Author Topic: Ginger & White Stray Tom living in garden & I'm moving home. West Yorks (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there's been no update will move this now
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:07:57 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Ginger & White Stray Tom living in garden & I'm moving home. West Yorks
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:26:04 AM »
Any news?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
I wouldn't just do as the RSPCA say as it's condemning him to a life as an un-neutered tom for the rest of his life. I think that the priority would be neutering.

Call CP head office on 03000 12 12 12 and tell them you've been in touch with the local branch and get them to contact the branch. As a CP volunteer myself, we do take in injured and sick strays and although they may be full, they need to prioritise an un-neutered cat! They need to help and if it means calling head office I would.

Are there any neighbours who may take on the responsiblity of feeding him?
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I'm afraid taking my numbers up to four would be too much for me Michelle.

I have chronic illness's & disability on an extremely low income & sadly, also had to re-home 3 out of 6 of my much adored cats last year as a consequence of this.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I wouldn't agree with what the RSPTS have said.
Keep looking, hope you can sort something for this little one xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Agree with Moiras last comment!

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Hi, sorry to hear about your predicament. Here is a list of rescues local to you. You may find some of the smaller rescues more helpful.

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/yorksw.html

You are certainly not being 'soft', just a caring human being and the RSPCA are talking c**** as usual.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
I'm afraid taking my numbers up to four would be too much for me Michelle.

I have chronic illness's & disability on an extremely low income & sadly, also had to re-home 3 out of 6 of my much adored cats last year as a consequence of this.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I can not take him having 3 of my own & where will he get his food?

Would taking your numbers up to 4 be too much ?  ;)
Especially as you say your cats have excepted him and vice versa

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
WAKEFIELD W.YORKS
I have had Ginger living in my garden since the icy winter months. He was in a terrible state with sore on ear & who still has runny eye & very depressed. For the first 3 weeks I didn't feed him just in case he had an owner. But, then I gave in as I couldn't bear him being cold, ill & starving. I made a bed for him underneath an outbuilding so he had shelter.
He is un-neutered & spraying all over the garden.
I rang cat protection who said they would bring a trap so they could get him to the vets but that never transpired. Rang again where they said if he was ill then the R.S.P.C.A would have to take care of him as they couldn't take an ill cat.
I was willing to take him to the vets myself to get him neutered but he will not let me pick him up yet. Have tried to catch him in my own cage but he wont go in it where I had put his food in.

He now knows he is going to get food & is washing himself now & not as depressed. He is also more trusting & sneaking in the house & pinching food but have to watch him as he has sprayed in the house.
I think he is used to other cats as mine have accepted him & vice versa.
I have had him playing with toys so he will interact eventually.

I am worrying as I move house next week & I can not take him having 3 of my own & worried where will he get his food & the distress he will be in again?

The R.S.P.C.A came out last week with a trap but after a brief encounter before he ran off she said he looked fine. I beg to differ!
She said he was probably semi feral & will survive as a stray.......

Should I just accept what the R.S.P.C.A says?????

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:08:28 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat