Author Topic: Friend and his family are looking for a kitten, possibly 2.  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Friend and his family are looking for a kitten, possibly 2.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
Thanks Liz - Lesley has had his details for a couple of weeks, but I think she only has older puss cats at the moment and not kittens based on her last update in the Rescue Room.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 20:28:52 PM »
What about Lesley at 8 lives not to faraway and am sure she would have some stunning babies
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 20:14:05 PM »
I suppose I can understand that, but can't imagine why anyone would go into a rescue looking for a pet, be completely honest about their plans and intentions if they intended on not taking said pet with them?

I did mention the possibility of adopting once in France but I think they were hesitant as although my friend speaks passable French, his wife speaks very little and they thought it would be easier to adopt now. I think he also said he thought it was easier to bring a UK cat into France and potentially back into the UK if necessary than it was to do it the other way round.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 20:08:16 PM »
I suppose the rescue may be worried that they'll decide not to take the cats with them.  I wonder whether it would be a better option to wait a few months until they move and adopt there?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
Friend and his family are looking for a kitten, possibly 2.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 19:53:23 PM »
Hi all, a friend of mine at work has come to me for advice about getting a kitten (or possibly 2) for his family. He has had cats around most of his life, but chose not to intorduce one to his young family until the were old enough to be taught to respect animals. His youngest is now around 5 and he has decided that it would be a good time to add a new addition to the family. He is looking for a kitten as thats the way he has always known pet ownership, from baby animal to the rainbow bridge.

He has been to one of the large well known local rescues to make enquiries but due to a very recent change in his job, he and the family and the new cat/s will be relocating to the south of France in August and the rescue in question turned somewhat frosty as soon as this was mentioned. Does anyone have any advice or know of any kittens in the Hampshire area in need of a home? He is not short of a penny or 2 and currently lives in a large house in a lovely rural area about 10 minutes drive from where I work.

Link to CatChat