Author Topic: Hi all..  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Hi all..
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:39 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Gorgeous photos  :Luv: :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 19:10:30 PM »
Ah, a naughty tortie - I used to have one of those! She will keep you wonderfully entertained, and occasionally exasperated!

I have two indoor cats - we have a garden which they have access to but only when we're there so most of the time - during the week and all through the winter - they don't go out.

I can recommend investing in a cat tree because cats love to be able to climb up on different levels. Also, a good selection of toys. You don't have to spend a fortune, often they'll be happy with a paper bag or a piece of cardboard or a box they can rip up or jump inside.  And if Daisy doesn't go out at all, bring in things you find outside for her to smell and investigate. Feathers, rocks from the garden, that sort of thing. Try growing her some indoor grass - most pet shops sell this specifically for cats. It's good for their digestion and gives them a bit of variety.

And don't forget catnip!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 18:31:08 PM »
I love Daisy  ;D ;D

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 17:23:46 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :welcome: Daisy :rofl: :rofl:
I can see you will provide many moments of joy on here, the easter egg box is disturbing but funny at same time :Crazy: :rofl:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 17:05:37 PM »
welcome to the forum! Daisy is lovely :) and you should know by now, cats aren't naughty- they just like to entertain you  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 00:10:08 AM »
Brilliant  :rofl:

By coincidence I just posted this on another thread but Daisy NEEDS a Da Bird, my two boys were indoor only for the first year or so of their lives and Da Bird (and Da Mouse) sessions helped use up their boundless energy.

There's good news and bad news...

The good news is it's perfecty normal kitten/young cat behaviour, the bad news is it lasts for years! My two cats are now 4 years old and one of them in particular regularly hides in doorways and springs up the doorframe to face level to frighten the life out of me!

As for the racing round the house issue, sounds like she has lots of energy to burn off. An amazing toy that comes highly recommended is Da Bird - you could try having regular play sessions with her to try and burn some of the excess energy off.

Here's a couple of pics of my boys literally flying for Da Bird to give you an idea of how it makes them react - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,36848.msg653455.html#msg653455

You can get them from the Purrs shop... http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/da-bird-uk-gocat-da-bird-cat-toy-2-part-easy-store-rod-38

Offline Fitzchiv

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Daisy
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 00:05:24 AM »
but mainly an idiot...(she got herself into this mess)

Her name's Daisy btw, and I will now stop spamming the thread with pictures of her! My main queries come from the fact she's a house cat by neccessity so really it's a case of any tips on ensuring she stays entertained - no issues with boredom yet but i'd rather head it off at the pass.

Anyway, I'll put it in the correct forum tomorrow
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 00:06:09 AM by Fitzchiv »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 00:04:04 AM »
Sink sleping is perfectly normal... if you're a stupid cat named Daisy  :evillaugh:  :naughty:

She's lovely, such a beautiful little face  :Luv:

Offline Fitzchiv

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 00:02:55 AM »
She can be cute at times too..

Offline Fitzchiv

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 23:54:42 PM »
Well I thought i'd check back and see if there were any replies, and seeing as the investigation photo went down well I thought i'd provide one of what she's doing right this moment..

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 23:39:25 PM »
is it too late for an entry in the photy comp? :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 23:38:24 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

She sounds a right character, love the easter egg investigation  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 21:05:55 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: excellent .... now that is the sort of easter egg I wish I had received!

:welcome: :welcome: to the madhouse ... what is the "terrors" name?  She is gorgeous.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Fitzchiv

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 16:35:12 PM »
i didn't know whether to include pictures of our little monster-munch in this post or the general forum. When I say a terror I mean it in the nicest possible way; nightime ambushes, ninja dashes to get into the forbidden wardrobe, raised-back sideways walking when found doing something wrong, depositing toy mice on girlfriends head approx 5am every morning followed up by aggressively affectionate licking of face etc etc. Barmy, absolutely barmy. I've had a Bengal and it never came close to this run of the mill nutcase animal.

It started off with us providing a home for her for a few days as her then owners couldn't guarentee her enough attention (kids and other cats), turned into a trial run of us keeping her for a week, has ended up in full-blown being owned by a 9 month old monster!

here she is having investigated the easter egg box.

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
Hi terrors are fine, they keep you entertained to what mischief they can get up to next.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
 :welcome:  to Purrs, I am sure you will get lots of good advice  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:19:02 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Don't forget we need pics!  :pic:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »
hi and welcome - don't worry advice we can do!  Hope you enjoy it here

Offline Fitzchiv

• Kitten
Hi all..
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »
Nice forum and just what i've been looking for. We've recently provided a home for a little terror/darling who needed one and now it's time for advice! ;D

Link to CatChat