Author Topic: kitten/young cat wanted, Cumbria  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: kitten/young cat wanted, Cumbria
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 23:27:05 PM »
"I think" isn't going to be good enough I'm afraid. You will need explicit written permission in some form that allows you to have pets. If you don't have this your landlady is perfectly within the law to tell you you are in breach of contract and tell you to remove the animals immediately. Standard tenancy agreements have a "no pets" clause and you have to ask for it to be removed and replaced with the "pets allowed" clause or you will always be in breach of your tenancy.

I used to work in the lettings industry ;)

Until you sort that out no rescue will rehome to you, it's too much of a risk for the cat to rehomed and it not be a forever home, they've already faced at least some upheaval and it's about keeping the stress for the cat and the strain on rescue resources to a minimum.

Offline Tigger91

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Tigger
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 23:20:58 PM »
I dont think it say in the tenancy agreement that we can't. It was advertised as no pets no but we already have rabbit and guniea pigs here. But the other tenants from the same landlord that live up the road they both have cats and dogs and she doesnt mind.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 23:16:16 PM »
Do have a clause in your tenancy agreement allowing pets? Rescues want to ensure the kittens/cats they rehome to people in rented homes won't be boomeranging back because the landlor dhas found out and doesn't want pets in the property, it happens an awful lot as it is without them adding to their own problems  :shy:

Offline Tigger91

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 23:07:23 PM »
Thats great, thanks

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 23:03:57 PM »
And as for the looking in the needing homes section how do you know if a cat is in your area?
Thanks

It should say in the title (but not all do so you'd have to check or ask on those threads) but many will rehome further afield anyway.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 23:07:57 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tigger91

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 22:55:18 PM »
Yes have looked at rescue centres, but because we live in rented propery they would need letter from lanlord but I dont think ours would do that for us. And as for the looking in the needing homes section, how do you know if a cat is in your area?
Thanks

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 22:51:00 PM »
Hi, welcome.

Have you looked in our cats needing homes section? or contacted any rescues in your area?

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/cumbria.html

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tigger91

• Adult Cat
kitten/young cat wanted, Cumbria
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 22:28:23 PM »
Kitten or young cat wanted to live in a countryside area, no children, no dogs or other cats and will be given lots of love and care. Male or female.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 22:29:09 PM by popsrich »

Link to CatChat