Author Topic: So tell me about Da Bird.....!  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: So tell me about Da Bird.....!
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
There's always kitty kopter too which is a bit like da bird without the rod and more suited to being played with by themselves.  If I start Mosi off with that he likes to play with it by himself for a while, although it isn't long before he's mithering me to throw it again for him.

I might look into getting a wire da bird instead of the string rod as I'm always nervous when Mosi gets hold of that after his little episode when he swallowed the string years ago.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
Good point, well presented!  ;)

Mine prefer the string rod though as Mousey can be moved more subtly before doing big whippy round flying sessions, plus I'm always worried about garroting them with the wire rod as they tug so hard!

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »
Not if you buy da cat catcher mouse (or something like that) which has a mouse attached to wire attached to a short rod.  They prefer the wire version much more than the attachment on Da Bird :D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 21:03:39 PM »
I would definitely opt for da mouse before da bird - only have to rattle it slightly and mine come running :D

I agree but you need the Da Bird toy to get the pole/string/clasp that Mr Mouse goes on  :sneaky:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 20:54:31 PM »
I would definitely opt for da mouse before da bird - only have to rattle it slightly and mine come running :D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 20:15:43 PM »
Lol yeah check out the vids of wonderful Lu & Riles on the Da mouseys video tab  :evillaugh: - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/da-bird-uk-accessory-da-mousey-catcher-mouse-attachment-40

Have to say the Da bird is one ell of a toy. We have been shipping it over since 2007 now and it's still our best seller on the Purrs shop  ;D

There are two Da bird versions - The easy store rod which comes in two parts which connect together to form the 36" rod or the Single 36" rod. we sell both :)  We now have a deal with GoCat toys in USA so are able to offer great prices on all the GoCat USA toys as well as more of a choice their superb quality toys  ;D

There is  also a cheaper toy similar to the da Bird called the Cat dangler bird rod. We also sell that to give a variation on price.  That is good to try out your cat to see if they would like the real da bird at a cheaper price.  :)  It's in no way any where near quality made as the real Da bird toy and is prone to the two part rods not fitting tightly, the feathers do tend to come away from the rod and it doesn't make the sound of a bird in flight,  hence the cheaper price.

Stock of the Gocat toys always goes quick on Purrs but I have a big order comin in from USA and will be with me about the 12th March  ;D

We are also one of the 1st in the world to stock the new Super feather refill and dragonflier  new toys just out from GoCat toys USA.  ;D

Lol sales  pitch over   :evillaugh:  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 19:43:35 PM »
The Da mouse is teeny and I have let the boys play with it on it's own before (no choice really - it has been stolen from pockets and backs of drawers in the past!) but I do worry about them swallowing it as it's quite small and they are VERY attracted to it. I have no idea what it's made out of (it's sort of bristles on a thick bit of wire) but trust me, Da Mouse is NOT like any ordinary toy mouse that might get batted around. I get full on growling, tug of wars etc!

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 19:39:13 PM »
Hehe!

Great pics! Hmm, hadn't thought of Da Mouse... i'll take a look at that as well xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 19:03:43 PM »
Yep, as Gill says you have to operate the da bird for her. I sometimes wedge the stick down the side of the settee with a Da Mouse attached and they do a bit of chewing/pouncing on it but not anything weight loss inducing!

I've just hunted these pics out for something else, they give you an idea of how much fun there is to be had, these were taken when the boys were under a year old so as a more mature lady I wouldn't expect Katie to be flying around but some frantic dashing around is a certainty!

Da Bird is fab but my boys go even mental-er for Da Mouse so you've got to get both  :naughty:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 18:32:12 PM »
Da Bird needs a human to play as well.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
So tell me about Da Bird.....!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 18:03:38 PM »
Says it all in the title really!

My cat Katie could do with losing some weight but she's really not a very playful cat. She'll throw and chase her knitted mouse around, but she likes to play on her own. We had a laser toy which she liked, but not really and would sit and just watch it after a while  :tired:

So everyone here seems to love Da Bird, but there seems to be different ones etc and it's be good to have something that she can play with herself.... Any suggestions on where to start?
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat