Author Topic: Damaged cat food tins  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Damaged cat food tins
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 04:31:43 AM »
Odd you asked this question. Its timely!

Since moving to Manhattan trying to learn about different foods in comparison to the UK brands has been a long process. With madam now a diabetic her diet is critical.

I had to stock up on the brand Lexy a) likes and b) I know won't harm her. I left work late so couldn't make it in time to my usual pet food store (lovely little place) before it closed.

I had to stop at Petco (a not so equal version of PAH).

The brand I like (Wellness Core) was in stock but the whole batch on the shelf had the same symptoms as your tins.

All either dented and/or stained and then I found a tin that was actually so dented it had opened on its own, the contents horribly mouldy and blech.

I decided to err on the side of caution and buy Lexy some of the other brands she and I can live with.

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 00:06:37 AM »
Oh YUCK!!! If they don't make this right for you you can always send THEM a sachet of what Robbie thinks of the nasty food they tried to give him!  :sick:

Offline Katt

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 17:26:38 PM »
What bad luck...Hope they replace them..

I wouldn`t feed any of them either.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 16:22:52 PM »
Ewww  :sick: I think the lesser dented ones *might* be OK but like you say, you have no way of knowing if they are in the early stages of yuckiness so not worth the risk!  Hope whichever company it was replaces them for you  :shy:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 16:10:45 PM »
dented tins aren't good, I hope they refund you for the ones you've lost, 24 is a lot of tins

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Damaged cat food tins
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 15:38:07 PM »
Last night Robbie's supper wasn't very pleasant - after I'd opened it I realised the can had been quite badly dented.  The food had all dried and shrivelled up and there looked like there was mould growing on the remnants.   :sick:  Obviously I didn't feed it him! :D

However, on looking at the other cans that came with the deliver, most of them are also damaged - some to the same extent as the mouldy one, the rest to a lesser degree.

Will any of them be safe to feed him?  He has been a bit off the food recently - wondering if this is the reason why!  I've emailed the retailer - the boxes aren't damaged on the outside though and the shipping box didn't show any sign of damage and waiting for a response on that.   

If I don't feed him any of the dented ones then there will be about 24 cans wasted, and I'm really not made of money!  Even if I open one of the damaged cans and it looks okay it doesn't mean it is edible as it could be in the early stages of going mouldy.

Guess I answered my own question really!

Link to CatChat