possible and likes treats!

Nugget: Nugget turned up in our garden out of the blue and then we discovered she was pregnant; she had 6 kittens which we have rehomed. She is a tortoiseshell and is very loving; she likes to have her tummy tickled.  She would also prefer a house with less or no other cats.

Both cats use a cat flap and are house trained and go outside happily (they come and go as they please in our house).

They are both very much loved and well looked after and will be sadly missed, but will no doubt be much happier in new homes, where there are fewer number of cats.

The three semi feral cats: two are brother and sister tabbies, about 18 months old, and one is a fluffy tortoiseshell who is about a year old. Both come in our house to eat and sleep (which is why we need to re-home them, as it is causing much distress to our other cats) and are house trained and can use a cat flap. None of them are hugely friendly (I can feed one treats by hand but cannot stroke any of them). They might come round, otherwise might be suited to a farm or stables.

Thank you for any help you can give, it is much appreciated.

Link to CatChat