Author Topic: Arrrggggghhhhhhh  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Arrrggggghhhhhhh
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 16:28:06 PM »
.....sometimes he will eat a little than wander off and I end up following him all over the place trying to get  him to finish it

Very time consuming isn't it Susanne  :tired:  Freddie is just the same but he esp needs the protein due to kidney probs so I seem to spend half my life following him with food ..... unless it's the wee hours of the morning that is  :tired:

I sometimes think I'm a right mug for doing it but I don't want Jaffa eating Mosi's biscuits which is what would happen if I left it down so I end up trying to persuade him to eat it anywhere he wants.  Under the bed has always been a bit of a favourite but the top of a particular book case is popular right now!  Worst thing is when neither of them want to eat what they're given so I'm trying to get both of them to eat from the right bowl - the phrase herding cats comes to mind.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
.....sometimes he will eat a little than wander off and I end up following him all over the place trying to get  him to finish it

Very time consuming isn't it Susanne  :tired:  Freddie is just the same but he esp needs the protein due to kidney probs so I seem to spend half my life following him with food ..... unless it's the wee hours of the morning that is  :tired:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 08:22:52 AM »
It's funny but he's really not interested in food.  Usually he will eat when I give him something and enjoy it, sometimes he will eat a little than wander off and I end up following him all over the place trying to get  him to finish it (which he usually does but under the bed or on top of a bookcase...  :shify:) then other times he's just not interested at all (but will eat normally at the next meal).

Jaffa on the other hand is a good eater and always ready for his food but he is getting fussy.  I think that's due to a combination of the fact that he now has lots of choices (when he was younger it was just JWB for breakfast and supper and felix for tea) and his getting older (less sense of smell, not able to eat as much in one sitting etc.).

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 20:25:57 PM »
Not food motivated, just like a lion now and again and wakes you up to eat you :rofl:  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
I think they've all been getting lessons from Susanne's Mosi  ;)

The one thing Mosi doesn't whine for is food!  Jaffa always starts up when a meal is due, but Mosi never bothers at all.  He's not really that into food, at least not when there's so much trouble to get into.  He's not a food motivated cat at all.

Offline dizziblonde

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 17:44:18 PM »
Suki just miaows in indignation - after years I've concluded she just feels like a nag of me.

Offline Katt

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 16:21:33 PM »
I feel sorry for you all, I truly do.  :hug:

I guess I got really lucky with a silent boy, you can just make out a little chirp when he talk`s, and you have to feel him purr.
But he dose sleep on my feet, good for warmth but darn heavy after awhile.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 23:24:29 PM »
Me too  :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 18:47:48 PM »
I am in the same boat as Gill - Beavis will howl for hours for no apparent reason. I so wish I spoke cat! :tired:[/b]

I say that all the time!!! :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 18:37:57 PM »
Amber is a very silent cat. She only ever yowls when she wants something 'NOW' or if its in the night at her tray to tell me she has cystitis. When she moved in I found it really odd as Mogs was vocal and would answer when I spoke to her where as Amber would just purr if you so much as looked at her  :evillaugh:
Yeah Im thinking dreamies as well. For the last year we've done treats in toilet rolls to keep her amused. One lot of dreamies and shes figured out if she knocks the rolls over the treats all fall out and she doesnt have to reach for them  >:(
love
Tab

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 18:01:55 PM »
I am in the same boat as Gill - Beavis will howl for hours for no apparent reason. I so wish I spoke cat! :tired:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 17:55:23 PM »
I think they've all been getting lessons from Susanne's Mosi  ;)

Bonnie tends to keep me awake all night by walking all over me.  I stroke her and give her a cuddle and then she's asleep for a bit and then about a hour later she has another walk all over me.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 17:45:03 PM »
Ella just wails for the sake of wailing, she seems to be able to a ten minute uninteruppted by breath wail. I am sure the neighbours think we torture her and I am surprised the RSPCA haven't turned up at the door. Half the time she seems to not know what she is wailing for either but I think she just likes me to knwo she is there!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 17:19:56 PM »
Amber sounds like Franta who just howls and howls untill I find out what it is that he wants................usually food!

But it could be he has used his tray and wants me to clean it, could be he wants attention or bloomin anything......sigh......but I still love him and hope he knows it.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 17:18:12 PM »
I was so jealous reading the 1st bit of your post but am so glad you realise you had no right to expect such an easy ride  :)

I'm on a week off atm and have to admit to using the last 2 afternoons to have a nap due to Freddie's insistence that 1am and 3am is normal feeding time .... for him  :tired: 

..... either she wants more anti biotic tablets .... or she wants the dreamie treats

My money's on the Dreamies  ;)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Arrrggggghhhhhhh
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 17:09:02 PM »
Since Mogs died over a year ago Amber has been totally clueless when it comes to things like getting up or being fed. Basically if I get up she gets up, if I offer her food she eats it....if however I dont she sleeps through.
In the last day or so though Amber has kept coming up to me and yowling in my face. She doesnt care if its 4am or if its 2pm, 2.30, 3 or 3.30 or what she just keeps coming and mithering me.

Now either she wants more anti biotic tablets which she has finished and this is possible because she keeps nicking her pill pusher or she wants the dreamie treats she had after the anti biotics to cheer her up.

I dont think I can cope with a cat that knows when it 'thinks' it should have tablets and be fed Ive been enjoying have a totally flexible if a little thick cat  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Link to CatChat