Author Topic: SureFlap problems  (Read 19419 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: SureFlap problems
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
I think I've figured out what's going on....the Sureflap's reliant on a cat going in to the flap head first, right? My cat (Sage) is quite a cautious little individual and sometimes she'll push the door with her front paws - while bending her head back away. Which is probably covering her chip.....could that be the case?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline SureFlap

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
Hi Tan,

So glad to hear you are getting on well with your SureFlap!  ;D

Best wishes,

SureFlap

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 23:42:30 PM »
Thanks very much Sureflap for joining and answering members questions  ;D ;D 

I have to add that i have had a sureflap now for over a year and i love it.  It has def stopped any stray cats getting in my boys core house and ideal as my lads are only indoor & cat proofed (getting out) garden and they don't wear collars. The microchip flap works a treat and has constantly worked well.   

I have only had to replace batteries once so far. I picked Sureflap because it was easy to run on batteries and not mains.

Thanks for a great product  ;D ;D and customer service.

Offline SureFlap

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
Hi Steve,

Apologies that you were promised a DVD but you didn't receive it.

We can still arrange for a DVD to be sent if you would like, or for a quicker solution, there is a video on our website that shows exactly how to replace the catch and spring:

http://www.sureflap.co.uk/support/service--repair

I hope that helps  :innocent:

Kind regards,

SureFlap

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 20:29:06 PM »
What happens is that I put it into learn mode, the lock went down, a cat went through...it went out of learn mode but the lock stayed down.

Then a few hours later i decided to get to grips with it again and put it in learn mode, except this time the lock wouldnt go down!

So a very kind soul at Sureflap sent me a lock and spring except i was told that its possible to replace this without removing the whole thing from the door and a DVD would be sent with the item. However I didnt receive a DVD and the only video on the Sureflap website suggests i will have to remove it from the door.

Bascially, I need someone to show me if possible, how to fit the new spring and grey lock mechanism. Dont want to take everything apart - removing from door in process - if there's a better, easier way.

Offline SureFlap

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 14:15:39 PM »
Hi Jack,

Sorry to hear that your SureFlap is having problems reading your cat's chip. If you could give our customer service team a call on 01234 227158 we would be happy to discuss the issue in order to diagnose the problem.

Alternatively, if you would prefer, there is a contact us form on our website. If you fill that in with your query then a member of staff from our after sales support team will get back to you with a solution.

Best wishes,
SureFlap

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 13:44:09 PM »
Just a question seeing as you've joined Purrs - can you tell me why one of my cats chips only register sometimes not every time? Odd. :-:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 13:11:31 PM »
Thanks SureFlap :) I did contact you on Tuesday (I think) and a very helpful person has sent me a new lock. Gonna have a bash at it later and will post back if its sorted.

Offline SureFlap

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing problems programming your SureFlap!

As Helen mentioned, if you would like to give us a call we would be happy ton talk you through programming your SureFlap and if it transpires that there is a problem with the unit we could send a new one out to you to get you up and running.

Best wishes,

SureFlap

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
Cheers Helen - really appreciate that. I now have the opposite problem where the lock has come up but now wont go back down!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »
If you can't get it sorted over the weekend it might be worth ringing their customer service on Monday...

01234 227158 - Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 18:00

http://www.sureflap.co.uk/support/troubleshooting

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 19:44:33 PM »
I've never used Sureflap so I am afriad I can't help - but I am sure someone will be along who can! ;D

Offline Steve1977

• Adult Cat
SureFlap problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 17:35:40 PM »
We'v had this for a while now but have never managed to use it properly due to not having our 1 of our cats microchipped. Anyway we sorted that today but having problems with the flap!

Firstly we put the lock in position 1 but the grey center lock didnt do anything - I remember when we first had it and this did go up and down. Anyway we managed to suss it when we took the batteries out and back in again, then it sparked into life.

So we started again, but now was unsure if it was working as a cat went into the flap from inside to outside...I doubt this would make a difference but I noticed the lock was now permanently down. So we tried to wipe the memory and im finding that this is impossible. I'v kept it held down for 1 minute or so and the lock doesent go up and down - VERY FRUSTRATING!

Iv put it back into learn mode now to see if something helps it spark back into life because this is doing my head in to be honest.

Anyone got an ideas what the problem could be? The Batteries have been permanently in the machine for 4 or 5 months but the machine hasnt actually been used as no chip numbers were in it's memory. As a test, I did try batteries from our remotes which work fine and it wouldnt do anything such as wiping the memory then either. please help!
Steve

Link to CatChat