Author Topic: Progress on getting the 'tree' site to remove their animals section  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Susan + 8

• Adult Cat
Re: Progress on getting the 'tree' site to remove their animals section
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 13:08:05 PM »
I have cross-posted this on Cat Chat, as there's a few of us on there who regularly report ads on that site. This is a great step forward, well done to all who have been involved x

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
It's just so sad that they have been so blind to the suffering behind the ads they allow  :'( :'(   Well done hun and all those involved in this to make them see what they are condoning on their site, I hope with all my heart that all animal ads are banned from there and all sites like it.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 20:07:06 PM »
Well done everyone involved  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 18:42:01 PM »
Great news  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 14:44:41 PM »
Nice work  ;D Hope they will go on to remove that section completely!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 14:29:22 PM »
Fantastic progress.

I'm glad the directors were shocked, possibly this means they might actually DO something!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
well done all! great news!

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:39 AM »
Well done to those involved, hopefully good will come of this.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Progress on getting the 'tree' site to remove their animals section
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »
Many of us in rescue and those followers of this section will long be aware of the issues surrounding the 'tree' site and the suffering directly caused because of it. Recently several rescue groups and individuals have joined forces on Facebook with the aim of gathering evidence to present to the people that run ***tree as well as the RSPCA whose involvement with the site is viewed by many as an endorsement of it existence.

Yesterday group organisers, along with representatives of rescues met with the RSPCA representatives and ***tree senior directors. I won't reproduce the report of the meeting but I can tell you it was learned that NO human monitoring of ***tree takes place before an ad goes live and it's all done by software tasked with flagging up certain buzz words. When presented with evidence as well as statements of high profile supporters of the campaign to remove the animals section, ***tree directors appeared shocked at times. They also confessed to having no idea about animal welfare issues and also admitted no one on staff has researched them and when an advert which raises concerns on individual cases is removed, no further action is taken and no one at the RSPCA is alerted.

People... it is important, when you see an advert which is clearly illegal or raises concerns about the welfare of the animals concerned, do NOT simply report is via the ***tree site itself. The ad will be deleted but no further action will be taken and no record kept about who placed the advert. You MUST alert the ad to the RSPCA yourselves or else the animal can never be saved!

Further discussions have not been ruled out and I'm happy to report that the campaign representatives invited ***tree staff to shadow a dog rescue who deals with ***tree originated cases and to visit a dog pound and the ***tree staff have agreed to do this.

If anyone wants further info please PM me. But this is a MAJOR step forward in getting ***tree to remove their animals section.

Link to CatChat