Author Topic: URGENT TRAP REQUIRED TO RESCUE INJURED CAT - SITTINGBOURNE, KENT-SORTED  (Read 2081 times)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
Re: URGENT TRAP REQUIRED TO RESCUE INJURED CAT - SITTINGBOURNE, KENT-SORTED
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 17:29:53 PM »
Many thanks for the update, Sharon

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: URGENT TRAP REQUIRED TO RESCUE INJURED CAT - SITTINGBOURNE, KENT-SORTED
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 16:57:23 PM »
I had an update from the branch yesterday. This cat is not in any seriious way indeed it can walk, the fact that the injury has been with the cat for several wks was in indication that it did not have any broken bones, as the general condition  of puss is good.. The person reporting this cat has been given instructions, no trap was needed (indeed it was not a wise move to leave on there due to location and the number of cats around) and that the injury (which is probably a cat bite) is not causing the cat too much grief.. If the cat can be handled it will be treated at a vet and the situation assessed from there..
The lady has posted a very nice apology on catchat as us local branches thought we were getting abit of a bad press here.. CP and RSCPA will leand out traps when appropriate and when the situation calls for it.. The information that CP HQ gave out was wrong and i have spoken tot he helpline manager to make sure her team are given out appropriate information as well, as it makes all brnaches work much harder when the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing! I feel sure that the branch involved in this case will get this puss cat treated as soon as.. 
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
No news yet. Dulcie posted on CC yesterday that CP would help her with the trapping but they have decided first to try to lure the cat into a shed rather than risk further injury to the leg. I do hope they get it to a vet soon. I know that Dulcie and CP are doing their best.

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
has the little cat been trapped yet, worried he might loose a leg if not trapped soon we  are in Brighton to far to come for trap i could have let you have one.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Glad that this poor puss is going to get help.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Great news!  ;D
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
thats great  ;D

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Dulcie has just posted on CC that her local CP are going to help her trap the cat. Thanks Purrs peeps for help offere and advice.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Re: URGENT TRAP REQUIRED TO RESCUE INJURED CAT - SITTINGBOURNE, KENT
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 22:02:36 PM »
Thanks, everso, Kate. I'll cross post your message on CC. Dont have the posters contact details so will have to relay messages.

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Re: URGENT TRAP REQUIRED TO RESCUE INJURED CAT - SITTINGBOURNE, KENT
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 21:30:18 PM »
Hi Moira

We are in Kent (just) but really quite a long way from Sittingbourne, however, in the absence of other offers, willing to come and try to trap.  Because of distance tho', would need to be a one hit shot so would be great if neighbour can feed and set up routine first.  Also posters need put up locally and/or neighbourhood leafleted and local vets contacted to see if it belongs to someone.  An injured cat may be friendly but pain is making it wary.

If you have no better offers, pls pm me or call/email.  I can't access CatChat forum because the password we've been given for the forum doesn't work for our homing pages and vice versa - they bomb each other out - so have had to stick with homing pages password...they are more important.

Kate

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
URGENT TRAP REQUIRED TO RESCUE INJURED CAT - SITTINGBOURNE, KENT-SORTED
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 19:07:53 PM »
Cross posted from Catchat.

'Hi
We have a stray cat in our area (sittingbourne,Kent) who I've heard crying during the night almost every night for weeks now, My neighbour has told me today that she has actually seen this cat and says that it has a broken back leg, she has fed it and has tried to get it to come near to her but it won't come too close, we desperately need to catch this cat to get it some vetinary help but need a trap, please can anyone help. I've called RSPCA but its engaged and there is just an answer phone on at the local CP. (sorry posted in wrong area of forum, have re-posted in health & behaviour)'

Don't have contact details for poster but can contact with CC.  she has tried RSPCA who referred her to CP who referred her back to RSPCA.

Anyone in Kent who can help?

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:01:59 PM by moira »

Link to CatChat